PDA

View Full Version : Question for baby fine hair owners

merseaone
September 29th, 2009, 12:43 PM
How often do you trim your hem? I have virgin hair but the ends always look scraggly. Is there a secret to stopping this naughtiness?

Anje
September 29th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Mine gets trimmed every 3-6 months or so, when I decide the ends are just too thin for my taste. Others trim when they get splits, but my splits are never on the bottom margin of my hair.

How to keep it from getting scraggly? Well, some of that comes from the fact that different hairs on your head grow at different rates, so it will usually eventually become uneven. A bigger culprit for many people, though, is that the ends get worn down and broken off. Learning to comb gently without breaking hairs and wearing my hair up in a style that keeps the ends tucked in and protected helps most with that.

jojo
September 29th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I have fine hair and trim every 6 months, my hair is up 99% of the time so I do not notice the hem.

Kris Dove
September 29th, 2009, 02:24 PM
I usually trim every 3-4 months as it does get straggly quickly.

If I want to wear it down when it's due a trim I put it up or braid it for a bit first so that it gets wavy and wurly, and then the ends won't be noticeable. Doing that puts off needing to trim quite so often! ;)

Flaxen
September 29th, 2009, 03:27 PM
I also trim about 4 times a year. My hemline stays pretty straight, but I do trim off all growth to maintain at waist..ish. I'm hoping in time to improve my horizontal volume enough to grow farther. We'll see. :lol: