PDA

View Full Version : Three years, ten days & a question

Holland
September 27th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Any suggestions on how to classify my “new” hair? (Long story below) The new hair is curly on some days (see new profile pic) and straight as a board on some days and often frizzy. Is bipolar a classification for hair?

My “old” hair was 1a/1b (more or less straight as a board).

I cannot determine any specific reason for curly some days and straight some days. I have tracked:
*Humidity
*Length of time since build up remover wash
*Whether or not I detangled

Any suggestions to better understand my hair are appreciated.

(The long story): Three years ago I had an adventure with a brain tumor. My head was shaved in the treatment process. I was told that my hair was likely to grow back grey or a different texture than before. I am happy to say it is not grey. Three years and ten days later I have 23 inches of definitely different hair. And, yes, all is well.

Radulfr
September 28th, 2009, 12:19 PM
I'm no expert but would guess humidity.

Fractalsofhair
September 28th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Did you have chemo, or just have your head shaved?

Yayasmurf
September 28th, 2009, 12:28 PM
I will let you classify your hair as bipolar if I can classify mine as ADHD :D

Mine has a mind of it's own and also is in shock in the mornings when I wake up. I'm fond of saying it is stressed out and has to relax after I wake up... or else I would spend the day looking a bit like a cross between Tina Turner and Rod Stewart. :p

marikamt
September 28th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I have known people who had chemo and hair grew back different color texture, everything.... My mom's best friend was a straight haired blond whose hair grew back curly red after chemo.....

Zéphine
September 28th, 2009, 01:44 PM
I don't know anything about why your hair changes texture, but your curls look awesome!