PDA

View Full Version : hairstick/pin/fork how-to question

ambychelle
September 29th, 2009, 12:53 PM
So, I get that you are suppose to point away from the center of the bun and then rotate to point it inward. But when I'm sliding the stick/pin inward, am I suppose to be going all the way to the scalp or am I suppose to be going through the center of the hair in the bun?

It seems like if I go through the hair, it's not secure but if I go all the way to the scalp, I get major hair pulling spots and I have to take it down to re-do it.

So, through the hair in the bun, or along the scalp?

thanks!

Beldaran
September 29th, 2009, 01:03 PM
So, I get that you are suppose to point away from the center of the bun and then rotate to point it inward. But when I'm sliding the stick/pin inward, am I suppose to be going all the way to the scalp or am I suppose to be going through the center of the hair in the bun?

It seems like if I go through the hair, it's not secure but if I go all the way to the scalp, I get major hair pulling spots and I have to take it down to re-do it.

So, through the hair in the bun, or along the scalp?

thanks!I do both in a weaving motion. I'll catch bun hair, then scalp, then try to get the middle of the bun, then scalp and then out the other side of the bun. It sounds complicated, but it's so second nature to me by now I don't even think about it.

heidihug
September 29th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Depends upon the bun. A cinnabun I try to quite firmly twist and then insert my stick or fork mainly through the hair. Others, though, I have to catch more of the scalp hair because they are not usually as firm of a bun.