PDA

View Full Version : Wow.. I never do anything that nice for him...

ambychelle
September 25th, 2009, 02:31 PM
The week before last I was telling my husband that I was looking into getting a nice brush and we had a quick conversation about what a "top of the line" brush is. I mentioned that the mason pearson brushes are really spendy but have a great reputation and made some joke about how I guess I'd survive this life without a $120 brush.

Anyway, I've been in tears almost daily about my shedding hair and he's been as supportive as any husband can be in that situation but I guess he wanted something to make me feel special.

Today he got a package at the door and presented to me a mason pearson brush! I never looked into them enough to know which one I might want but he chose what I likely would have. It has nylon and boar bristles. (the nylon are SO good for itchy scalp). He also got an all nylon bristle brush that is suppose to be good if you detangle wet hair.

Anyway, I'm so touched that I'm in tears and I needed to share. He's not the most romantic guy around, but when he is, he really makes it count.

Amber

Carolyn
September 25th, 2009, 02:38 PM
You have a real sweetie pie! I just wanted to tell you I have that brush and love it. I hope you will too.

linda g
September 25th, 2009, 02:40 PM
That was so sweet :) You got yourself a good guy.

halo_tightens
September 25th, 2009, 02:42 PM
That is SO sweet-- I'd be in tears, too! I almost am, actually, just from reading it, lol.

I don't care so much about the "traditionally romantic" things such as anniversaries, Valentine's Day, etc. To me it means so much more when we can do little things for each other just like what you've described. That shows a lot more love and thoughtfulness to me! He cares enough to know what's important to you.

clairenewcastle
September 25th, 2009, 02:43 PM
What a lovely guy! He's obviously very thoughtful and most importantly - he listens to you.
Enjoy the brush!

Nyghtingale
September 25th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Oh, how sweet and thoughtful.

Unofficial_Rose
September 25th, 2009, 02:48 PM
What a lovely man!

Cherry_Sprinkle
September 25th, 2009, 03:00 PM
That's wonderful!!! It's great to hear of a husband being not only supportive but that actually listens and cares about your hair. :flower:

little_acorn
September 25th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Thats wonderful - what a sweet guy :flower:

Isa-belle
September 25th, 2009, 03:03 PM
That is so sweet and really speak volumes about the special way your husband cares about you.
Enjoy your brushes - and I do hope the shedding subsides really soon :flower:

bigevilgrape
September 25th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Its so nice when our boys listen and show that they care about us.

Islandgrrl
September 25th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Aw....what a sweet thing for him to do for you!

LaurenH
September 25th, 2009, 03:32 PM
awww what a sweet DH you have!! :)

longhairedfairy
September 25th, 2009, 04:44 PM
That's just... Aaaww!

RancheroTheBee
September 25th, 2009, 04:49 PM
D: Oh, my goodness. That is so adorable. My insides just melted from the cute.

embee
September 25th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Very nice! He sounds like a "keeper" to me! :)

I hope your shedding stops soon. It is frightening, for sure.

Tresses
September 25th, 2009, 07:36 PM
That is one attentive man! :inlove:

SurprisingWoman
September 25th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Awwww, what a sweetie.

My DH and I don't buy birthday, anniversary, Christmas, Valentines cards OR presents. We live a pretty good life every day and buying because some commercial enterprise says we should doesn't fit well with us.

We DO surprise each other at times when we know what the other would like but wouldn't buy for themselves.

I will take a heartfelt, because it was something they knew I would love, done every five years than five "because I had to" presents, every year, anytime.

You have a keeper there!

camirra555
September 25th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Awww! That's really sweet of him to do that. Enjoy the brush!

Stephichan
September 25th, 2009, 08:17 PM
That's so cute! He sounds like a great guy! I hope the shedding will soon pass.

IStand4u
September 25th, 2009, 08:23 PM
That is the kind of guy so many females can only wish they will wind up with, luckily you have found one :D
Maybe I will find one too, you gave me hope :)

I'm sorry to hear about the shedding and I REALLY hope it stops soon, it must be so frightening... :-( I hope it passes very soon, and enjoy the brush!

herbgurl82
September 25th, 2009, 08:23 PM
I don't care so much about the "traditionally romantic" things such as anniversaries, Valentine's Day, etc. To me it means so much more when we can do little things for each other just like what you've described. That shows a lot more love and thoughtfulness to me! He cares enough to know what's important to you.

I am in agreement with the above! Doing little things for each other rather then going all out on "traditionally romantic" things touches the heart so much more.
What a sweetie!

curlytiff27
September 25th, 2009, 08:52 PM
The week before last I was telling my husband that I was looking into getting a nice brush and we had a quick conversation about what a "top of the line" brush is. I mentioned that the mason pearson brushes are really spendy but have a great reputation and made some joke about how I guess I'd survive this life without a $120 brush.

Anyway, I've been in tears almost daily about my shedding hair and he's been as supportive as any husband can be in that situation but I guess he wanted something to make me feel special.

Today he got a package at the door and presented to me a mason pearson brush! I never looked into them enough to know which one I might want but he chose what I likely would have. It has nylon and boar bristles. (the nylon are SO good for itchy scalp). He also got an all nylon bristle brush that is suppose to be good if you detangle wet hair.

Anyway, I'm so touched that I'm in tears and I needed to share. He's not the most romantic guy around, but when he is, he really makes it count.

Amber

Awwweee! Amber this is so sweet! I swear I am in tears too after reading this! He sounds so sweet like my hubby. I too have been in tears alot lately about my hair (not too mention my emotions are high right now due to ya know! lol) And my hubby has been patiently right here with me, promising me that I am not going bald. He said if I were we would be at the doctors to see what was wrong whether I like it or not! lol Aren't we lucky to have such great guys? :D Hope you love your new brush!

TammySue
September 25th, 2009, 09:30 PM
How sweet! You've got a real gem there! :)

AnnaMarie
September 25th, 2009, 09:56 PM
:crush: Aww what a honey

friskybiznus
September 25th, 2009, 10:18 PM
What a cool guy!

Dars
September 25th, 2009, 10:32 PM
That is SUCH a nice story! I feel all happy reading stuff like that :D Last night my boyfriend genuinely complimented my two braids (he has never seen me in braids).

adiapalic
September 25th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Aw, that is so sweet. :) I'm so happy for you. :flower:

marikamt
September 25th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Awwweee! Amber this is so sweet! I swear I am in tears too after reading this! He sounds so sweet like my hubby. I too have been in tears alot lately about my hair (not too mention my emotions are high right now due to ya know! lol) And my hubby has been patiently right here with me, promising me that I am not going bald. He said if I were we would be at the doctors to see what was wrong whether I like it or not! lol Aren't we lucky to have such great guys? :D Hope you love your new brush!

haha! Not to hijack, but every once in a while (okay, every 28 days) I get really emotional and weepy over stupid stuff... Dh looks at me like I am nuts then goes... "wait, what day is it? Never mind... I luv ya sweetie... whatever you want.... "
:p

Sister13
September 25th, 2009, 11:48 PM
He sounds like a wonderful, caring person. Be good to each other. I hope to find one like him. ;-)