PDA

View Full Version : Hooray, I embarrassed myself!

halo_tightens
September 28th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Yes, it finally happened to me. I was at the laundromat, and I bent down at an awkward angle to reach for something. Suddenly, I felt something crawling on the back of my arm, and I jumped away and screeched so loud that everyone turned to look! Of course, it was only a lock of hair that had escaped its elastic, lol. I sort of mumbled to everyone, "Sorry, had something crawling on me..." before scooting quickly out the door to have a smoke. Oh, the looks they were giving me!!

So yeah, it was embarassing-- but I immediately thought of all of you and all the stories I've read here involving phantom insects tickling random body parts... When I was safely away from the stares, I laughed like a crazy LHC fool.

I guess I've passed the creepy-crawly milestone! Had to share. :D

Isa-belle
September 28th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Ha ha this is just great.

I almost jumped at my braid tassel only last night. I was reading in bed and suddenly wondered what was that dark thing crawling on the other pillow :lol:

Love the way you told your story. Makes me think we could almost create a sitcom based on all our funny hair stories. :D

windinherhair
September 28th, 2009, 07:16 AM
That is a funny story! I can imagine that I probably would have screamed just as loud! :D

marikamt
September 28th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Congrats on creepy-crawy milestone! :toast:

Before I learned how to be carefule w/ my hair, I wore it down/ loose a lot.... one day DH and I were going somewhere and we got in the car and I shut my hair in the door so bad he had to come around and help me open it.... my face was smashed against the window (it was windy outside and my hair had blown upwards as I shut the door).... he thought it was VERY funny.... :D

SHELIAANN1969
September 28th, 2009, 07:57 AM
hehe, I am snickering here. I always feel like such a dork when I do that, and I do it so often that when I scream and roll my eyes hubs says, *was it your hair again*?

It's still funny though, lol. :D

marikamt
September 28th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Before I started "restraining" it at night, DH would roll over in his sleep onto my hair and "pin" me to my pillow......

JamieLeigh
September 29th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Awesome!! Congrats on the milestone!!

On a related note, I had on a pair of super-short sleep boxers the other day before bedtime, and I felt something brush the top of my leg. I thought it was a shed hair and went to pluck it off of my leg, and found out it was actually my hemline. :D

LittleOrca
September 29th, 2009, 10:37 AM
LOL That is awesome. :) Congrats on reaching that milestone. :D

AJoifulNoise
September 29th, 2009, 10:41 AM
:lol: Happy milestone!

I actually just did this today... I was sitting here and suddenly "AAAAAHHHH! Something's on my arm!" Yep, it was my hair. But, at least I was alone for my spazz!

Aer
September 29th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Lol! I know how you feel. I'm always worried about creep crawlies too, especially since watching that animal planet show, Monsters Inside Me.