PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Gotti - Extensions?

Samara
September 28th, 2009, 10:46 PM
I saw her on a TV show the other night, and must say her hair is striking. I think she looks good at her age and should keep the length. I read in an interview once that she loves her hair, and has been growing it forever, yet bleaches it. Is it possible to have such looong hair if you bleach it? I thought that was damaging.

It's funny with celebrities how they usually have extensions.
What are your thoughts?

Quixii
September 28th, 2009, 10:48 PM
From my understanding, bleaching can cause damage but there are ways of taking care of it afterwards that keep it healthy(ish).

LittleOrca
September 28th, 2009, 10:51 PM
It might be real, but she definitely needs some haircare tips from JJJ. :)

inertia
September 29th, 2009, 12:23 AM
It's definitely possible to have long bleached hair! I had bleach-blonde hair just about the same color as hers and grew it to TB. (There are a couple of pictures in my album) At TB I got tired of it and did a big chop, but it probably would have grown longer if I'd let it. My natural color is very dark brown, almost black, so this was a huge color change for me. I did the bleaching unskillfully at home with drugstore products and my hair suffered a lot of unnecessary damage; when I later started going to a salon for color, they were able to do it in a much gentler way. However, it still grew that long even when I was frying it myself.

Gypsy
September 29th, 2009, 12:34 AM
She has in the past on Growing Up Gotti talked about getting her extensions tightened up.

Rapunzal2Be
September 29th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Yeah, I think she has extensions, I don't care what she's saying now. And on her last TV show (a few years ago?) I thought her extensions always looked stringy and dry and awful.

Maybe she's improved them now, but I wouldn't believe that its natural.

Debra83
September 29th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Yeah, I think she has extensions, I don't care what she's saying now. And on her last TV show (a few years ago?) I thought her extensions always looked stringy and dry and awful.

Maybe she's improved them now, but I wouldn't believe that its natural.

Sorry to hijack for a sec, but your avatar is striking. Did you just randomly find it on the internet or are you connected to that person?

Gladtobemom
September 29th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Straighter hair has a cross section that's round, wavy has one that's oval, and really super curly hair has an almost flat cross section.

I've known people (like my mom) with straight hair that could color and keep pretty strong hair. She did her roots every 6 weeks or so and then pulled the color out to the ends for the last 10 minutes every 5th coloring or so. Her hair was still strong and soft.

Mine (very wavy), conventional coloring makes it very prone to breakage and it dries out fast.

Cinnamon Hair
September 29th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Honestly, I think Victoria Gotti has great hair! Sure it's an unnatural color and may not be perfect, but to me it looks very nice. It suits her personality and style. :twocents:

Who are we to say it looks stingy or that she's in desperate need of lhc? It is very rare for a woman of her age and status to have such long hair, be it real or extensions. I'm certainly not going to nitpick it.

Kuchen
September 29th, 2009, 02:16 AM
There are several LHCers who have long, beautiful, bleached hair.

Newniepg
September 29th, 2009, 02:47 AM
I had to google her, I didn't know who she was, I would say that her hair is probably extensions. I can't actually decide if I like her 'look' or not.

That said, she seems to have had an interesting life!

Elphie
September 29th, 2009, 03:22 AM
My first "longhair" memory is of my mother in the 70's with tailbone length, straight, bleached hair. It's certainly possible.

Aer
September 29th, 2009, 04:31 AM
They could be extensions, either way her hair has times when it looks pretty good, I got to give her credit for not following the hair chopping fad that most women do when they reach certain stages in their life.

MsBubbles
September 29th, 2009, 05:10 AM
I had to go google-image her. Looks like extensions to me, just because her hair between APL & BSL looks somewhat fluffier and less straight/silky-smooth than the rest of her hair down to her hip/tailbone. It looks like entirely different hair, to me.

Xan
September 29th, 2009, 07:21 AM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/05/12/gal_gotti2.jpg

I think she looks good either way.

Babyfine
September 29th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Straighter hair has a cross section that's round, wavy has one that's oval, and really super curly hair has an almost flat cross section.

I've known people (like my mom) with straight hair that could color and keep pretty strong hair. She did her roots every 6 weeks or so and then pulled the color out to the ends for the last 10 minutes every 5th coloring or so. Her hair was still strong and soft.

Mine (very wavy), conventional coloring makes it very prone to breakage and it dries out fast.

Yes, exactly. I was having highlights done in a salon, with only the new growth touched up- and I had trouble getting it long. I have very fine-wavy hair.

There is a member on the Longhair loom that has knee length hair and colors-JillT
There is an interview on the articles section on her her hair is gorgeous!

elianne
September 29th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Even if they're extensions, kudos to Victoria Gotti for keeping her long hair... she obviously knows what she likes and isn't following what other people say. While I'm not personally a fan of bleaching, it certainly fits her personality and she can carry it off!

Buddaphlyy
September 29th, 2009, 07:57 AM
I vaguely remember reading an interview about here when she had her show and they talked about her making (or going to) an appointment to get extensions. She could have long here underneath them though.

Rapunzal2Be
September 29th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Sorry to hijack for a sec, but your avatar is striking. Did you just randomly find it on the internet or are you connected to that person?

I think it may be a pantene ad, I'm not sure. I found it while doing a google image search of my ideal hair. I find that having something concrete to look at and focus on is really helpful in reaching goals. :)

Honestly, I think Victoria Gotti has great hair! Sure it's an unnatural color and may not be perfect, but to me it looks very nice. It suits her personality and style. :twocents:

Who are we to say it looks stingy or that she's in desperate need of lhc? It is very rare for a woman of her age and status to have such long hair, be it real or extensions. I'm certainly not going to nitpick it.

Well, I'm me, that's who. :confused: Just like you have the right to say that she has "great hair" I have the right to say that it "looks stringy."

And I, for one, am a big fan of bleached blonde long hair. I wish I had it myself, because I love being a blonde. However, I would not wish for hair like hers in a million years. But again, that is *just me.*

Cinnamon Hair
September 29th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Well, I'm me, that's who. :confused: Just like you have the right to say that she has "great hair" I have the right to say that it "looks stringy."
And I, for one, am a big fan of bleached blonde long hair. I wish I had it myself, because I love being a blonde. However, I would not wish for hair like hers in a million years. But again, that is *just me.*
Well ok, but that seems rather insulting. If I were Ms. Gotti I would not appreciate the negative comments, especially from a long hair board where you might think people would embrace long hair on others, regardless of the imperfection.

jojo
September 29th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Her hair is gorgeous, I have highlights and it doesn't stop mine from growing. If you still treat it well (no heat, oilings etc) it is very possible to have bleached long hair, plus even better if you only get the roots done.

Isilme
September 29th, 2009, 05:12 PM
extensions or real, good for her that she hasn't caved in and cut just because that seems to be some kind of "rule" when you are of a certain age. But I'm inclined to agree that maybe her hair could use some love.

Fractalsofhair
September 29th, 2009, 06:11 PM
It's quite possible her extensions are to "fill out" her hair.

It looks to all be one length to me, but VERY fried. However, all very light blonde hair is fried when it's dyed! I bet a moisture treatment, a hot oil treatment, and maybe a protein treatment would do a lot for her hair and make it look good.

Jessikinz
September 29th, 2009, 06:19 PM
http://www.longhairlovers.com/victoria_gotti.html

This is an interview with her, and she explains how she cares for her long hair. She also says very nice things about long hair. Thought this might interest some of you. :)

23_seconds
September 29th, 2009, 06:33 PM
||||||||||

RavennaNight
September 29th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Interesting. I was pondering the bleached superlong hair today myself, but not Victoria Gotti's. It was a young woman walking to the bus stop this morning with hip length bleacheD blonde hair. It was real, and looked well taken care of. Some women just have super-resilliant hair.

Samara
September 29th, 2009, 07:55 PM
I agree totally. Your hair is amazing btw!

GlassEyes
September 30th, 2009, 04:35 AM
It's possible to grow out hair that's been damaged by chemical processes. My friend myriam has 4a or 4b hair that is, in a braid, about classic or thigh length, and she relaxes her hair. I've never seen it out of a braid or a bun. It's also suprisingly soft--I was messing with her braid tassel one day and it was REALLY soft. o-o Sure, she has some taper, but it's still really thick and healthy. :shrug:

slz
September 30th, 2009, 09:43 AM
I don't know who she is and had never heard of her before, but looking at the over-surgically "enhanced" / over - made up face I can't even look at the hair, it's already too much for my good taste-o-meter :D . To each his own, but not mine, obviously :D .

Fireweed
September 30th, 2009, 10:12 AM
I think she looks great for her age and I like the long hair.