PDA

View Full Version : Cost of pro braiding?

Jessie
September 26th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Hey, I was thinking of going to a Ren festival just for the fun of getting my hair braided by someone else who knows how to take care of long hair. How much does a pro braid job cost? I've tried searching the net and have come up with nothing. Also, are there any long hair salons in Ohio that you would recommend? Thanks!!:)

pilateschick7
September 26th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Enchantress in Olmsted Falls OH is a GM/Madora salon. I have read good things about them but I have not made the trip yet. My DH just does not understand that I need/want to drive that far for a trim.:)

I have been very curious about the cost of pro braiding. Hopefully someone will chime in.

Quixii
September 26th, 2009, 01:17 PM
I don't know anything about pro braiding, but I know that I've always wanted to get my hair wrapped and it was always two dollars an inch. (In other words, I haven't gotten it wrapped. Sorry, not going to pay 60+ dollars for that.. Sigh.)

jocosema
September 26th, 2009, 01:51 PM
I just went to a Ren Fest and it cost me thirty dollars for a five strand braid in a circle. They charged five dollars extra because of the length.

Little_Bird
September 26th, 2009, 04:01 PM
I found a site some days ago that showed braids and had the prices... it went from 20 to 65 dollars. I can braid those styles and I had no idea I could be making that kind of money :eek: If only there was a ren festival nearby :(

To me it looks like an expensive range, but the ones in the festivals always look so very professional and neat, I think it's worth it :p I would love to have my hair braided that way too :)

cindy58
September 27th, 2009, 11:34 AM
I think the one in my avatar (there's another view in one of my albums) at the MI Ren Fest last year was about $24. First time I did that, it was fun.

Jessie
September 29th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Thanks! I guess since I've been trimming my own hair for the past several years I've earned a pro braid, just for fun. :-D Don't know when it will happen, but I'm looking forward to it!

squiggyflop
September 30th, 2009, 08:36 AM
when i was at the ren faire in ct the cheapest apeared to be about 30$

slz
September 30th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Sorry to sound dumb, but what does "ren festival" mean ?

Bunnyhare
September 30th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Sorry to sound dumb, but what does "ren festival" mean ?
It is not dumb! It is short for renaissance festival! they ahve all kinds of medieval entertainement, product vendors,food and lots of great costumes!

heatherdazy
October 1st, 2009, 11:19 AM
Most salons I've worked at charge by time, usually $1/min, so a little girl getting two french braids before her soccer game would have been $3-4, but something elaborate would have been pricier, with cornrows probably being the most expensive as they can sometimes take a few hours on long or thick hair.

For me, a simple braid would count as the complementary 'style' after a service such as a trim or deep conditioning treatment, and I do have a small handful of clients who always leave with a damp braid instead of a blowout.

Angela_Rose
October 1st, 2009, 11:25 AM
I’ve paid between $20us and $60us for different professional braids at Faire. If you look at my eleven-strand braid from Pennsic (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=33486), that was a $60 braid, but I have almost four feet of very thick hair. I know a lot of braiders who will upcharge a little for extreme length or thickness, and generally more strands = more money.