PDA

View Full Version : Long hair tee shirt slogans?

Kiraela
April 18th, 2008, 10:00 PM
I am have been playing around with the idea of screen printing some tee shirts with long hair type sayings, illustrations, etc on them, and I was just wondering, does anybody have any thoughts on the subject? I'm just looking for ideas, and trying get your opinions on some of my own... What do you think of some of these?

"Rapunzel Is My Role Model" (with a stick figure with hair twice her own length)

"scissors free zone" (with a sort of red circle and line 'no' sign, over a pair of scissors...)

" I'm more than just a life support system for hair "

Nat242
April 18th, 2008, 10:06 PM
How about a t-shirt for when you wear your hair down?

On the front it says, "The slogan on the back of this shirt is hilarious!" or "I love long hair! See back of shirt for more information"

That is all. :p :cheese:

-- Natalie

Cinnamon Hair
April 18th, 2008, 10:12 PM
I like the idea but unfortunately it has never taken flight
See this thread: long hair t-shirts (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2634)

birdiefu
April 18th, 2008, 10:15 PM
My favorite idea (forgot who said this) was a shirt with print on the back at whatever length you wanted to put it that said, "If you can read this, my hair isn't long enough.".

Kiraela
April 18th, 2008, 10:21 PM
What do you mean, it's never taken flight? Did nobody buy them, or were they simply not produced?

Cinnamon Hair
April 18th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Not produced for whatever reason. If someone put nice ones up at cafepress buyers would not be a problem.

Kiraela
April 18th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Actually, I was thinking of making my BF print them with his (shiny new) press and putting them up on Etsy. He built the dang thing, and is now at a loss for things to print, so I figured I'd give him something to do (and get some awesome shirts out of it, LOL).

CurlyOne
April 18th, 2008, 10:58 PM
:D I really like it but I don't think I would wear "scissors free zone" to me that is just inviting some sarcastic jerk to do something horrible. :( I like the long hair themes but I am a little suspicious of people I don't know so I think I would have to say no to that one. Otherwise they're great!:flower:

Xanthippe
April 18th, 2008, 10:59 PM
My favorite idea (forgot who said this) was a shirt with print on the back at whatever length you wanted to put it that said, "If you can read this, my hair isn't long enough.".

That would be awesome! I would wear a shirt that had that. :D

Kiraela
April 18th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Hmm.... I think I'm going to make one of those then ;) ;) What color shirt do you think that would look best on?

BTW, I'm not trying to advertise or anything, just get ideas. If any mods think I'm stepping over the line, please let me know.

meichigo
April 18th, 2008, 11:15 PM
If you want any illustrations and you don't think this idea is too randy, I would love to draw some kind of variation on a Lady Godiva type figure... The historical personage, that is! Anyway, some kind of pin-up girl with extremely long hair, possibly being used to preserve her modesty.

Cinnamon Hair
April 18th, 2008, 11:42 PM
I would love to draw some kind of variation on a Lady Godiva type figure... The historical personage, that is! Anyway, some kind of pin-up girl with extremely long hair, possibly being used to preserve her modesty.

Have you considered doing your own version and selling it (possibly on CafePress (http://cafepress.com)?). The more options the better as far as I'm concerned. Plus, CafePress doesn't charge anything to open a store and sell items.

sibylla
April 19th, 2008, 11:25 AM
SOME LIKE IT LONG

Loviatar
April 19th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Black shirts. I swear I'm only wearing black til they find something a little darker. :)

I have to second the creepifying factor on the 'scissors-free zone' shirt, though.

I'm trying to come up with a hair related version of those FRANKIE SAYS RELAX t shirts. After all you can relax your hair :D

Or something like those Henry Holland ones 'You're not the Boss, Kate Moss'. Maybe LHC inspired ones would be fun.

Like:
'Nice Self Trim, Koala Kim'
'Love the Hair, Ole Gray Mare'
'Inspire the Men, DavidN'

Hehe.

Saoirse
April 19th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Like:
'Nice Self Trim, Koala Kim'
'Love the Hair, Ole Gray Mare'
'Inspire the Men, DavidN'

Hehe.

Hahah! That would be fantastic. I was trying to come up with something similar!

For those not familiar, Henry Holland is a young London designer famous for his rhyming fashion t-shirts:

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2417/7334430420copyja0.jpg

AmandaPanda
April 19th, 2008, 12:00 PM
The back of the t-shirt could have an image of a long braid for when you wear your hair up

"go long!"

Patrycja
April 19th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I love the one about DavidN!

Kiraela
April 19th, 2008, 02:53 PM
those are all cute! I'm only able to print in single color (and white on black is nearly impossible with water based ink, we've found... *sigh*). I do have some snazzy silver ink though, LOL.
The BF is more interested in printing ones with words than pictures, but I think some simple line art would be awesome. I'm going to go start drawing. *evil grin* he can't deny them if they're right there, right?

Loviatar
April 19th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Oooh silver ink on black shirts sounds fiiiine :)

You could draw Rapunzel shouting down to the Prince "Don't you dare climb it, your boots give me split ends!"

Or the Prince sliding back down, saying "Whoa... I didnt know this was Coconut Oiling Night!"

Xanthippe
April 19th, 2008, 03:11 PM
I like the rhyming ones too! You could also have Order of the Longhaired Knights insignias too.

I think I might make myself a skirt that has "if you can read this, my hair is too short" on the hem, since my hair already covers up the logos on the back of my t-shirts. :lol:

Of course the shirt should be a contrasting color to the hair of the wearer so that it is ideal for back-of-the-head shots for posting on LHC!

Kiraela
April 19th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Hee! I like that first one, Lovi! As soon as I find m'darn sketchbook, I'm going to start working on that.

Xanthippe: how about bright blue for that one? I would say red, but there are plenty of henna heads here so that's out!

AJoifulNoise
April 19th, 2008, 03:24 PM
You could draw Rapunzel shouting down to the Prince "Don't you dare climb it, your boots give me split ends!"

Or the Prince sliding back down, saying "Whoa... I didnt know this was Coconut Oiling Night!"

:lol: Those are wonderful!

walkinglady
April 19th, 2008, 03:29 PM
I want the one that says....

If you can read this my hair isn't long enough.

khyricat
April 19th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I have a cafepress store, I'll gladly put some together and put them up if its not jumping into someone else's idea- I already did a custom shirt for countess DeJaeger... and have lots of glider shirts up or in progress....

I'd been debating this anyway...

I'll check back in a few days- its finals week, so no time to do designs and upload them anyway

angelthadiva
April 19th, 2008, 04:42 PM
You might want to offer custom shirts too...I have a few ideas, but I'm going to keep them to myself for the time being ;)

Kiraela
April 19th, 2008, 04:49 PM
As soon as I get my emulsion in, I'm going to burn a screen for the 'if you can read this' shirt :)

I think mine will be at the hem of the shirt, LOL. I've got to figure out how to do it so that it's whatver the person's goal length is, though... maybe custom shirts for each person?

doodlesmart
April 19th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Perhaps we need shorts or pants which say "If you can read this my hair is too short" across the bum :p for those going for classic.

khyricat
April 19th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Rofl.. what a cute idea... I don't want to steal ideas.. thats why I haven't done anything, but if people want a custom shirt or are ok with having their custom shirt available after, I'd be happy to do either.. just not going to promise to do ANYTHING until semester is over since this week is a zoo... one more exam and a major project that still needs some editing and rewriting to finish, then off to Atlanta.. but I can design while DH drives and upload from my folks or work some while there... I get up before they all do anyway!

meichigo
April 19th, 2008, 06:52 PM
I think I might make myself a skirt that has "if you can read this, my hair is too short" on the hem, since my hair already covers up the logos on the back of my t-shirts. :lol:

I was thinking of the same problem, since a lot of us have goals and/or hair that is well past the length of the average t-shirt.

capelli lunghi
April 19th, 2008, 07:11 PM
I was thinking of the same problem, since a lot of us have goals and/or hair that is well past the length of the average t-shirt.
Then make skirts! LOL

Nat242
April 19th, 2008, 07:20 PM
I like the rhyming ones too! You could also have Order of the Longhaired Knights insignias too.

Of course the shirt should be a contrasting color to the hair of the wearer so that it is ideal for back-of-the-head shots for posting on LHC!

Yes! I'd absolutely love a shirt with some sort of Order of the Long-Haired Knights logo or coat of arms or something. I'd wear that!

-- Natalie

Kiraela
April 19th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Does our most noble order already have a logo?

capelli lunghi
April 19th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I still think it would be awesome to DONATE the graphics to LHC and have Steph put them up on the LHC Cafepress store.. that way we would get to have awesome shirts AND help out LHC at the same time.. If people are going to be creating their own stores to sell shirt to the LHC masses.. you could run into problems... Just thinking out loud..

khyricat
April 19th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I had thought this before, but cafepress charges a fee if there is more than one image.. if there was a single LHC image, I'd even set it up- thats what we did with the Glider Initiative logo and the logos of some other non profit glider groups... then gave the secretaries of the org's all the access to the $$ that comes from it automatically... works well...

Amie

Kiraela
April 19th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Actually: I was planning on donating some of the money from my long hair themed shirts to LHC anyway.

meichigo
April 19th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Then make skirts! LOL

Well, since the topic was about shirts, that's why I thought it was a slight problem. Also, I think it's a lot less charming if it's printed on your butt, and doesn't really work very well visually (design-wise) if it's printed across the back of one's legs... In terms of design, the only way I really see it "working" on a skirt is if it's on the hem. Which'd be especially great if it was on an ankle/floor length skirt.

paulap20
April 19th, 2008, 09:19 PM
:) since I'm only nearing BSL I love the idea of anything on the back of a shirt because even if I wear my hair up I'd be willing to let it down to prove a point of where ever the logo is :)

Kiraela
April 19th, 2008, 09:21 PM
I agree... and I'm not sure I'd want a skirt with words on the hem, but then, I'm weird about that.

capelli lunghi
April 19th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Yeah.. that was pretty much just a joke to get a laugh.. :shrug:

Xanthippe
April 20th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Yeah.. that was pretty much just a joke to get a laugh.. :shrug:

I, on the other hand, was being serious. :lol:

khyricat
April 20th, 2008, 06:12 AM
And I'd be glad to share a percentage with Stephanie if they go on my site- thats basically all i make off of them anyway...

Xanthippe
April 22nd, 2008, 02:10 AM
I was reading another thread and I had another idea. What about a t-shirt that says something about cheese? :cheese:

When I have more time after my finals I'll try to come up with some designs. If I get any good ones, I'll gladly donate them for LHC use.

Melisande
April 22nd, 2008, 03:52 AM
I'd love to have tees with the name of the updo I'm just wearing and a little upwards arrow, maybe even a short instruction.

Cinnabun with ficcare

Gibson tuck with flexi 8

French twist

Or some information about the hair that sounds cryptic to non-LHCers:

Reformed cone head

What you see is the result of CWC

Treat your hair like antique lace

I banned my brush

BBB rules

or your hair type.

I know, this is probably too individual, you would have to make a special t-shirt for every member every day of the week.

But you asked for ideas... and I would love to have a bunch of such t-shirts.

khyricat
April 22nd, 2008, 05:43 AM
I may just go for it on my own and play around and create some stuff.. trying NOT to directly use these slogans... we'll see.. if DH finds the power inverter and does most of the driving, I have 20 hours in a car coming up over the next 2 weeks...

Amie

Anje
April 22nd, 2008, 07:15 AM
Oh, I like the idea of ones with hairtypes emblazoned on them. Totally cryptic! (But yes, lots of printing involved!)

This isn't originally my idea, but how about T-shirts with back logos at a normal height, saying something like, "If you can read this, I'm wearing my hair up!"

Pegasus Marsters
April 22nd, 2008, 07:25 AM
Hey I've got one (Please don't make this seem self centred, but it made me laugh a little!)

"I married Pegasus Marsters and all I got was this lousy T-shirt!"

:face:

Beldaran
April 22nd, 2008, 08:03 AM
You may want to check with Steph or another mod, I know the old LHC did have a cafe press store with "LHC" shirts available. Just to make sure no lines are crossed or toes are stepped on and all of that.

magicatt
April 22nd, 2008, 08:12 AM
Just to throw out another option, Zazzle (www.zazzle.com) is like Cafe Press except that they encourage you to put up more than one image. You can also personalize the product with your own words (thus making it possible to put your own long hair knight name on a long hair knight crest shirt or your own hair type on a shirt.) Additionally, they let you choose long sleeve t-shirts, short sleeve t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc, in a lot of colors--including black. I've bought a lot of shirts through them and they are actually quite good quality. What would have to be done is someone would need to create and upload a bunch of long hair or LHC designs and then the rest of us could go and create our shirts.

meichigo
April 23rd, 2008, 07:37 PM
Just to throw out another option, Zazzle (www.zazzle.com (http://www.zazzle.com)) is like Cafe Press except that they encourage you to put up more than one image. You can also personalize the product with your own words (thus making it possible to put your own long hair knight name on a long hair knight crest shirt or your own hair type on a shirt.) Additionally, they let you choose long sleeve t-shirts, short sleeve t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc, in a lot of colors--including black. I've bought a lot of shirts through them and they are actually quite good quality. What would have to be done is someone would need to create and upload a bunch of long hair or LHC designs and then the rest of us could go and create our shirts.

I rather like that idea.

Feisty Redhead
April 23rd, 2008, 07:48 PM
I'm not creative enough to come up with suggestions of my own. But I really like the idea of one with "If you can read this my hair is too short" across the hem, and something pertaining to the Long Haired Knights as well. And having our hair types would be pretty cool too. And a great way to know for sure you've spotted another LHC member when you're out and about, perhaps. :D

Alun
April 23rd, 2008, 08:24 PM
How about a t-shirt for when you wear your hair down?

On the front it says, "The slogan on the back of this shirt is hilarious!" or "I love long hair! See back of shirt for more information"

That is all. :p :cheese:

-- Natalie

Those are my favourites, although of course they only work for those of us whose hair is loose most of the time, or at least, we could leave the back of the shirt blank!

Patrycja
April 23rd, 2008, 09:02 PM
Hey I've got one (Please don't make this seem self centred, but it made me laugh a little!)

"I married Pegasus Marsters and all I got was this lousy T-shirt!"

:face:

LOL

I thought it was funny even though I'm not one of your wifes :)

Michiru
April 23rd, 2008, 09:03 PM
How about "My hair gets TLC from the LHC"

Cinnamon Hair
May 8th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Any results?

VikingJarl
May 9th, 2008, 08:19 AM
I'd definately be up for a combination of Long Haired Knights and If You Can Read This My Hair Isn't Long Enough...

Has to be black though!

nomadhome
May 9th, 2008, 08:45 AM
I like the Lady Godiva pin-up girl idea or the one with Rapunzel complaining about splits.

TammySue
May 9th, 2008, 09:03 AM

I like the Rapunzel one too, but how about adding a line which the Prince says (standing on his own super long hair) "Tell me about it!"

(that way the shirt covers both the gals and guys). Just a thought.

naturechild
May 9th, 2008, 09:18 AM
I would love a "Order of the Longhaired Knights" shirt!

lora410
May 9th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I love the idea and would buy one in a heart beat however this one" I'm more than just a life support system for hair "sounds like something a short hair would say :lol:

Jaime
May 9th, 2008, 09:46 AM
About a year and a half ago, the MLHH (http://www.mlhh.org) asked for original hair quotes that might/could be used on t-shirts. here are some of the more amusing ones (remember - these tend to relate to men's longhair)

"You're going to be mistaken for a woman. Get used to it."

"I'm the mane attraction!"

" NO! I DON'T HAVE POT! "

"It's not a bald spot, it's a solar panel for a sex-machine!"

"Live long and prosper."

"Long hair is my tribute to time."

"He who dies with the most hair wins"

"You know what they say about guys with long hair.."

"I'm on a campaign to culture my keratin" (this was a DavidN contribution!)

"So you think I need a haircut. OK, which one should I cut?"

"You should have seen me BEFORE I got my hair cut!"

"Get a haircut? But I just got one 2 years ago! "

8) Jim

naturechild
May 9th, 2008, 10:20 AM
how about

"grow it organic"

with a bottle and a circle with an /

Paniscus
May 9th, 2008, 12:28 PM
SOME LIKE IT LONG

:spitting:

This is cute. I love when you make people wonder.... "what exactly is she trying to say here...." Too funny.

sibylla
May 9th, 2008, 01:04 PM
I know!!!!!!

Thank you for noticing Paniscus!!!

vindo
May 9th, 2008, 01:38 PM
I bought a long plain dress for 5 dollars and drew my goal length (in black and white) on it below my buttocks. On the front it says "I am missing something in the back there" and on the back it says "3 Inches!":D

Kiraela
May 9th, 2008, 03:55 PM
That's cute, Emichee!

We're in the midst of trying to find a good white water-based ink that will actually go opaque over black shirts (which is apparently impossible!) because switching to plastisol ink would cost way more than we've got.

hurricane_gia
May 31st, 2008, 02:38 PM

I want the one that says....

If you can read this my hair isn't long enough.

I like the idea of Rapunzel in her tower on the front of the shirt, and the "not long enough" written on the back of the shirt, as low as possible.

But, I only wear ladies' fitted tees, for whoever makes the CafePress store first.

I am remember the "Hair" song, where is says, "Oh say can you see, my eyes if you can, then my hair's too short!"

hippiechick1976
May 31st, 2008, 03:26 PM
How bout" You know your a long hair when you buy a shirt like this"

Saranne772
May 31st, 2008, 03:38 PM
I love it :D I cant really afford one though!! Well then again I guess by the time this is set up I should be able to! Yay

I love the rapunzel one.

Oh and whoever makes them, please make some availiable in nonfitted tees too!

Velvettt
June 1st, 2008, 08:12 AM
I'd love to see one with hair length measurements on it.

APL
------------------
BSL
---------------
MIDBACK
----------------
WAIST
---------------
HIP
--------------
you get the idea. We can all get one for our hair measurement pics.:D:D

Yes, I do know those measures won't hit the right places on lots of people. You can push or pull it into place for a pic.

Oh, and, FYI -- I don't wear high necked tshirts. Gotta be a V or a scoop. I gots me a short, fat neck. :o

Speedbump
June 1st, 2008, 08:43 AM
Not produced for whatever reason. If someone put nice ones up at cafepress buyers would not be a problem.
There are some nice ones there already. Just do a search for long hair (http://www.cafepress.com/buy/long+hair/-/source_searchBox/x_0/y_0) and you get quite a few likely hits. :D

FrayedFire
November 29th, 2019, 10:30 AM
What about a godiva like silhouette in the posture of throwing away scissors with a line that says "go long" ?

I think the length markers would look cool, but I would need a floor length dress for that!

I like the idea of a shirt with a line on the hem that says "if you can read this, my hair is up" or just one that says "my hair isn't long enough"

"Some like it long" made me laugh!

A shirt with an arrow pointing up that just says TLC from the LHC maybe?

I also liked "long hair is my tribute to time" and "you think I need a haircut? ok, which hair should I cut?" "I'm the mane attraction" is pretty funny too.

HaMalka
November 29th, 2019, 12:31 PM
What about a godiva like silhouette in the posture of throwing away scissors with a line that says "go long" ?

I think the length markers would look cool, but I would need a floor length dress for that!

I like the idea of a shirt with a line on the hem that says "if you can read this, my hair is up" or just one that says "my hair isn't long enough"

"Some like it long" made me laugh!

A shirt with an arrow pointing up that just says TLC from the LHC maybe?

I also liked "long hair is my tribute to time" and "you think I need a haircut? ok, which hair should I cut?" "I'm the mane attraction" is pretty funny too.

I would need the dress to have a train.

Elizabeth E
December 1st, 2019, 01:01 AM
Awesome ideas! What about 'Keep calm and grow your hair'? I think that's a pretty apt one.

It wasn't my idea - I found a pic of a guy with floor length hair wearing such a shirt: https://www.flickr.com/photos/25697729@N08/12175342076/