PDA

View Full Version : Any chin length cuties here?

juliaxena
September 29th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I was wondering how many of us (:p) there are here. I could really use some advice, like how to keep your hair sticking inward with using a round brush and blow dryer. This woould be a life saver right now! Or you can just come and hang out.

KajiKodomo
September 29th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I have chin length hair, but I don't heat style. I just tend to let my hair do whatever it pleases. If half of it wants to stick out and the other half wants to curl under, I don't worry about it too much.

My job allows me a certain leeway in terms of being on the casual side of business casual, and I prefer not to heat style (never really have, except for a brief hair crimper stint in middle/high school).

I can't wait until it's long enough to put it all back in a ponytail! :D

natorade
September 29th, 2009, 01:42 PM
I am growing out my yucky asymetrical back to a chin length bob. So I am getting anxious for both sides to grow.

georgia_peach
September 29th, 2009, 02:02 PM
I'm with you, KajiKodomo. No heat styling and if it gets kind of crazy looking, I just go with it. :D

I like this thread idea, Juliaxena!

juliaxena
September 29th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I am growing out my yucky asymetrical back to a chin length bob. So I am getting anxious for both sides to grow.

And they will grow for sure.

I don't want to use heat styling either, I'm useless at it anyway. Oh well, I might as well enjoy this sticking out phase as my hair will be slick straight in no time if I know my hair.

juliaxena
October 22nd, 2009, 10:49 PM
How are you all doing? I have grown about half inch past chin lenght by now. My hair at the back is about half inch longer though.

natorade
October 23rd, 2009, 01:14 AM
How are you all doing? I have grown about half inch past chin lenght by now. My hair at the back is about half inch longer though.
Congrats to you...I can't wait till the front of my hair is chin length so I can get an inverted bob again. I am hoping by my bday in Feb it will happen. I am about 1/2 inch below earlobe on my shortest side. Any idea how much longer till I reach chin length?

juliaxena
October 23rd, 2009, 03:57 AM
I'm guessing it could be in two months? Do you plan to get any longer? I can't wait for shoulder lenght...and then APL etc.

firenze
October 23rd, 2009, 06:59 AM
I'm about chin length, too. I'm a little longer in the front and shorter in the back thanks to getting an asymmetrical bob. For a couple of months it was amazing and I could literally wash and go and it would dry perfectly. Now, not so much. It is an inch and a half longer so it flips in weird ways and the back is kind of ugly because it's been tapered to my neck. I've been pretty much heat free for over six months so I'll be darned if I'm going to cave (my hair was really heat damaged before I did a big chop). I know how frustrating the flips can be, though. Could you let your hair air dry for a bit then use a blowdryer to coax the ends under?

I don't know if I'm going to trim or not. Is it possible to grow out an asymmetrical bob without trimming and not look goofy?

juliaxena
October 23rd, 2009, 07:35 AM
I don't know if I'm going to trim or not. Is it possible to grow out an asymmetrical bob without trimming and not look goofy?

I think it is very possible, there are many asimetrical hair styles and I like them. But on me I do prefer simetrical and even hair style.

KajiKodomo
October 23rd, 2009, 07:37 AM
I'm now at shoulder length stretched, and about mid neck unstretched (I have a short neck!).

Today, I have my hair in piggytails! :D

turtlelover
October 23rd, 2009, 09:27 AM
My hair is now a bit below chin length in front and chin length in back (inverted bob) but I have a TON of layers to eventually grow out since my hair is "stacked" in the back.

Freija
October 23rd, 2009, 09:33 AM
I just had my hair cut into a chin-length bob from APL - I'm growing out old henna at the moment. Blow-drying is easy - just run a small amount of serum between your palms and through your hair (it's not like hairspray, it won't glue your hair together and damage it!), then blow dry on a low heat setting. Try holding the dryer in one hand and alternately using a large round brush in a sort of 'rolling' motion underneath your hair, and your fingers to curl the hair under.

Before cutting I went without using any heat on my hair for about a year - I'm really noticing the difference. My hair is so dull-looking! It's not damaged yet, though - still strong and full, and whenever I let it air-dry the shine comes straight back - so I'm thinking of trying out some really big rollers to hold it in place while it air-dries. Has anyone tried this?

artowl
October 23rd, 2009, 09:42 AM
Mmm, almost? I'm growing out from an asymmetrical cut right now. One side is chin length, the other is probably an inch from that (at the rate I'm going, I give that side another month to catch up :)). I can't wait for shoulder length!

amaiaisabella
October 23rd, 2009, 09:58 AM
What a neat idea! Thanks for starting this :)

My hair is just at the neck bone in back, and barely reaching the curve between neck and shoulder in front. I do like the length, but the girl cut so many layers in back, when I sleep they get all funky. I was heat styling at first, but got tired of it, as I can never get my hair stick straight anyway, and I want it to grow to a more manageable length. I can get it into a small ponytail but no buns as of yet.

hmmm
October 23rd, 2009, 10:49 AM
Ooh I don't know if I'd call myself chin length or not with the cut that I have. I'm growing out a pixie and I just ignore the fact that it looks so in-between and funny for now. The layers at the back are at my neck, and I can't wait for them to grow past that! The shortest are in the front, my bangs, which cover my eyes and go about half an inch below them. Then I have chin length layers and slightly smaller ones all around.

In terms of styling, I don't do anything... at all. I play with different sort of partings, clips, pins and so on in my hair to keep the bangs away from my face and to make it a little more interesting. It's just long enough to look good with hairbands too, I just can't use the really wide cloth ones without looking silly.
Once it gets a little longer it'll look a lot better, so I'm just being patient and not trimming as long as my hair can stand it.

juliaxena
November 29th, 2009, 02:21 PM
My growth seems so slow to me. But I know it was 2 and a half months ago that I made almost 2 inch cut so it will take 5 months just to be back where I started. 2,5 half months to go. I seem to be about inch and a quater below chin. Some days it looks shorter when my hair is kind of lifted at the roots-who knows why. I think in a month I can do a real pony tail.

juliaxena
December 20th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Hello again ladies...uny updates? I suppose I can do a real pony...but I don' t wear ponys so I'm wiating for a time I can do a braid or even a french twist. I don't see much growth since my last post, less than quarter of an inch. I think I grow slower than most people here.

Dreams_in_Pink
December 21st, 2009, 03:00 AM
Don't know if this is your case, but my ends curl out more when i have my hair in a ponytail.

In that case, you can try making a higher ponytail and pinning the ends curled inwards.