PDA

View Full Version : Split ends

windinherhair
September 28th, 2009, 06:34 PM
I was wondering if I have some split ends and I don’t catch each one of them “in time,” do they really continue to split very much?

I know it probably depends on how one handles their hair. Well, I rarely do anything to my hair. I wash about once a week and it stays up on my head most of the time. I don’t blow dry, don’t brush forcefully, I use cool water in the shower…

The reason I ask is because I have been a little lazy about my S&D lately. Time flies by so fast, and I forget. I think my ends still look good. I was just curious about those splits I may be missing at times.

ktani
September 28th, 2009, 07:11 PM
I was wondering if I have some split ends and I don’t catch each one of them “in time,” do they really continue to split very much?

I know it probably depends on how one handles their hair. Well, I rarely do anything to my hair. I wash about once a week and it stays up on my head most of the time. I don’t blow dry, don’t brush forcefully, I use cool water in the shower…

The reason I ask is because I have been a little lazy about my S&D lately. Time flies by so fast, and I forget. I think my ends still look good. I was just curious about those splits I may be missing at times.

They can but it depends on how dry your hair is at the time. I used to get splits that travelled and some that did not.

See how your hair behaves. If it starts to tangle badly in certain places, you can do an area specific s&d, to remove the problems as you encounter them.

Brat
September 28th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you don't rake the brush through your hair or subject it to round brushes and flat irons, I don't think your splits will ride up very far. If you think they look good, then they look good. You're your own biggest critic!

windinherhair
September 28th, 2009, 07:15 PM
They can but it depends on how dry your hair is at the time. I used to get splits that travelled and some that did not.

See how your hair behaves. If it starts to tangle badly in certain places, you can do an area specific s&d, to remove the problems as you encounter them.

I try to pay close attention to when my hair is drying during the week. I apply camellia oil as needed. I never notice really bad tangles either.

ktani
September 28th, 2009, 07:29 PM
I try to pay close attention to when my hair is drying during the week. I apply camellia oil as needed. I never notice really bad tangles either.

Then I would not worry too much. The ones that travel or are in the middle of a hair catch other hairs easily. You will know if they are there or not.