PDA

View Full Version : Four years, two months, three days—and a foot shorter

snowbear
September 24th, 2009, 08:49 PM
This is my long overdue four-year anniversary post. I haven’t done one since 2006, so this will be extra photo-filled to compensate. (Dial-up users, now would be the time to press your escape button.)

I've been a part of this community for so long, I've probably said all that can be said numerous times, so I'll be brief: This community is a fantastic internet anomaly. Our members are kind, knowledgeable, and our staff is superb. It's an honor to be a member here.

On to the pictures!

I cut my hair to 19” on Nov 22, 2004:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3374&pictureid=42886

I joined LHC on July 21st 2005, but didn't begin posting until August 22nd:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3374&pictureid=42887

I then went to (Supercuts?) and got my hair trimmed to APL:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3374&pictureid=42888

Then I grew to BSL in 2006:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3374&pictureid=42891

And from BSL went to waist in 2007:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3374&pictureid=42894

And from waist went to hip in 2008:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=83&pictureid=10033

And from hip went to tailbone in 2009:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3374&pictureid=42896

And from tailbone went to almost classic in 2009:
http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss236/snowbearLHC/before.png http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=83&pictureid=45034

And then, having decided that 42" of 5" iii hair was too much for me to deal with, hating my limited options, and wanting a change, I went from inches away from classic to bottom of BSL on Sept. 23rd, 2009 (this one is clickable):
http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss236/snowbearLHC/th_IMG_1603.jpg (http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss236/snowbearLHC/IMG_1603.jpg)

I'm now just above 30" with almost 4" of heavily layered iii hair. I'm ecstatic.

So, there you have it folks. My hair is now layered with bangs, and shorter than it was in 2007. I'm not planning on growing it back out--if anything I may go shorter--but I'm not planning on going anywhere, either.

OhioLisa
September 24th, 2009, 08:52 PM
You have gorgeous hair. Congrats on your anniversary, as well as finding the best length for you. :flowers:

Shiva
September 24th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Beeeeeautiful!

kmangus
September 24th, 2009, 08:55 PM
You have AMAZING hair! I want my hair to look like yours when i reach BSL! -hugs- Happy Anniversary!!! :)

kam984420
September 24th, 2009, 08:56 PM
As long as you're happy with it, thats what matters. I definitely WOULDNT go shorter. If i were you. i would leave it waist length and maintain it.

lindaton
September 24th, 2009, 08:56 PM
It looks beautiful. Glad youre happy with youre decision.

Shermie Girl
September 24th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Happy Anniversary! :D

You have beautiful hair. So shiny and thick.

SandyStar
September 24th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Your hair is amazing! It's so thick and shiny!

DragonLady
September 24th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Awesome hair!!!

Rain
September 24th, 2009, 09:36 PM
She really was ecstatic. I was there. She squealed! It was adorable. :)

snowbear
September 24th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Thank you all for your kind words! :grin:

She really was ecstatic. I was there. She squealed! It was adorable. :)
I'm sure I also hit notes only dogs can hear. The entire drive home I was still squealing...the other drivers must have thought I was nuts.
Thanks again for coming!

little_acorn
September 24th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Looks gorgeous - congrats on your anniversary

maskedrose
September 24th, 2009, 10:21 PM
It really does look FANTASTIC. I'm glad that you're so happy with it - squealing all the way home is definitely happy :)

HeatherMae
September 24th, 2009, 11:16 PM
I really enjoyed your Post O' Pictures!! How fun!! Your hair grows extremely fast! I think it is so very beautiful!! I love your new cut! Did you have it lightened some? It looks AMAZING!!!! :)

julya
September 25th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Your new length looks lovely! Congrats on your anniversary and finding the length that's right for you!

Lamb
September 25th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary! :flowers: YOur hair is beautiful, what a journey!

Redheaded Raven
September 25th, 2009, 04:36 AM
Happy Anniversary! :D, I am so happy you found the length that's right for you! :cheese:

freckles
September 25th, 2009, 04:45 AM
Your hair is gorgeous and the layering really suits you! :)

Chrissy
September 25th, 2009, 04:51 AM
I think it's a great idea to grow really long like you did. Then you can find out if it's the right length for you. You did a great job finding your ideal length. Your hair looks really healthy. Congrats on 4 yrs of beautiful hair.

Amara
September 25th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Oooh your hair is so lovely! Congratulations on your long growth journey and finding a length that you love!

BlueWaterRed
September 25th, 2009, 04:57 AM
At all of your lengths, your photos are an inspiration to a shortie like me. Thanks and congrats on four years. Your new cut is beautiful.

Taika
September 25th, 2009, 05:14 AM
So beautiful!!!!!

Samara Morgan
September 25th, 2009, 05:16 AM
Aww snowbear, your hair looks lovely at any length :agree: And you're one of the friendliest LHC members around :cloud9:

embee
September 25th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Ah, snowbear, you have hair I can only dream of! Thanks for the tour, it is cool to see the changes. Glad you found "your length". The hair is lovely! :)

Tap Dancer
September 25th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Your hair looks better than ever right now! I really mean it. :inlove:

Carolyn
September 25th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Congrats on your LHC anniversary! Your hair looks fantastic and I'm glad your thrilled with it.

rags
September 25th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary! Your hair was beautiful at every length, and is gorgeous with the layers!

smilinjenn71
September 25th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Very nice re-cap of your journey! I'm glad you have found what length seems to work for you because isn't that really what it's all about?!?!?! Thank you for sharing!

cindy58
September 25th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Your hair looks beautiful!

DarkChocolate
September 25th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Beautiful hair:) You had some impressive growth too:)

DavidN
September 25th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Congratulations, Snowbear, on having been here for well over 4 years!:cheer:

Thank you for sharing your hair history with your fellow LHC members. Your latest trim went very well, and you are blessed with thick, shiny, and healthy hair, with outstanding colour!

halo_tightens
September 25th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Your hair looks great at ALL of those lengths, but I'm happy that you've found a style that makes you happy enough to squeal! :D

Medievalmaniac
September 25th, 2009, 08:31 AM
congratulations on your LHC anniversary, and your hair is beautiful. :o)

free_hug
September 25th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Beautiful hair, good for you - and what an amazing journey you had :)

MsBubbles
September 25th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Nice progression! Thanks for laying it all out so clearly. Looks like a year per milestone (APL - BSL - WAIST - HIP etc). But then you do have lovely thick hair. It looks lovely whether APL or TB.

friskybiznus
September 25th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Wow, fabulous hair and progression! I am encouraged and inspired! Thanks for sharing and squealing! :)

lapushka
September 25th, 2009, 09:37 AM
I love the layered look!

patience
September 25th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Happy Anniversary!
Absolutely beautiful... at any length.

Bellona
September 25th, 2009, 09:45 AM
You have beautiful hair in all your pictures. I REALLY like the new cut though. It looks so good :)

NiAosSi
September 25th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Beautiful! I love the cut!

Wind Dragon
September 25th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Your squeal is infectious. And I didn't even hear it. :lol:

It does look good, glad you're happy with it! :thumbsup:

Elfe
September 25th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Your hair looks so beautiful and shiny! :D
I love it :crush:
And I hope you enjoy your new cut :p

snowbear
September 25th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Thank you all so so much! :grin:

I'm still absolutely in love with it. It's so much less hair that actually I look forward to styling it now.

I have not had my hair lightened--it just can't decide what color it is. :lol: Some pictures it looks reddish, in some it looks blonde, and in some it looks brunette. During the summer it gets much lighter, but this summer I stayed out of the sun so much that it didn't get noticeably lighter.

As for the length, I probably cut about 5" a year, average, throughout the whole growing process. My hair grows quickly, so while I hit one milestone a year, I probably could have been at knee had I not cut since I joined.

I'm thrilled that I can be growing inspiration for some of you. :cloud9:

Garnet66
September 25th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Congrats on your four year anniversary. I love your hair. It's so shiny. Congrats on finding a length that works for you. I'm so happy that you're so happy.

Amoretti
September 25th, 2009, 12:12 PM
It looks amazing, Snowbear! Congrats on your anniversary. :flowers: It's been a pleasure getting to know you all these years. :)

Kiraela
September 25th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Congrats on your anniversary, Snowbear!! Your hair is beautiful at all lengths!

Keenkitty
September 25th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Snowbear your hair looks so pretty and shiney! Did they do anything special like a blowout or is that just how it dried?

Its so soft looking!

KJ

PseudoScot
September 25th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Great progress, it looks so great! Very pretty. Congrats!

PaleDale
September 25th, 2009, 07:11 PM
[quote=snowbear;781962]This is my long overdue four-year anniversary post. I haven’t done one since 2006, so this will be extra photo-filled to compensate. (Dial-up users, now would be the time to press your escape button.)

I've been a part of this community for so long, I've probably said all that can be said numerous times, so I'll be brief: This community is a fantastic internet anomaly. Our members are kind, knowledgeable, and our staff is superb. It's an honor to be a member here.

This is a cool post. Nice pics, I especially like your "And from waist went to hip in 2008:" pic, I wish my hair looked that nice :(

jasper
September 25th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Fun pictures! Thanks for sharing! I think your hair looks great at every length.

girlcat36
September 25th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Your new cut is really beautiful!

Starr
September 25th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Just beautiful!

kimberlily
September 26th, 2009, 09:42 AM
It looks awesome, Snowbear :D I layered my hair last week too, and I love my hair again :D

~GypsyCurls~
September 26th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Wow, your hair looks so healthy and that is such a nice cut! It's totally understandable about a long length not being practical for you- my goal technically is classic but I want to be able to wear it down for the majority of the time without it bothering me-no point in having long hair if you don't enjoy it :)

littlemiss
September 27th, 2009, 02:18 AM
what a great journey your hair has been on thanks for sharing !!
you hair is beautiful!

Sissy
September 27th, 2009, 10:11 AM
your hair looks lovely, at all lengths. Happy 4 year anny :)

MOrab46019
September 27th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Glad that you found your right lenght. Thank you for the time line and pics.

Jessikinz
September 27th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Your hair looks really good with the layers and very healthy. It's all about finding the length that you're happy with and you can enjoy it too at the same time. Glad you found the right length for you, I'm sure you are going to have fun with it. :)

ponyboy
September 27th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Congratulations on finding your ideal length! After 4 years of taking care of what Crystal Gayle once referred to as another child, and achieving classic length; it must have been a little traumatic to make the big cut. The main thing is you're happy with the new length, and it really does look great!

JamieLeigh
September 30th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Your hair is so lovely!! I will be honest, I liked it better longer, but if you're happy then that's what's important. I can understand longer, thick hair might be a bit much to handle. It's still very very pretty, and I love the color! :flower:

JCFantasy23
October 2nd, 2009, 07:32 PM
Gorgeous, I think that's an ideal length for you. I wouldn't go shorter but that's up to you, I think you look wonderful this way (and the others as well) I wouldnt want past waist either for myself, too much upkeep and my hair just isn't thick enough to pull it off without looking anemic. With the length you have now you can do a lot of updos while still wearing it down a lot to where it's lovely and easy to care for. Glad you are happy with your cut!

JCFantasy23
October 2nd, 2009, 07:36 PM
I have not had my hair lightened--it just can't decide what color it is. :lol: Some pictures it looks reddish, in some it looks blonde, and in some it looks brunette. During the summer it gets much lighter, but this summer I stayed out of the sun so much that it didn't get noticeably lighter.

I often joke I have chameleon hair, seriously. I dyed it to my natural color about four years ago. I swear off and on for the first year sometimes my dark brown seemed to be lightening itself back to blonde, people kept asking me if I lightened it. Other weeks it would look my normal color. Yet other weeks people would ask me if I darkened it, as sometimes it just darkens by mood. It's odd but kind of cool.

And yes, agree with everyone else when I saw beautiful color. Perhaps your hair is just giving off a sunny color because you and it are happy. A cheesy way of looking at it, I know, but we all have our cheesy moments. :poot:

adiapalic
October 2nd, 2009, 08:48 PM
So you've been "There and back again" :) I think you've undergone a great hair-journey and made discoveries to let you be true to yourself. Bravo snowbear! Your hair is as beautiful as ever :flower:

Barbie Diamond
October 3rd, 2009, 03:11 AM
You have about the most beautiful hair I have ever seen. I wish mine was like that.

RavennaNight
October 3rd, 2009, 06:34 AM
Happy Anniversary! Wow 5" thickness!? :shocked: Your new cut looks lovely!