PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn Mister Bottle

Nat242
April 18th, 2008, 08:33 PM
My mister bottle is broken...the lever won't squeeze for some reason. It's just a well cleaned, household-cleaner spray bottle that I gave new life to as a hair-mister.

Is there anyway to fix it or do I have to toss it in the recycling bin? I hate throwing things out!

--Natalie

Sillage
April 18th, 2008, 08:45 PM
TOSS IT!

Btw speaking of mister bottles, does anyone use an old fashioned atomizer to mist? I'd like to get one because it would nice on my dresser. I'm just worried that the spray won't be fine enough. Currently I'm using an aluminum bottle sprayer with an ultra fine mist. It's spoiled me and I don't want to use anything that will squirt out droplets :P

suicides_eve
April 20th, 2008, 03:17 PM
i am currently using a rinsed out leave in conditioner bottle it sprays a really light mist i love! i think it was from something i got at the Family Dollar back in the day..

Vela
April 20th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Umm....Not to sound insulting or anything, but did you turn the nozzle? (I've thought mine was broke before...I just forgot to turn the nozzle!)
And if that isn't the case, I'd say its time for a new mister.

Loviatar
April 20th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Check a few things: turning the nozzle, running the nozzle under hot water, wiggling the lever. I all these faill throw it and get a new one.

I use an amber Winchester 200ml bottle from Baldwins.co.uk herbal online store.

I never thought of using a proper atomiser, what a lovely idea Sillage!

Ms Monnie
April 20th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I use an amber Winchester 200ml bottle from Baldwins.co.uk herbal online store.
My Baldwin's misters have always sucked! Maybe they've improved the design?

I'm using a plant spritzing bottle to mist at the moment and I find if it isn't always fairly full it will just be pathetic an give up. So I never finish a whole bottle of mist, it's find of like soda bread in that there's always a tiny amount of the original concoction.

Also, some ingredients can sort of gunk up the system.

Let us know if something works. :)

AquaViolet1973
April 20th, 2008, 05:26 PM
I only put water in my mister. I use it to wet my hair on the days I don't wash it. In the morning after combing my dry hair with a hair pick, I then get my hair wet with the mister and scrunch my curls. I just got a new mister and it is wonderful compared to the one I was using. It works so much better. The old one is getting thrown away.

k_hepburn
April 20th, 2008, 06:15 PM
When I read the title of your thread I thought you were complaining about a person (or maybe a product) called "Mr. Bottle" ... D'uh!!!

:spitting::spitting::spitting:

katharine

Anje
April 20th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Hmmm... Did you put oils into it? Any oil that doesn't stay completely liquid over the range of temperatures you use the bottle in is likely to clog it. So in my house, coconut oil is definitely out, especially in winter. If that's the problem you can try to warm it and spray hot water through once it's very warm -- no guarantees, but it might work.

Nat242
April 25th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone! There is no oil in my mister...I think it's just broken. I'll have to pick up a new one.

Thanks anyway! :flower:

-- Natalie

P.S. Yes, I turned the nozzle ;)