PDA

View Full Version : Dust in my hair

SandyStar
September 26th, 2009, 04:38 PM
I tried doing some S&D on my hair today. I would think I had found a split end, but then when I examine it closely I find it is just a tiny fibre of dust. I also see these white dots in my hair, but then when I touch them, I find out it is dust or some other debris that I can slide out of my hair easily. So far I haven't found any split ends or damage, but I am finding a lot of dusty fibres and maybe some dandruff or something.

Does this mean I need to wash my hair better? I try not to scrub my length. Would getting a BBB help brush the dust and debris out of my hair?

Copasetic
September 26th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Do you oil your hair? Oiling can attract dust to your hair.

ambychelle
September 26th, 2009, 05:27 PM
My hair is lighter than yours so dust and fibers don't show up as much but I did notice that when I used my brand new mason pearson brush with boar birstles, it has a LOT of fibers, cat hairs, etc.. in it after just a few light brushings. I guess I never really noticed on my older brushes but since this one was so clean and new and I'm concerned with keeping it cleaner than I would a $8 drug store brush, I was kind of shocked to see how much.. well.. gunk came from my clean hair. For the record, I wash every other day and I've been indoors most of the time.

I bet a BBB would help sweep some of that away if you aren't opposed to brushing.

SandyStar
September 26th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Yes, I just started oiling my hair. That makes a lot of sense. I think the oil is attracting dust. I wash my hair two times a week but I am still finding dust in it.

I'm going to find a BBB brush! I don't usually brush my hair at all. I find my hair is relatively tangle free except when it is wet.

ktani
September 26th, 2009, 05:41 PM
I tried doing some S&D on my hair today. I would think I had found a split end, but then when I examine it closely I find it is just a tiny fibre of dust. I also see these white dots in my hair, but then when I touch them, I find out it is dust or some other debris that I can slide out of my hair easily. So far I haven't found any split ends or damage, but I am finding a lot of dusty fibres and maybe some dandruff or something.

Does this mean I need to wash my hair better? I try not to scrub my length. Would getting a BBB help brush the dust and debris out of my hair?

It is not from not washing your hair well in my opinion. I get that too. A lot of it can come from towels and clothing. I just have to look at the lint filters in both my washing machine and dryer to understand where it can come from, lol.

bigevilgrape
September 26th, 2009, 08:27 PM
My hair gets extra linty in the winter when I'm using flannel sheets. I don't notice it until I brush/comb it and see all the fuzz that comes out.