PDA

View Full Version : A trim this weekend!

RancheroTheBee
September 29th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Oh, man. I create so many threads. Anyway, I digress.

I exercised the three-week rule and I've decided to have a wee, but professional, trim this weekend. I did a micro-trim at the end of August, but for some reason it didn't do anything; I guess maybe the scissors were dull or something. Anyway, I realized that if I trim my hair every 3-6 months, I may as well have a professional with ultra-sharp scissors do it for me.

Luckily, I live next to a really good salon, where not a single stylist has ever deviated even slightly from my requests. My boyfriend has prepared me with a list of things I should say to get exactly what I want, since I long ago appointed him my official hair-buddy who will stop me from getting major chops, and he takes this position very seriously indeed.

Anyway, this is a bit of a big deal because I haven't even stepped foot into a salon since before I shaved my head. If I had to guess when the last time I visited a salon was, I'd have to say it was when I stayed in England, which was about... 2006. So, this is pretty surreal for me and I have no idea how to go about it.

Only my fellow LHCers would understand why having less than half an inch trimmed off is such a big deal. :p Anyway, I will post pics!

And question: What can I do to prepare for this trim? I will likely want to have them shape my hair a little, so should I bring in a picture? What else should I talk about to get what I want, other than DBF's suggestion of making them use a ruler the whole time. :p

Debra83
September 29th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Make it very clear that you want a microtrim and nothing else!!!! Make sure that they understand that you are growing out your hair. Find out if there are any "tricks of the trade" that they know of to expedite hair growth!!! Then, SHARE IT WITH US!!!!! :D

freckles
September 29th, 2009, 12:35 PM
good luck! I recently had my first trim in well over two years, and I was very happy with it :) So it isn't always a nightmare :)

RancheroTheBee
September 29th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Make it very clear that you want a microtrim and nothing else!!!! Make sure that they understand that you are growing out your hair. Find out if there are any "tricks of the trade" that they know of to expedite hair growth!!! Then, SHARE IT WITH US!!!!! :D

Hahaha. I remember going in to get a trim once, announcing I was trying to grow out my hair (this was years ago) and the stylist replied that she was to, and she knew the tricks to get it really long. I was really pissed because I wanted her to tell me, but I now I know them. :)

tiggens
September 29th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Godspeed.

I had a trim last week and it went really, really well. Turns out my stylist is also growing her hair out from a pixie so she was sensitive to my pain. I told her my long hair goals and was very specific about what I wanted. Then I just had to have faith. My hair feels soooo much better.

It is good to have a place where people understand your anxiety about losing 1/2inch of hair. Definitely makes me feel like less of a weirdo. ;)

JamieLeigh
September 30th, 2009, 09:55 AM
I don't have any advice, since I haven't been in a salon in over ten years. Hope you have a good experience! Good luck and let us know how it goes. You can even make a new thread. ;) :p