PDA

View Full Version : Best buns for shorter hair?

selenechiba
September 29th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Being a restaurant server, I have to keep my hair up at all times. Currently, I use an octopus clip... but looking through this site and seeing all of the different types of buns really makes me want to utilize them for variation. Unfortunately, my hair just isn't long enough for the intricate ones, and I don't know enough about them to look them up by name and compare. What is the best type of bun for those with hair in the mid/upper-back range?

nyemelis
September 29th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I have pretty fine hair and when it was mid back what I would do is loop my hair into a ponytail. On the final loop, don't pull hair all the way through. and take the ends and twist them around the ponytail holder. Secure with one bobby pin.

It looks best on shorter long hair lengths in my opinion because the looped hair stays looking bouncy and the tail that is left to wrap around the ponytail is short enough.

I hope this helps.

yellowchariot
September 29th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Being a restaurant server, I have to keep my hair up at all times. Currently, I use an octopus clip... but looking through this site and seeing all of the different types of buns really makes me want to utilize them for variation. Unfortunately, my hair just isn't long enough for the intricate ones, and I don't know enough about them to look them up by name and compare. What is the best type of bun for those with hair in the mid/upper-back range?

Hey selenechiba, I might have an idea that could help ya out. I accidentally found this out on my own (though I'm sure other have found this method as well) do a ponytail, and band your ponytail into about 1 inch sections. It should be very secure and stiff. Then wrap it around your base ponytail, and secure it however you want.

Hope this helps! Peace Out!

GlassEyes
September 29th, 2009, 06:31 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=138

Cheater's Easy Hairstick bun was a good one for me when I started using hairtoys a few months ago. Now I can do other buns, but that was a good one.

Anje
September 29th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Cinnamon bun is a good place to start. Another to look at is Eadwine's "10 second quick bun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0YIyUGn2pI)".

Papillonnoir
September 30th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Although neither are exactly buns, I think French twists and French Braids are super chic. I've actually never done a sock bun, but I know they can be done on quite short hair. I also work at a restaurant, and some of the waitresses really like peacock twists and messy scrunchi or cinnamon buns.