PDA

View Full Version : Camryn Manheim

Neoma
April 18th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Is anyone else a fan of Camryn Manheim? She has always fascinated me. She is a long-haired actress who doesn't fit the typical mold, size-wise.

I was just watching The Ghost Whisperer, and she's one of the stars.

snowflakegirl
April 18th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I am a big fan of Camryn Manheim too! Her attitude towards size acceptance, her strength of character and the fact that she is "outside the mold" in a size-obsessed Hollywood is so refreshing. I admire her very much!

anna1850
April 18th, 2008, 07:44 PM
I used to watch The Practice and thought she was really good in that. I also liked her in Happiness.

I think the whole 10 (or so) earrings in one ear and only one in the other is a bit crazy though!

DecafJane
April 18th, 2008, 08:25 PM
She seems to be a very strong woman who is proud of who she is and doesn't need to fit into that stupid mould that they try to force actresses into. She also has gorgeous hair. :)

Neoma
April 18th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I am a big fan of Camryn Manheim too! Her attitude towards size acceptance, her strength of character and the fact that she is "outside the mold" in a size-obsessed Hollywood is so refreshing. I admire her very much!Yay! I'm not alone. :D

I used to watch The Practice and thought she was really good in that. I also liked her in Happiness.

I think the whole 10 (or so) earrings in one ear and only one in the other is a bit crazy though!Yes! The Practice! I couldn't remember the name of that series.

I understand that multiple piercings are a matter of personal taste. But I dare say that there aren't a whole lot of actors who have multiple (visible) piercings. Yet another thing that sets her apart from the Hollywood crowd. :flower:

cuddledumplin
April 18th, 2008, 09:05 PM
I like her confidence and feisty personality most of all, but she's also a talented actress. She's also got nice long hair.

ColoradoDreamer
April 18th, 2008, 09:51 PM
She is a favorite of mine.

justgreen
April 18th, 2008, 09:55 PM
I've always liked her. I really like watching her now on Ghost Whisperer.

HeavenlyTresses
April 18th, 2008, 10:24 PM
The first thing I noticed about her was her hair, not the typical Hollywood hairstyle. I love the fact that she stands out and isn't ruled by appearances.

Stevy
April 19th, 2008, 02:26 AM
I think Camryn Manheim is great! I first saw her in The Tenth Kingdom which was a series about a modern-day take on fairy tales - she was Snow White, and I couldn't believe they had a plus-sized woman playing 'the fairest of them all', it made me go round smiling for days. :)

AutumnLeaves
April 19th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Something about her reminds me of MuggleMomOf3...something in her looks, not her size. Anyway, I saw her in a guest spot in some show (she was a seer or something like thatJ)...I think it was Will & Grace...I thought she was great! She also adopted a little boy as a single mom. Hard work but much respect for any mom who has that much love in her heart that she's willing to go it alone!

anna1850
April 19th, 2008, 06:26 AM
I think Camryn Manheim is great! I first saw her in The Tenth Kingdom which was a series about a modern-day take on fairy tales - she was Snow White, and I couldn't believe they had a plus-sized woman playing 'the fairest of them all', it made me go round smiling for days. :)

Ooh, I remember that show but I didn't realise she was in it (I watched it before I started watching The Practice), I really liked it. Particularly the Wolf - he was very funny :)

I think it's good to see normal sized women on TV. I wish it would happen a bit more.

florenonite
April 19th, 2008, 06:35 AM
I've never heard of her, so I IMDBed her and I agree with the above comments that she clearly doesn't feel the need to conform to stereotypes and looks how she wants to.

Loviatar
April 19th, 2008, 08:32 AM
AutumnLeaves, she is very like Mugglemom in her eyes and her smile! I am going to have to buy her memoir, I think. She has lovely hair, too. And I love the pose she does on her book cover. :)

Arianwen
April 19th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I dig her hair.

Neoma
April 19th, 2008, 02:14 PM
I've always liked her. I really like watching her now on Ghost Whisperer.Hehe...Somehow I had you pegged for a Ghost Whisperer fan, Justy! :flower:

The first thing I noticed about her was her hair, not the typical Hollywood hairstyle. I love the fact that she stands out and isn't ruled by appearances.Me, too, HeavenlyTresses. First I noticed her beautiful hair. Then I noticed, OMG, she's not a mere wisp of a woman like most Hollywood actors. Yay!

Oh, somehow I missed that series. How cool is that? A plus-sized Snow White!

Something about her reminds me of MuggleMomOf3...something in her looks, not her size. Anyway, I saw her in a guest spot in some show (she was a seer or something like thatJ)...I think it was Will & Grace...I thought she was great! She also adopted a little boy as a single mom. Hard work but much respect for any mom who has that much love in her heart that she's willing to go it alone!I know nothing about her personal life, but somehow I'm not surprised. There is a kindness about her eyes.

zelah
April 19th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I have grown to love her! I never paid much attention to her when she was on The Practice, but after I saw her in more comedic roles and Ghost Whisperer I realized how amazing she was!

heidihug
April 21st, 2008, 08:35 AM
I first saw her in The Tenth Kingdom

We liked that miniseries so much that we bought it. There are some really cool hairstyles in it - I recommend it! I like CM, too, she seems to thumb her nose at Hollywood's cookie-cutter requirements.

mugglemomof3
April 23rd, 2008, 03:00 PM
Oh AutumnLeaves! I'm honored to "resemble" Camryn in any way - I've always admired her "This is Me - Like it or not - I personally think I'm amazing" attitude.

Here's a youtube clip of her - I love her jacket in the clip from the show. !!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K7keJpU5k3w&feature=related

I wish Camryn would put out a line of clothes. *sigh*