PDA

View Full Version : Here's to hoping I stay logged in

ItalianFlower
April 18th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Basic rundown: I'm eighteen, almost nineteen, and I'm trying out long hair for the very first time. My hair has been curly and thick all my life and I had no idea how to deal with it (I even used Pantene Pro-V) so every summer I cut it to my chin and didn't deal with it. Last year, however, I went with my grandmother to this mideval show in Las Vegas, and she bought me this princess veil that was oh-so-cute, but when I put it on, the fabric was about three feet longer than my hair. I decided right then that I would have long hair. :) So, now I'm trying how to learn how to deal with it and what to do with it! Two problems I've noticed: my hair splits very easily, and it also is about half the thickness of what I started with and I don't know why. I take a shower and lose A LOT of hair. A LOT. Anyone else have this problem?

spidermom
April 19th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Hello, welcome! I was lucky enough to spend 2 weeks in Italy a couple of years ago. My DD lived in Gaeta for more than a year.

I go through cycles when I shed a lot but not lately. Make sure you are eating a balanced diet, drinking plenty of water, getting exercise, and getting enough sleep. As long as you take care of your health as a whole, your hair will be fine.

The most important thing for growing long hair is patience. In the distant past, I've grown my hair from a short hair cut for a year or two, then cut it because I was mad that it wasn't long yet. This is a project that takes years. I've been growing mine (with trims) for 7 years now.

Have fun on the site. Read articles. If you have any questions or concerns about your hair, ask in the mane forum. You will get help and encouragement.

ItalianFlower
April 19th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Italy is amazing, isn't it? :)

And I've totally come to grips with the years part of this project. I'm enjoying it because right now when I take a shower I can reach my hand behind my back and touch my hair. It's very exciting. Heck, I'm still amused by putting my hair into a ponytail! I've been looking online at all the crazy braids and stuff; it's just very exciting for me.

Plus, I have a cousin that has the absolutly most beautiful hair. She's been growing it since she was born literally, and her mom is a hair freak so it's always been taken care of (and she's athletic and never gone hungry or anything like that) and it's just fantastic. She's my inspiration. :)

Oh, and thank you! ^_^

Teacherbear
April 19th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Welcome Italian Flower. Right now I don't have a lot of hair advice, but want to suggest you click "remember me" when you log in. That out to keep you logged when when new pages load.

I hope you enjoy LHC. I think it is THE BEST site on the internet!