PDA

View Full Version : evil captured on camera

rach
September 29th, 2009, 12:01 PM
i was rather impressed with the picture but not so impressed with the process of hours long removing the these evil beasties .
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs232.snc1/7921_167938974782_732834782_3754105_2648701_n.jpg
my daughters hair "sigh"

LittleOrca
September 29th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Great picture... but now I want to go wash my hair. :shudder:

Gypsy
September 29th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Whoa.
How much was that magnified?

Debra83
September 29th, 2009, 12:13 PM
What is it?

Samara Morgan
September 29th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Is that a nit? :bigeyes:

Roseate
September 29th, 2009, 12:20 PM
:demon: :couch: :demon:

rach
September 29th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Nit, that it is :(

i tried to make the best of a not so pleasant situation :rolleyes:

you have to admire how good they are a survival but they are a pain in the :justy:

JamieLeigh
September 30th, 2009, 09:57 AM
I hate those things. My kids used to come home from spending the weekend with their aunt with a head full of lice. :demon: Thankfully I put a stop to that!!

I've always heard that lice like clean hair better than dirty hair, because it's easier for them to cling to clean hair. It still makes you feel dirty when your kids get em though. :(

wolf girl
September 30th, 2009, 10:25 AM
I had it more than once as a kid. My dad spent hours picking nits off each strand so we wouldn't have to cut my knee lenght hair. It was a huge PITA. Especially when you have a hyper active kid that won't sit still. :D

fluffybunny
September 30th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Gaaah! That's horrible. I thought it was going to be a monster split end or something... not a hair critter! Yipes!

Bianca
September 30th, 2009, 11:16 AM
:scared: ........

grldollies
September 30th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Growing up in Mi I never knew anyone that had them - I actually thought people had lived in bad places had lice & roaches in thier homes! Well that may be true sometimes but after getting married & moving down here to Fl 26 years ago I found out that this warm climate has BUGS, BUGS & BUGS! It’s a non-ending battle here!
OMG the first time my daughter came home from school with it! We burned the mattresses and had every thing professionally steam cleaned plus I was so embarrassed to go to the store to buy the hair lice shampoo. I prayed no one would see me! I used a very fine comb to comb the buggers out! That was a chore! Later on my daughter had a friend, and they believed that heat would kill the buggers (hair dryer). They had a tidy house but the natural way to go in some circumstances just don’t cut it!! After my daughter came home a couple of times infected after staying over night even she said no more! She stayed friends but not so close! I am more realistic about bugs & critters today but still not so happy w/them! Don't despair this too will pass! It will get better!

rags
September 30th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Ooh, had I known what that was going to be I wouldn't have opened the thread. <having flashbacks of my daughter catching them with classic lenght hair>. :couch:

embee
September 30th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Ick ick ick! Nasty things. Now I itch. :(

Never fear, you *will* win this battle!

Juneii
September 30th, 2009, 11:40 AM
I am so glad I didn't get them as a child when I had tailbone length hair.

jesamyn
September 30th, 2009, 11:47 AM
My scalp is itching just thinking about this. My mom is a schoolteacher and keeps her extremely thick and coarse hair short. (Why didn't I get those genes? But I digress.) She learned the hard way that it's possible to get those from hugging your students. She was mortified, and I spent two consecutive weekends making sure we got them all out of her hair.

Thankfully my hennaed hair didn't get them, though I used the shampoo once just in case.

karli
September 30th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Nice picture!

We have been lice-free for three years now:cheese: But every new semester they put up signs at school saying "we have lice"
So we have to comb, comb and comb.

Arriens
September 30th, 2009, 12:39 PM
I've always heard that lice like clean hair better than dirty hair, because it's easier for them to cling to clean hair. It still makes you feel dirty when your kids get em though. :(
So considering I never had them I should wash my hair more often? :p

More reason I am planning to move up north. No bugs :) but the nice weather is also a big plus.

girlcat36
September 30th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Ugh. I will never forget my daughter having them at age 6 with waist length curly hair(probably TBL when wet). She was out of school an entire week until I hand picked all those nits out of her hair. I refused to cut it. I was living vicariously through her long hair.

KarpatiiSiv
September 30th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Ooh, had I known what that was going to be I wouldn't have opened the thread. <having flashbacks of my daughter catching them with classic lenght hair>. :couch:

I wouldn't have either, I'm now have flashbacks of when I had them at the age of 11 with waist length hair. My heads itching just thinking about it. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Surprise/terrified-026.gif

friskybiznus
September 30th, 2009, 01:59 PM
EEEEEEEKKKKK!!!! :run:

viking_quest
September 30th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I'm so glad I live in a place with minimal bugs. I wouldn't have know lice existed if it weren't for cartoons.

mooglewoo
September 30th, 2009, 02:16 PM
I got lice almost a year ago. I think I got it from me short tenure as a church nursery attendant. :/ I was set on not cutting my hair, so a friend shampooed me up and did one comb through, then everyday for a week I did a comb through myself, and soaked my scalp with TTO. I henna and I thought lice didn't like it, but I'm proof they don't care.

Never found a lice in the combing I did, so friend must've got them all out for me. Phew. Sorry you have to deal with the buggers, they are NOT fun!

shadowclaw
September 30th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Ewww! Now I feel itchy, too shudder: Unfortunately, my pet mouse has the same problem, and he is scratching himself raw. When I realized that he had lice, I was scratching my head all day :p Good thing lice are species-specific. Thankfully, I've found some stuff to treat his icky little companions and they shall be gone in a week or two.

adiapalic
September 30th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Eww, I just want to scrape that little devil off that hair and smoosh it.

I had lice only once when I was little. Caught it from school--me and my sister both had it. It was an itchy time.

rach
October 1st, 2009, 02:33 AM
it does give you the phantom itches shudder:

Ally<3
October 1st, 2009, 03:10 AM
Argh I'm so itchy now.

My mum used to pour metho over my head for this. It's the only thing that would get rid of them. Imagine!

Aditi
October 1st, 2009, 04:36 AM
I can't stand the thought that these icky itchy things lives on our heads shudder:

Tanuki
October 1st, 2009, 09:07 AM
There's a seven year old boy in me going "Cooooool" and a ten year old girl shrieking at that. The doctor says the pills I take should shut them up eventually :silly: