PDA

View Full Version : Help Interpreting Pictures/Explanation

longgone
September 24th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Can anyone give me a better explanation of the half up step in this one (the first twist before the bobby pin)... I'm not familiar with what she is doing and can't figure it out from the pictures...

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=87

Shorty89
September 24th, 2009, 06:20 PM
I've never done this before but I think she is making a ponytail with a little bit of hair, twisting it a bit and making it poof at the front (kind of like a quiff I think) and then putting a bobby pin in it. I'm not sure if that's right though.

longgone
September 24th, 2009, 06:30 PM
I've never done this before but I think she is making a ponytail with a little bit of hair, twisting it a bit and making it poof at the front (kind of like a quiff I think) and then putting a bobby pin in it. I'm not sure if that's right though.

What I don't understand is what she (and you) mean by "twisting it"...

Carolyn
September 24th, 2009, 06:48 PM
It's kind of the same twisting you would do to make a french twist, just a different direction and place on the the head.

longgone
September 24th, 2009, 07:46 PM
So instead of twisting counter-clockwise, I take the small pony and twist it clockwise? But that still leaves me with the long part of the hair going up.... Or do i twist it under?

CindyLea1
September 24th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Just hold the hair like in a half up ponytail, and twist it. Leave the length going down, at all times. Do not flip it up, just rotate.

Then just push the whole thing a titch forward (toward your forehead) to make a bit of a bump in the front.

Hope this helps.

Carolyn
September 24th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Oh dear, I think I confused you even more. Grab the hair as if to do a half up, twist it, and leave the tail hanging down. It's not going to matter if it's clockwise or counter clockwise. Do you know how to make a quiff? I make a quiff the same way I'd do this.

MsBubbles
September 24th, 2009, 10:07 PM
I'm glad you asked, longgone! Can anybody explain how the bobby pin is inserted after the ponytail twist part? That's where I came undone :). It all fell flat when I tried it. It's probably either me, or my hair :p.