PDA

View Full Version : I need some hair inspiration

natorade
September 27th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I am so tired of running into people that I haven't seen in a couple of months just to have them stare at my hair and say "your hair is so short" as they give me this look of digust. Like I don't know this :(...I swear I feel so unattractive right now. I have lost almost all of my confidence because of my hair. I want so much for it to be back the length it was in my avatar. I just don't know how I am going to continue feeling this down about my hair till it grows back in the next few months. I get teary eyed almost everyday about my hair. I know it's just hair but to me it is what makes me feel pretty and feminine.

nyemelis
September 27th, 2009, 01:52 PM
First off, that's a really rude reaction. You shouldn't feel sad--well, you should feel sad that people have poor manners! I understand if it's your friends and stuff...but well...they shouldn't be commenting on something you have no control over.

Second, if they are reacting like that in the first place, assume that they really liked your hair before! That it was a nice color, texture, etc. Think about how great your virgin shiny beautiful hair will be again, when it grows back. :)

Good luck!!

Samara Morgan
September 27th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Second, if they are reacting like that in the first place, assume that they really liked your hair before! That it was a nice color, texture, etc. Think about how great your virgin shiny beautiful hair will be again, when it grows back. :)

Good luck!!

Exactly! :grin: Already you are your own hair inspiration. Just look at other members' signatures and avatars to see what you hair could become soon :) Your hair will grow in no time :flower:

hmmruka
September 27th, 2009, 02:03 PM
I went through that my senior year of high school when I went through a mad at the world stage and cut my hair into a pixie all by myself. People were so rude and said I had a lesbian hair style and blah blah blah. But I have to say that I think you would actually pull it off very well and I think you look much better than you may know. You have such a pretty face which is the first thing people notice I am sure! Not to mention its a bold statement for women to have short hair like that and some people just don't like it on any woman! But your hair will grow and before you know it, it will be as long as you want it. I grew mine out to my shoulders in only one year and I had many hair cuts and styles during that year.

kam984420
September 27th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Just ignore your hair and DONT CUT IT. It WILL GROW. Give it a year. It takes time. Before you know it, your hair will be long again.:cool:

Rivanariko
September 27th, 2009, 02:31 PM
First off, you are very pretty! And I'm sure that your hair looks lovely in a pixie. Enjoy the lightness and freedom that your head has at this length while you're looking forward to it being long again. :)

Is there something else that you can do to pamper yourself and make you feel a little more feminine? Maybe wear some pretty earrings that you can show off at a shorter length that you can't see as well when your hair is chin-length.
Personally, painting my toenails makes me feel really pretty and girly, which is not something I feel very often since I work out in the dirt every day! I paint my fingernails too, but they don't last very long against the elements. My toenails, though, last forever and every time I take my socks off I can giggle and say "I have pretty toes!" :)

Toadstool
September 27th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Sorry to hear people you know are so rude. Could you try pretty clips or a headband to make you feel more feminine? Or some earrings or a necklace?

ponyboy
September 27th, 2009, 02:49 PM
When people make comments like that, it's they who have the problem; not you. You're a very attractive young lady, and if you want it to, your hair will grow back. To these people: shrug your shoulders, smile slightly, and say, "I really like it this way", turn and walk away.

WelshLocks
September 27th, 2009, 02:52 PM
I looked through your album and your hair won't take that long to get back to your length(before the bob).Enjoy the fact that you are getting to start anew and figure out what is good for your hair and what is bad.Buy some hair toys(even if they are just clips and bows)Don't let people tell you you aren't pretty because of your hair,that's bull. Be confident that when your hair gets back to a longer length that it is even healthier and more beautiful than it was before.

Happy growing!

natorade
September 27th, 2009, 03:07 PM
I want to thank everyone for the kind words. I do get so frustrated with the length of my hair, and I just have to keep reminding myself that it is just temporary and it will grow. I wear a headband every day now to keep it out of my face. I refuse to trim it right now, so it has no shape or style, so that gets frustrating, but I will get through this awkward stage. What seems like a life time right now will soon pass before I know it.;)

misstwist
September 27th, 2009, 03:07 PM
I am so tired of running into people that I haven't seen in a couple of months just to have them stare at my hair and say "your hair is so short" as they give me this look of digust. Like I don't know this :(...I swear I feel so unattractive right now. I have lost almost all of my confidence because of my hair. I want so much for it to be back the length it was in my avatar. I just don't know how I am going to continue feeling this down about my hair till it grows back in the next few months. I get teary eyed almost everyday about my hair. I know it's just hair but to me it is what makes me feel pretty and feminine.

Are you sure it's disgust? It may just be surprise. I can see that you really don't like your hair right now and you may be projecting that dislike onto others who comment about the change.

That said, I can also see that you know how to wear make-up and earrings to accentuate your femininity. Just put the slap on, arrange your hair so it's presentable and forget about it.

Find something else to concentrate on. Take up a new hobby, learn a new skill, concentrate on school or work--anything to take your mind off of your hair.

It will grow, but it will take time. Give yourself that time.

Eniratak
September 27th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Don't worry about what other people think. It all depends on how YOU like your hair. Don't let rude people bring down your self confidence.

By the way, I think you are rather pretty and could pull off both long and short hair fairly well.

Carolyn
September 27th, 2009, 03:13 PM
I imagine they really liked your longer hair and thought you looked very pretty with it long. It's rather rude to say such things but perhaps they are shocked at the change? People often blurt out the first thing that comes to mind. For now, try to make the most of the length you have. Make it as girly as possible. Wear make up and jewelry and don't go around in androgynous clothing.

missfortune9335
September 27th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Rude! I think you carry off your short hair cut very well, and besides your hair will grow in time just think of all the fun different styles you'll get to try as it grows :flower:

jojo
September 27th, 2009, 04:19 PM
You sound just like I was when I had mine cut, but look at the positives, once its grown out they will be speechless with jelousy!

Hang in there and enjoy all the new stages which are coming your way, you will be long again only this time your hair will bounce with pride at being treated so kindly. xx

Kris Dove
September 27th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Is there something else that you can do to pamper yourself and make you feel a little more feminine?
Good idea... I done this too when I had very short hair, by having my labret pierced and wearing more makeup than I used to, especially bright lipstick on my lips.

As soon as my hair grew long enough to tie into "pony stubs"- I tied them in bunches at both sides, with a large flower worn on one side, a very feminine look to get through that annoying in-between stage.

juliaxena
September 27th, 2009, 11:56 PM
It seem we have practically the same lenght. I cut my hair last week and some poeple's reactions were great some not so great. We can be growing buddies if you like.

prittykitty
September 28th, 2009, 01:35 AM
I get tired of people asking me if I cut my hair every time I wear it curly (I still use a straightener) and I get so tired of explaining myself. The last time someone asked me if I cut my hair I just said "No, did you? Yours looks so different and shorter in a few places too." That seemed to shut her up fast.

By the way, the bob haircut in the picture of you in the car makes you look young. I wouldn't let what others say get you down.

natorade
September 28th, 2009, 11:29 PM
It seem we have practically the same lenght. I cut my hair last week and some poeple's reactions were great some not so great. We can be growing buddies if you like.
I would love to be growing buddies with you. Thanks

natorade
September 28th, 2009, 11:31 PM
I get tired of people asking me if I cut my hair every time I wear it curly (I still use a straightener) and I get so tired of explaining myself. The last time someone asked me if I cut my hair I just said "No, did you? Yours looks so different and shorter in a few places too." That seemed to shut her up fast.

By the way, the bob haircut in the picture of you in the car makes you look young. I wouldn't let what others say get you down.

I loved my bob but becuase of damage i had to go shorter almost pixie and the color of my hair is still a bad color. it is not the blonde it use to be. More of an orange cast to it. Thank you for the kind words.

juliaxena
September 28th, 2009, 11:44 PM
I would love to be growing buddies with you. Thanks

Great :). Although I'm not realy sure about your lenght now, is it chin? It doesn't matter anyway. I always wanted a growing buddy :).