PDA

View Full Version : Your dream hair as a kid: what was it?

nyemelis
September 27th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I'm wondering how many other people had a specific "dream hair type" as a kid...and how it compares to their hair.

Myself, I always had straight (especially as a kid) fairly dark brown hair.

My dream hair was white-blonde, down to my waist (I can at least pursue this goal....) with large curls. I think Lady Lovelylocks had something to do with this, anyway. And the fact that for a long time I grew up in Colombia where very few people had naturally blonde hair and it is in some ways more idolized even than in the states.

I no longer have that dream in the forefront of my mind, but when I was younger I did dye my hair lighter brown, and made my mom put it up in curls every now and then. Now, I'm growing my hair to my waist!

What about you? What was your dream hair? How does it compare to what you got? Did you ever try to pursue it?

Quixii
September 27th, 2009, 03:34 PM
I wanted ankle length light blonde super curly hair.
Now I want classic length strawberry blonde super curly hair.
Not that much of a difference - but then again, the number of years between now and then isn't that large either.

Heidi_234
September 27th, 2009, 03:36 PM
I wanted stick straight tailbone dark blue hair. Now I can settle for my own, curly, reddish brown being at least tailbone length (with decently thick hemline!).

Laylah
September 27th, 2009, 03:41 PM
I wanted black, perfectly wavy, knee length hair. I still want that. I currently have black, not so perfectly wavy, "can I call this hip" length hair. It takes forever!

rhubarbarin
September 27th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I always wanted dark, pin-straight, sleek hair as a kid. I liked longer hair but never wanted a particular length.

Now I can appreciate what I do have (pretty much the opposite), because I've learned to manage it (mostly).

Ravenwaves 88
September 27th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I've always loved long haired princesses. It seemed like that was what you had to be in order to have long hair. I would draw myself as a princess with floor length hair. I had totally hair barbie which also has floor length. I think I just wanted longer hair but I feel like the oppression at home made me want to change the only thing it seemed like I had any control over. Now I am my own person and I will have long hair at least once in my life!

AnnaMarie
September 27th, 2009, 03:57 PM
I wanted bright red super curly hair, I also wanted pale skin and freckles which was equally as unlikely given my colouring :rolleyes:.
I wasnt that bothered by the length at a young age, although I was a little in love in Crystal Gales hair (but who wasnt right? lol):)

zen_oven
September 27th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Funny, I always wanted blond hair as a kid (then I thought of it as "yellow"). I wanted it to be in loose curls and past my shoulders, but never imagined it longer than that. I can't imagine wanting to go blond these days--I love my color and wouldn't change it now!

peachrose
September 27th, 2009, 03:58 PM
My dream hair was dark brown Sailor Moon pigtails!

Lamb
September 27th, 2009, 04:05 PM
I wanted thick, dark, strong (coarse) and wavy hair which is about waist length. What I have is average thickness which tends to look thin, dark blonde, fine, wurly hair. :shrug: And I've never had the patience/confidence to grow it down to my waist... maybe now that I am no longer fixated on what I don't and can't have, it will happen.

dernhelm
September 27th, 2009, 04:07 PM
I wanted anime hair and hair like Sleeping Beauty's in the Disney movie.

nyemelis
September 27th, 2009, 04:08 PM
I wanted anime hair and hair like Sleeping Beauty's in the Disney movie.

I STILL want hair like that though--it would mean no frizzies or flyaways, and lovely gravity-defying volume. Siiiiigh.

missfortune9335
September 27th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I wanted long, thick ultra shiny stawberry blonde hair, and purple eyes. lol

Tornerose
September 27th, 2009, 04:12 PM
My dream hair was dark brown or black, waistlenght and curly with very much volume. Seeing as I was a kid in the 80s thats probably why...

I had stick straight blonde hair... It's darkened (yay?) but now I kind of want to be blonde instead though because I live like a vampire so my skin is too light for dark hair.

Kris Dove
September 27th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I wanted very long, at least classic length, long thick black hair.

I've grown it to classic length (but still my natural dark blonde) in my early teens, dyed it black ( but only around apl-bsl length) in my early twenties... and it's never been thick, although a perm in my mid teens made it appear to have more volume.

Elvi
September 27th, 2009, 04:17 PM
My dream hair was the long wavy hair of fairies and princesses, golden locks or darker nice colors. My own blond childhood straight hair was cut short, but as a teenager I let it grow.

cocolover
September 27th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Stick straight, super shiny waist length black hair with bangs....I fought my curls growing up :o

Carolyn
September 27th, 2009, 04:33 PM
I had a stupid looking little girl bob until my early teens. In my day dreams I saw myself with super thick, straight, light ashy blonde waistlength hair. I'm there except for the super thick part.

nyemelis
September 27th, 2009, 04:35 PM
I had a stupid looking little girl bob until my early teens. In my day dreams I saw myself with super thick, straight, light ashy blonde waistlength hair. I'm there except for the super thick part.

I would definitely say you're there!

Medievalmaniac
September 27th, 2009, 05:18 PM
I wanted Sleeping Beauty's hair, from the Disney cartoon. I even bougt a big, thick black headband...but alas, mine never looked like that. :(

viking_quest
September 27th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I wanted blond hair, then curly hair, and now red hair. I never had a specific length in mind.

Brat
September 27th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I always wanted tailbone length stick straight (or lightly curly NOT frizzy) purple hair. Mine was always frizzy and tangly, but always long.

Merewen
September 27th, 2009, 05:38 PM
My ideal hair was Pantene-style hair (thick, straight, shiny, goes "swoosh" that was knee-length, emphasis on the knee-length. I basically ignored my hair and figured it would get to my knees someday. Then I chopped it off in middle school (sigh). Fortunately I knew even then that Pantene hair was totally unrealistic and not a huge priority, leaving me able to love my hair how it was/is. :cheese: Although the frizz got me down for a while.

fluffybunny
September 27th, 2009, 05:42 PM
There was a little girl in my kindergarten class with thick long straight light brown hair down to her butt. That was my dream hair. My mom thought I was nuts to envy brown hair when my own was strawberry blonde :)

Whimsical wind
September 27th, 2009, 05:43 PM
When I was kid I always wanted curly hair.

krissykins
September 27th, 2009, 05:46 PM
I had straight hair as a child and the prettiest medium brown color, so I just wanted to grow it to my butt :P

Madame J
September 27th, 2009, 05:57 PM
My dream hair was what Little Orca has now: tailbone-length, honey-blonde, naturally wavy hair. There was also a girl in my class in grammar school with this hair. I would go to sleep wishing to wake up and magically have that hair in the morning.

Instead, I set my pin-straight hair in braids to sleep all the time so I could wake up with super-wavy hair. But the waves rarely lasted till lunch time. It was really weird because I got hair compliments all the time -- girls I wasn't even friends with would tell me I had "Pantene" hair.

23_seconds
September 27th, 2009, 06:13 PM
||||||||||

Flynn
September 27th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Uhm, my dream hair as a kid was hair that would stay out of my way...

ericthegreat
September 27th, 2009, 06:19 PM
As a child, well actually even to this day I have always dreamed of naturally having big, spiral curls. I also always hated my natural jet black color, so I'm glad that I finally had my hair lightened to an amber shade of brunette. I've always loved lighter, warmer shades of hair color, they match my personality inside.

Its an overstated cliche I know, but I want what I don't have!

1nuitblanche
September 27th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Long, thick, wavy-spiral auburn hair.

aada
September 27th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Ariel from Disney's Little Mermaid. Actually, once my hair is long enough, I plan to dye it that red. That, or I wanted bright purple. Had the color, just not the length before. ;)

In fact, I still want my hair these exact same ways! haha

jasper
September 27th, 2009, 07:35 PM
I'm not sure I had hair dreams or ambitions as a kid. My mom kept my hair short before I started school, and once I started school, I wanted to grow it so I could wear pig tails like the other girls, so I did. In junior high, I cut it short, in high school I grew it long again. In college it was kind of medium length.

I never learned to French braid. Maybe that's my unfulfilled hair ambition from childhood. Whenever I saw photos of my mom as a little girl, she had French braids. But she didn't do it herself, her mother did it, and so, she claimed, she did not know how. If she ever braided my hair, it was English braids, which I thought were inferior.

froglet
September 27th, 2009, 07:43 PM
My mom kept my long hair down to tailbone and styled it all the time. Pigtails, french braids, that sort of thing. I don't think I ever really thought about my hair much as a kid.

Once I hit 13 though, I wanted feathered Farrah Fawcett hair. Sadly, it was not to be... :lol:

Luckysock
September 27th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Long, thick, wavy-spiral auburn hair.

me too. Auburn curls is what I wanted. I did my first henna in the 7th grade to get red :) but hair will never hold a curl, and I'm at peace with that now ...

Ravenwaves 88
September 27th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Oooo.....I also remember wanting curls as my hair was on the straighter end back then. So does anyone remember those shampoo bottles labeled "Wash 'n' Curl" I thought it was a magic bottle that made your hair curly after a shampoo. LOL. So silly.

noelgirl
September 27th, 2009, 08:29 PM
I didn't care much about color back then, but I wanted it straight and long enough to sit on. Never quite got there . . .

Aeris
September 27th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I always wanted dark red, elbow-length, wavy hair with lots of layers and volume..I'm kind of close, only a few more inches. If only my hair was a little bit lighter, henna would give me the exact shade I want.

Samitra
September 28th, 2009, 01:47 AM
When I was about five years old I wanted straight, jet black and shiny hair down to midback. In my hair dreams I always wore it in a low ponytail... I also dreamt of having braces and glasses to go with the hair style. :rolleyes: (I had the braces when I was 14, and now I have reading glasses... two out of three isn't that bad, right? :D)

But that dream faded away when I started to long for thick waist lenght wavy hair in a coppery colour. Sometimes I wanted it to be a golden shade of brown, but mostly my dream hair was copper.

I still dream about having that kind of hair, but as my hair grows I love my straight, light brown hair more and more :)

Finoriel
September 28th, 2009, 01:56 AM
I did not have any dream hair. I simply was not interested at all in my appearance as a kid. :wink: Busy climbing trees and playing in the mud, you know.

Yeesha
September 28th, 2009, 02:03 AM
First I wanted blone hair in classic lenght with big curls, a little later I wanted the same, but in red...
As a child my hair was strawberryblonde, hip length and something around 1c/2a...
Now it's reddish (natural color more blonde than strawberryblonde, sadly), around waist length, sometimes curly, sometimes wavy... *g* I think, I'm not toooo far away from my first dream hair, one I have my natural color back and gained some length. ^^ It will only take time... ^^

Irishred
September 28th, 2009, 07:02 AM
When I was a kid my brother got my sister and I hooked on General Hospital. When Felicia Jones (Kristina Wagner) joined the show I LOVED her hair... I think it was Classic and I know it was like knee length when she cut it into a bob a couple years later.

Here is the best picture I could find. http://www.soapoperadigest.com/features/general-hospital/pandt/felicia/

pepperminttea
September 28th, 2009, 08:06 AM
I wished for knee-length naturally-red hair, curly. Either that or Rapunzel's. :)

BlackfootHair
September 28th, 2009, 08:17 AM
When I was a kid I just really wanted smooth sleek hair. I never minded my hair color...but I didn't like how my hair was frizzy. In 5th grade when I was taking care of my own hair I didn't like how it would frizz out so I always wore it in a low pony at the back of my neck and my mom said,"If that's how you are going to wear it all the time, why not just get it cut?" Eventually I did, but much later. I used to blow dry it with a paddle brush till it was straight, but soon in the day it would start to frizz out. My solution was to cut it short and wear handfuls of hair gel in it to keep it looking wet through out the day. I wish I would have known about hair oil back then! lol

bte
September 28th, 2009, 08:20 AM
I always wanted long hair, and knew that one day I would grow to terminal length.
I didn't particularly like my wavy hair until I realised that a lot of girls liked it!

squiggyflop
September 28th, 2009, 08:24 AM
sailor moon hair.. im pretty sure sailor moons hair is mid calf length.. and super thick.. and i wanted so badly to be blonde when i was a little kid.. it seemed like everyone who was anyone on the tv was blonde

QueenAnne'sLace
September 28th, 2009, 08:55 AM
I always wanted to have thick, tailbone length straight Native hair.
This did not work out for me because I am a curly headed white skinned Celt/Nord. Stupid genes.
:laugh:

rchorr
September 28th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I wanted hair like Cher's. :-) Of course, mine's reddish and wavy/curly! LOL! We all want what we don't have, I guess.

RCHORR'

Runzel
September 28th, 2009, 09:39 AM
I wanted straight hair as long as I could have it...ankle length, preferably, I but would have been happy with waist length. :D

When I was little my hair was so curly that it grew "out" rather than "down", and since no one in my family knew how to manage curly hair I was not permitted to grew it out. I remember crying during several haircuts because I wanted long hair so badly. So the only reason I wanted straight hair was so that I could have long hair. My older sister had straightish hair and she was allowed to grow it as long as she wanted--I was so jealous!

Now of course I get to do whatever I want with it, and as you can see my goal is ankle length when curly! Whoever said growing up wasn't fun? :p

halo_tightens
September 28th, 2009, 10:16 AM
I always wished my hair was fine, straight, sleek and shiny, instead of coarse and slightly wavy. I would brush and brush my hair, trying to make it smooth, but it just got fuzzier. Now I understand why, of course, but it drove me nuts as a kid.

This is actually the cause of most of my hair damage, because I did eventually discover a magical invention called a flatiron that actually allowed me to simulate my dream hair pretty closely! Once I discovered this, of course I did it every single day to get that super-sleek look. Now I regret it deeply, as I continue to find more and more splits up and down my length from the abuse. Sigh....

nowxisxforever
September 28th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Long. Knee-length if possible. :)

LittleOrca
September 28th, 2009, 10:17 AM
My hair was my dream length when I was a little girl. It was classic on me in first grade and before hand. Then I cut it and since then my dream has been floor. :)

ericthegreat
September 28th, 2009, 10:20 AM
I always wished my hair was fine, straight, sleek and shiny, instead of coarse and slightly wavy. I would brush and brush my hair, trying to make it smooth, but it just got fuzzier. Now I understand why, of course, but it drove me nuts as a kid.

This is actually the cause of most of my hair damage, because I did eventually discover a magical invention called a flatiron that actually allowed me to simulate my dream hair pretty closely! Once I discovered this, of course I did it every single day to get that super-sleek look. Now I regret it deeply, as I continue to find more and more splits up and down my length from the abuse. Sigh....

I will trade you right now! :cheese: I've always wanted naturally wavy or curly hair, just ANYTHING other than my stubbornly pin straight hair.

PhillyGirl1978@
September 28th, 2009, 10:24 AM
LOL, I wanted to be a "big fat white lady with long straight blonde hair" I used to tell my mom that when I was a little girl. She was a big woman with long blonde hair for a while. Never mind the fact that I was a little brown girl with dark brown curls!!lol

halo_tightens
September 28th, 2009, 10:25 AM
I will trade you right now! :cheese: I've always wanted naturally wavy or curly hair, just ANYTHING other than my stubbornly pin straight hair.

I'd still be more than happy to trade you, if you can figure out how to manage it! (scalp transplants...?) I'm learning to work with my natural wave, but I do still love the look of sleek hair like yours.

Plus, bonus for me-- yours is longer! :D

ericthegreat
September 28th, 2009, 10:39 AM
I'd still be more than happy to trade you, if you can figure out how to manage it! (scalp transplants...?) I'm learning to work with my natural wave, but I do still love the look of sleek hair like yours.

Plus, bonus for me-- yours is longer! :D

Its a deal! :toast:

I've been thinking about going shorter for a while now anyway. (Not! Just kidding! :D) I still really love your natural texture, I'd wear it damp and scrunch it up if I had your natural waves.

rhosyn_du
September 28th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Thick, wavy, tailbone length, and either red or black. Another nine inches or so, and I'll have my childhood dream hair, just in a slightly less vivid red than I'd imagined. That's kind of cool. I hadn't really thought about that until I saw this question.

Pburgh56
September 28th, 2009, 11:18 AM
When I was a kid I wanted long black hair pulled back in a ponytail touching my butt. I know this seems weird for a guy :( But I honestly wanted princess hair like that. Its soo beautiful.

St.Germain
September 28th, 2009, 07:54 PM
I remember I once said I wanted my hair down to my "knee-pits" (knees are on the front, hair is on the back, so I felt the need to distinguish).

It's at classic right now, so I could probably make it to knee eventually. Once I hit my 50" goal, I'm going to do some trimming to thicken up the hemline before I go for more length.

AbruptlyWanderi
September 28th, 2009, 09:06 PM
I have always wanted hair that went past the floor, and was curly. Now, a few years later, I want ankle length, and am fine with my wavy hair! :D

Flynn
September 28th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Uhm, my dream hair as a kid was hair that would stay out of my way...

I did not have any dream hair. I simply was not interested at all in my appearance as a kid. :wink: Busy climbing trees and playing in the mud, you know.

*GRIN* XD Hahahaha, a kindred soul!

How many pretty princess dresses did you manage to ruin when you were meant to be "on your best behaviour" to go visiting an things? >_o I had some very pretty little dresses, but I really was one of those girls who grew up in jeans, overalls, and elastic-sided workboots.

pineapples
September 28th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Straight red hair to the floor. I always wanted the same color hair as everyone else in my family. I'm the weird one with brown hair. But now I think I might henna it. Then maybe I'll look like I belong to my family. LOL

Aer
September 28th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I wanted long black coarser hair, with a white streak in the front. I have auburn hair, and it's fine, but almost curly. I also wanted wild warrior woman hair, complete with decor made of bones and metal. I don't have the bones, black coarser hair, or white streak, but as my hair has gotten longer, and as I've grown, it does get pretty wild looking. I can't remember wanting a specific length, but I know I wanted it very long.

freecelt
September 28th, 2009, 09:48 PM
What I couldn't/didn't have. Super straight and dark or super curly. Now I'm really happy with the hair I have(though occasional color variations are fun :D ).

23_seconds
September 28th, 2009, 09:50 PM
||||||||||

TheEndlessOcean
September 28th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Well, honestly when I was a kid, I couldn't care less. Basically the only time I put any thought into my hair is that when it was long enough to need combing I'd get it cut :p

Since I started caring though, I've often wished that I had 2A ish, medium brown hair, or 2c/3a red hair. Either way I'd like it much longer than it is now :p. Although honestly my real hair type is pretty close to the top of my list of what I'd like, I often wish it was just a bit less curly. Ah well :)

JamieLeigh
September 29th, 2009, 09:58 AM
In the movie The Last Unicorn, when the unicorn becomes the Lady Amaltheia, her human hair is calf-length and white and curly-q at the ends. I thought that was the epitome of beautiful hair and I wanted it SO much. :crush:

linda g
September 29th, 2009, 10:29 AM
I was an Air Force Brat, and many of my friends in elementary school had moms from Vietnam, Korea, the Philippines, etc.

As a result, I idealized long, thick, straight, glossy black hair... so black it almost has a blue sheen to it.

Pburgh56
September 29th, 2009, 10:42 AM
JamieLeigh I agree she had beautiful hair :) It is soo awesome to see so many great hair idols. and 23 seconds its nice to see that other guys dreamt of having long hair too. Did your brother ever let his grow?

Rivanariko
September 29th, 2009, 12:09 PM
I don't remember if I had a specific hair type or color that I wanted, I think I was relatively happy with my fine blonde hair, though I wished it wouldn't tangle so much! I used to scream when my mom would brush it after I'd been swimming or playing in the trees...

I did want to sit on my hair though. No specific length, but I had a friend with gorgeous long, dark, thick, wavy hair, probably about classic length, if I remember, and she could sit on her hair. In fact, I think it might have been because of Katie's hair that I started growing mine in the first place (when I was about 8)

bte
September 29th, 2009, 12:35 PM
JamieLeigh I agree she had beautiful hair :) It is soo awesome to see so many great hair idols. and 23 seconds its nice to see that other guys dreamt of having long hair too. Did your brother ever let his grow?
Unconventional, yes; weird, no. As I said a few pages ago, I always knew that at some point I would grow to terminal. My regret is that I didn't do it when I was in my teens/20s when I would have achieved somewhere between classic and knee. Good luck with your progress and with educating the older generation. I've been there!

Pburgh56
September 29th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Unconventional, yes; weird, no. As I said a few pages ago, I always knew that at some point I would grow to terminal. My regret is that I didn't do it when I was in my teens/20s when I would have achieved somewhere between classic and knee. Good luck with your progress and with educating the older generation. I've been there!

Wow thanks I appreciate it. I love longer hair so I hope mine turns out amazing :) How long is yours?

Hay22
September 29th, 2009, 01:51 PM
I wanted loooooong, thick, red hair like Ariel in The Little Mermaid. Or thick, straight waist length black hair. I actually thought that was what my hair would like look as an adult. :rolleyes:

Wicked Princess
September 29th, 2009, 02:36 PM
I don't think I ever had dream hair when I was a child, but I think it was because I had very nice hair at the time already. It was dark, pin straight, and past my butt - other girls at school would want to play with it, and they liked it when I dressed up as the princess for Halloween.

Oh, if only I hadn't "wanted a change" and decided to cut it! Actually, I really like that I wanted the change enough to go and get it - I looked really good with waist length hair, and enjoyed it at that length but it also showed me that I enjoy my hair most when it is longer. :flower: Learning experiences are not bad.

missbexy
September 29th, 2009, 02:40 PM
I wanted loooooong, thick, red hair like Ariel in The Little Mermaid.
That's exactly what I wanted. Still do but I don't want to dye my hair so it's pretty impossible.

bte
September 29th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Wow thanks I appreciate it. I love longer hair so I hope mine turns out amazing :) How long is yours?

Easiest way to answer is to point you in the direction of this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=7416):

No change in length since then.

Syaoransbear
September 29th, 2009, 03:11 PM
I wanted my hair down to my feet!

Shadow Walker
September 29th, 2009, 03:15 PM
I always wanted hip length hair, and soon I'll be there! Though now I want it much longer than that, I would be happy with anything between knee and ankle.

Pburgh56
September 29th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Shadow walker you will be sooo cool if you get knee length hair lol :) Its nice to see sooo many people on here love the little mermaid.

23_seconds
September 29th, 2009, 06:15 PM
||||||||||

GlassEyes
September 29th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Straight hair. I didn't really care about length (well, I liked long hair, so maybe around APL or just short).

Honestly, I just wanted to look white. :shrug: And I didn't know what relaxers were growing up.

Alun
September 29th, 2009, 07:23 PM
As a teenager, my dream hair was probably that of Rick Wakeman (the keyboard player in Yes), but he had classic length straight blond hair! People used to compare his hair with Brigitte Bardot, the actress (have to put these adjectives in for the youth amongst us), although in fact she was a bottle blonde and his hair wasn't dyed. I now think her hair was better when it was dark, but that's getting miles off topic. If anything, he had longer hair than her as well. Perhaps people should have been comparing Bardot's hair with his, and not the other way around? I'm kidding really, because she was well known long before he was. However, Wakeman's hair is now only shoulder length. As for Bardot, it's hard to say, because she now always wears an updo.

Anyway, first off, I'm not blond like Rick Wakeman, although of course that never stopped Brigitte Bardot, but in some pics from that period her hair looks almost crunchy. Not only that, but I don't have straight hair, it's always been wavy. I don't think I understood much about different hair types at the time, though. I think I thought if I grew it that long it would look the same, except for the colour. How naive of me!

I was never daft enough to dye my hair blond, but at least now I can say my hair is longer than Rick Wakeman's. Not as long as his was then, but a lot longer than his is now, anyway. Mine is still wavy at waist length, though. Come to think of it, at shoulder length now his hair does have some wave in it in some pics, but I can't tell if he used to straighten it?

MsBubbles
September 29th, 2009, 07:50 PM
People used to compare his hair with Brigitte Bardot, the actress (have to put these adjectives in for the youth amongst us), although in fact she was a bottle blonde and his hair wasn't dyed. I now think her hair was better when it was dark, but that's getting miles off topic.

Ha ha what a hilarious post!! I agree, she and her hair looked miles better before her husband bleached it all orangey yellow. Her hair always looked hair-sprayed into a concrete blob, but I'm sure most people weren't really looking at her hair anyway.

As a kid I occasionally and secretly coveted butt-length blond hair, whenever I saw it on anybody else. The blonder the better. Platinum would've been fantastic. My Mother always insulted my useless straight hair however, so she cut it in a hybrid bowl/boy cut whenever it got to APL. :rolleyes:

Leneveu
October 1st, 2009, 11:15 AM
As a child I liked the thin hair types best, interestingly enough. Light blonde or dark brown, long and either straight or wavy at the ends.

nyemelis
October 1st, 2009, 11:34 AM
Awwww Leneveu, I'm so glad someone once had my hair type as their dream hair!!

Pburgh56
October 1st, 2009, 06:23 PM
Awww great hair dreams :) I hope all your dreams become reality

Mutinous
October 1st, 2009, 06:33 PM
I remember being about five years old at school and being fascinated when the girls used to walk in with their tied in a high ponytail and watching their hair sway side to side. Lol.

katydid317
October 1st, 2009, 06:42 PM
I could never (and still never) make up my mind so far as just ONE type. I wanted either long dark brown ringlets or hair just like Ariel in Disney's Little Mermaid. Either way I wanted it long and I wanted it thick. I've been dyeing it darker brown but I think now that I'm growing it out I'll stop just so I'm not doing unnecessary damage to it.

Cholera
October 1st, 2009, 08:10 PM
I always wanted long, loose curls. Back then, my hair was pin straight.. Somehow it got wavier over time o.O

Katurday
October 1st, 2009, 08:55 PM
I wanted my texture and thickness of hair, just longer and darker.
A little henna, a little time...We'll get there =)

Shiva
October 1st, 2009, 09:06 PM
My mom kept my long hair down to tailbone and styled it all the time. Pigtails, french braids, that sort of thing. I don't think I ever really thought about my hair much as a kid.

Once I hit 13 though, I wanted feathered Farrah Fawcett hair. Sadly, it was not to be... :lol:
haha! I wanted Farrah hair, too. It was all about Farrah when I was a kid. Feathered back, etc.

I was always a long hair as a kid even tho my mom never grew her own hair long... I think this had more to do with my dad than my mom anyway. When I was about 11 I wanted to cut my waist length hair to short, short, short and my dad was devastated at the idea.

Pburgh56
October 2nd, 2009, 09:25 AM
Awwwww alot of time dads are more protective of their daughters hair than the mother :)

Topaz
October 2nd, 2009, 09:39 AM
I have blonde wavey/curly hair, but I always admired women with long dark hair, like the gypsies in some of the old movies I watched as a little kid. As a young teen, I watched the Sonny and Cher show. I wanted her long, straight, black hair so bad I could taste it. Nowadays, at 51, I don't think I would wish away my blonde hair anymore, but I sure would wish away these curls! So to answer your question, my dream hair was like Cher's in the 70's. She was definitely my teenaged hair idol.

sweetestday
October 2nd, 2009, 03:34 PM
I always wanted black, glossy, long hair. The long hair, I've always had. My parents both had blonde hair as children that changed to dark brown. I couldn't wait for the same to happen to me, but it never did.

Leena7
October 2nd, 2009, 10:27 PM
Buttercup's hair from The Princess Bride, but honestly, I think that had more to do with my love for Westley and my desire to be Buttercup so I could have a Westley. *sigh*

claram89
October 3rd, 2009, 07:35 AM
My dream hair was dark brown Sailor Moon pigtails!
You stole my dream! =)

But not dark brown, just my blond brown color thing.

LovingLife
October 9th, 2009, 01:36 AM
I always wanted long bone straight raven hair that shimmered with light.
Which mine never did.. :( I also think I was trying to chanell some kind of amazonian princess! :)

Brighe
October 9th, 2009, 05:16 AM
I always wanted long, black curls :)
but I ended up with short brown a bit wavey hair ....
I always had short hair when I was a little girl, because my mother thought it was easier to handle

julliams
October 9th, 2009, 05:21 AM
I think I liked my own hair when I was very little as everyone always commented on it (strawberry blonde and dead straight). I went through a phase as a teen wanting brown hair but only because I wanted that look that henna gives you when you have brown hair.

Now I'm just happy with my own Strawberry blonde hair. I've never had to dye it and the greys seem to hide well .

Rosetta
October 9th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Hmm, as far as I remember, my dream hair was black or dark brown, very long hair, preferably with curls...
As I myself had blonde, straight hair, so of course I wanted about exactly the opposite :p Nowadays I love straight hair though.

Boudicca
October 9th, 2009, 04:17 PM
I wanted hair like She-Ra (but in red). :D

Amara
October 9th, 2009, 04:37 PM
I cannot remember wanting anything hair-related. I think I was too busy with other things!

Anywhere
October 9th, 2009, 04:50 PM
I've always wanted straight long black hair. Or curly would be okay too.

dark hair is beautiful, the way it shines so much in the light... :D

Liave Ekeli
October 9th, 2009, 06:38 PM
I've been pretty pleased with my relatively dark hair color, but I've always wanted curls. My fantasy is the soft corkscrew-type...and my actual hair is stick straight without so much as a wave.

Sighridh
October 9th, 2009, 06:48 PM
I loved tailbone to classic length straight shining hair. Lived in a household with a woman who had dark hair like that when I was very young. I had blonde wavy hair and my mother had red very curly hair, never really wanted the curls but loved all the long straight hair I saw back then.

Now have naturally medium/dark brown with red highlights under my henna with lots of curl if I encourage it. I'm not sure why I never pursued my long hair dreams when I was young...

Willheit
October 9th, 2009, 07:17 PM
I always wanted dragging curly blonde or light brown hair. How I always imagined Rapunzel would look!

MadHatter
October 9th, 2009, 07:45 PM
When I was a kid, this (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JzeIUcA2Wpo/SNMyYEHgmlI/AAAAAAAAABY/6ypItq38F_Q/s320/dracula5.jpg) was my dream hair (the redhead).

Arriens
October 14th, 2009, 04:11 AM
And here is another person who didn't thougd about hair as a kid.

Climbing trees and getting dirty was so much more fun.

turtlelover
October 14th, 2009, 05:07 PM
My dream hair was dark brown, thick, straight, and shiny w/ blunt cut ends...preferably waist to butt length.

Arctic
October 14th, 2009, 05:44 PM
I don't recall having anything special hair I would have dreamed about... Snowwhite's black hair might have been something I wanted, but it was mostly the colour. Little later I would have loved to have red hair.

My own was very fine, silky, straight, light brown and thin, usually about shoulder length. I don't recall wanting long hair or thicker hair, or waves/curls.

talecon
October 14th, 2009, 05:52 PM
my dream hair was hollywood hair barbies hair. it was my favorite doll :P

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3468/3853459436_e4a1591cf7.jpg

ScrimHazard
October 25th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Ariel, all the way. I worshipped Ariel's hair. Haha!
http://www.avatarsdb.com/avatars/Ariel_Hair.gif

**Credit: ttp://www.avatarsdb.com

clairenewcastle
October 25th, 2009, 12:26 AM
For a long time as a child I wanted long fair, curly hair. As a teenager I wanted long, red curly hair.
Now I just want long hair - colour and texture aren't important anymore.

Bene
October 25th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Until about age 7 or 8, I just wanted long hair. Back then, I had baby hair. Like newborn infant hair. It was fine, my ponytail diameter was about the size of a dime. Everyone made fun of me, so I thought if I had longer hair, that it would somehow make it alright. It never occurred to me to want thicker hair.

And then my hair texture changed. It started getting thicker, curly and frizzy, and my mom didn't know what to do with it. Everyone stopped making fun of me being bald and focused in on how messy my hair was. So, I started wanting the hair that I had before it changed.

Kiraela
October 25th, 2009, 01:27 AM
I always wanted really long, curly, coppery red hair! The kind of stereotypical 'irish maiden' hair you always read about in stories, you know? Something like Sam-I-am's hair, actually.

ilovelonghair
October 25th, 2009, 01:40 AM
I had straight blonde hair as a kid and I wanted black wavy hair. I always thoughtit would get very dark once I was grown up, but it didn't get darker than dark blonde. Now I'm a henna head. (in the past I had it dark and wavy, but that was dark brown from a bottle :D)

Yozhik
October 25th, 2009, 02:30 AM
When I was younger, my hair was substantially straighter and darker, which is ironic, because when it lightened and became wavy, I wanted that straight hair back! I was pretty decisive of how I wanted it to look when I was in 1st grade, and I cut it into a pixie and then suffered through the agonies of growing it out for the rest of elementary school . . .
Unrealistically, my dream for a long time was to have auburn hair (which would look horrible with my skin color!).
Now all I want is for the tips I'm getting on LHC to give me the healthiest, prettiest, longest hair I can get! :)

Shar2
October 25th, 2009, 02:40 AM
I always wanted Disney princess hair because it was long and super thick, especially Pocahontas. And I still want long, thick hair so I guess things haven't changed.

Alexannee10
October 25th, 2009, 04:47 AM
When I was young, I told my mother I wanted to have floor lenght hair. And I think I've scared her, I always had short hair! But I will .. :pray:

winter_star
October 25th, 2009, 05:01 AM
My dream hair was and still is hip length, super straight at the top then tapers into big loose curls at the bottom

vdhendrix
October 25th, 2009, 05:07 AM
i always wanted very long (no particular length) straight silky glossy black hair.

Pachamama
October 25th, 2009, 05:38 AM
This was my dream hair. And still is...

http://a31.idata.over-blog.com/556x556/0/27/74/82/chanteurs-2/vanessa-paradis.jpg

Lunimara
October 25th, 2009, 06:48 AM
I've always wanted long and curly or wavy hair, and I still do. My own hair is stick straight and I hate it.

verene
October 25th, 2009, 04:31 PM
My dream hair as a kid was tail-bone length and blonde. My hair is no longer the bright blond it was when I was a child, but I'm finally reaching for that dream of TB length hair.