PDA

View Full Version : No Economic Crisis, I have a hair crisis!!!!!

aznlady87
September 27th, 2009, 06:24 PM
To my beloved people,

I have a problem and would appreciate any advice whatsoever. Let me explain my problem to you. I am Asian, I had to say this to make sense of this hair crisis that I am having. I use to have beautiful long hair, to my waist to be exact. But, I was dramatically influenced by my peers and by the media, I cut that little bad sucker up to my shoulders. Major regret to this day, but let's not mentioned it because my mom is good at saying "I told you so!". I've since then trimmed my hair multiple times, and colored it multiple times within the same month. I've had a perm and reversed perm, my hair must be stinking awful right now! Anyways, I felt that I have grown it long enough to get some fresh hair in there but I might be wrong. My friends has trimmed their hair after me and their hair has grew longer than better than my hair. My hair is currently right below the shoulders and will not work with my personal desires. I have tried to stop using multiple shampoos, and am just having "head and shoulders" now. It falls out a lot, and it won't grow. It did grow, but then it has completely stop or at least I feel like it!

Do you have a hair crisis? Have you had a hair crisis? Did you wait it out? What did you do? Should I just be patient?

I really desire to have long hair again.. but it's really hard. It's probably been half a year or longer.. but it seems to have stopped. I am a very impatient person, but tell me that it's going to grow more. Give me some faith in the hair. Inspire me to not cut it and wait on it as it will not fail me in the long run. Tell me your circumstances, and what you did... Inspire me.

Thank You!

Love,
Myself

Flynn
September 27th, 2009, 06:49 PM
^__^ You just need to be gentle and patient with it.

If the problem with it falling out is shedding, not breakage, you might like to try a milder shampoo. Head and Shoulders, if the formulation where you are is the same as it is over here, is anything but gentle. Have a look in the Reviews section of this site (the link is just to the right of the middle of the bar at the top of the page) and the Conventional Products and Accessories board for some suggestions of shampoos (and conditioners) that have worked for others.

Give it lots of conditioner, handle it gently, try oiling it to protect and soften it, and otherwise just leave it alone. It will do the rest itself.

Have a look around at some of the lovely updos people have come up with (you can find a lot of them in the articles section. The link is right next to the reviews one). Wearing your hair up protects it from further damage, and also looks really pretty. ^__^ There are updos for just about every length posted here.

longhairedfairy
September 27th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Welcome to the LHC!
I have heard that Head&Shoulders shampoo is not very good, but I do not use it so I cannot tell you from experience. Do you use conditioner? Does your hair feel dry or does it seem to break easily? Maybe you need more moisture. If your ends have been chemically treated many times they will be very fragile. I like to use a small amount of oil to help protect my ends. Braiding it will help reduce friction.

Elenna
September 27th, 2009, 07:31 PM
This is your first post here!

There is so much information and support here at LHC. Just letting you know that it takes a while to find the right hair routine and products. Also diet and vitamins are important.

friskybiznus
September 27th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Hi and welcome to LHC! It sounds like you are quite discouraged with your hair right now. I think I can safely say that most people have had a hair crisis at least once in their life! I know I have. About 8 0r 9 years ago, I had lovely long hair. I decided I wanted dredlocks, so I let my son and his friend put them in for me. I hated them and after about 2 1/2 months I tried to comb them out. Well, I couldn't!!! My hair broke and came out and I had to get a major cut. It was awful. My hair is just now regaining some thickness.

I agree with the others here. Change your shampoo to something gentler or try CO (condition only -- there is information on this site about it). Perhaps try oiling it at night with coconut oil or jojoba oil. And wear your hair up a lot. That will protect it and get it out of your way while it grows back.

Again, welcome and best wishes!:D

JamieLeigh
September 30th, 2009, 10:21 AM
It takes the 3 P's.....Patience, Perseverence, Pampering!!!

Welcome to LHC! Hope to see you post more often. :flower:

lora410
September 30th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Well considering you dyed it several times within a month, permed it and then straightened it I am going to say breakage. With breakage you hair looks like it never grows and can give you thin ends. Do a lot of moisture treatments. aka coconut oil found at walmat in the cooking oil section or even olive oil you may have at the house. Then just be gentle. Do not roughly brush your hair. Wash scalp with shampoo only and do not pile you hair on you head when shampooing. Also the articles section will help a lot. Not everything will work for you and it takes time to find what your hair needs.

RancheroTheBee
September 30th, 2009, 11:45 AM
First of all, I only use Head & Shoulders to clarify when my scalp is so greasy that I'd need to wash three or four times with a regular shampoo. In my opinion, it's a little harsh to use regularly, especially on fragile hair.

Second, most of us have been there. I bleached the crap out my hair, and had a lot of it fall out. I took the extreme route and shaved it all off, but you might want to just keep trimming it to get rid of the damage. As I suggest to almost everyone, here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=79) is an article that Nightshade wrote about caring for, and rehabilitating damaged hair. It's a great article. You might want to browse the articles section yourself, to find out about oils, care, and washing techniques.

:flower: Welcome, and good luck!

Melisande
September 30th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Your hair will grow back. You treated it harshly, now it breaks off and doesn't seem to grow.

Take a look at the hairs you find in your comb or brush (btw: gently combing or brushing is better than vigorous!). Are they broken off (split, crooked, short, broken) or are they shed from the root (longer, having a visible white little ball where they were connected to the scalp)?

Depending on the result, you need to concentrate on the hair itself for breaking hair, and on the scalp for shedding issues. YOu'll find more info than you'll ever need on these boards.

Don't despair. Hair is nice and grows daily. You'll have your long hair back, if you treat your short hair well now. The hair that is now growing from your scalp will one day hang at your waist - so treat it well that it may last until then!

And like said by others: diet, vitamins, healthy living. You can't expect your body to produce lovely hair when you feed it with unhealthy food.

Have fun! The journey towards long hair is rewarding because don't forget - hair grows every day.

WritingPrincess
September 30th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Welcome to TLHC! It sounds like your hair my be breaking from all its been through. Moisturize it, wear it up, baby it, and see what happens. You may also find this post (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=624760#post624760) useful. Happy growing!