PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Hairstyle?

Rosalind
September 24th, 2009, 05:57 PM
So, I searched, and didn't find a thread for this. And I'm surprised!

My favorite hairstyle may be this one:

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt289/Rosalind_hair/IMG_2248.jpg

That picture was taken after my hair had been up for almost 11 hours, and it was still holding strong. (I know elastics are taboo to some, but with two hair ties and about 4 or 5 bobby pins, this bun is NOT going anywhere.)

Plus, it's really easy and simple, yet dressy.

And when you take it down you get a whole other hairstyle!

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt289/Rosalind_hair/IMG_2249.jpg

GlassEyes
September 24th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Braided buns, at the moment. can't seem to do a proper rope-braid yet though. ):

I wonder what a braided herringbone bun would look like? Maybe I'll try that after I get rope braiding down--my braiding skills in general are rather wonky. xD

Bianca
September 24th, 2009, 06:01 PM
I love messy buns. Or any side updo :D

krissykins
September 24th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Chinese bun. So simple and people compliment me on it all the time.

ravenreed
September 24th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Double buns.

AJoifulNoise
September 24th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Cinnabun, hands down. It's my most-everyday style. Twist, pile, insert sticks. Done.

yellowchariot
September 24th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Now that is very awesome! I've been meaning to learn that spiral rope ponytail, I could see it as being a functional outdoor style for me. :thumbsup:

little_acorn
September 24th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Gotta be the lazy wrap bun :D

Peter
September 24th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Now that is very awesome! I've been meaning to learn that spiral rope ponytail, I could see it as being a functional outdoor style for me. :thumbsup:
Man you've always got the coolest names for things. Mohawk braid, spiral ponytail... awesome. :cool:

And to reply to the thread, I would have to say down is my favorite... if that doesn't count as an actual "style" then a plain old English braid.

yellowchariot
September 24th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Man you've always got the coolest names for things. Mohawk braid, spiral ponytail... awesome. :cool:

^ It comes from my own ignorance at explaining things! :D

I'd say my favorite is just a simple ponytail, for everyday run-around stuff. Other than that, it just depends on what I'm doing that calls for whatever favorite hairstyle I'll need :confused:

missfortune9335
September 24th, 2009, 07:03 PM
right now, I'm loving the gibson tuck!

GlennaGirl
September 24th, 2009, 07:04 PM
My go-to style, and fallback-on-a-bad-hair-day style, is a very very slightly pouffed half-up. (The back can be anything; down, pony, bun.)

It's definitely not 80s pouffed. It's not silly-pouffed. But because my hair has such a skinned-onto-my-head look (very very flat on top), pushing it juuuuust slllllllllightly ever-so-little-bit forward-before-clipping-it looks like "average" hair in an "average" half-up...so it's an illusion but it works so so well for me.

Along with this I usually wear some sort of bang parted in the middle.

kmangus
September 24th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I have to say that i personally LOVE the cinnabuns or rosebuns :) They give nice waves!

Shiva
September 24th, 2009, 07:34 PM
I'm loving herringbone braids lately.

I never really knew of them until I came here and I think they are the most beeeeautiful braid I have ever seen.

Tornerose
September 24th, 2009, 07:41 PM
I may be dense, but I have to ask:
Are we talking favourite to look at, or favourite to wear?

Because there are many nice to look at, wich I have no idea how to do on myself.... but I can imagine they're not nescessarily nice to wear. Some hairsyles gives headaches etc...

Rosalind
September 24th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Braided buns, at the moment. can't seem to do a proper rope-braid yet though. ):

I wonder what a braided herringbone bun would look like? Maybe I'll try that after I get rope braiding down--my braiding skills in general are rather wonky. xD

Ooh, I bet that would look cool if you did it right. I haven't mastered the herringbone braid, yet, though.

Zindell
September 25th, 2009, 01:21 AM
I like my hair all loose or in half-ups :)

Dementia1013
September 25th, 2009, 02:08 AM
Pinless bun. I've been curling my hair with Curlformers and wearing it down, but when the wind picks up or I have to get it out of my way, I just pull it up. No need to search for sticks or a ficcare (though I have plenty of both) when i'm in a jam I just pinless bun it and go about my way.

janeytilllie
September 25th, 2009, 02:25 AM
For me my faveourite hair style is the Cheaters Easy Hairstick Bun :)

Debra83
September 25th, 2009, 03:12 AM
I like it half up. Sometime the up part is braided or bunned or just a ponytail. Lately, I've just been doing it really easy with a hair claw to keep the up part up.

Ina
September 25th, 2009, 04:17 AM
I like to have a ponytail or have it loose

MerryKat
September 25th, 2009, 04:27 AM
I love the Figure of Eight Bun and the Flipped Cinnabun - both hold all day without pulling.

Amara
September 25th, 2009, 05:10 AM

Somebody did that. Somebody with really long, I think light brown hair. I remember seeing it in an album. I think she called it a snake bun. Anybody know who it is? So we can go have a look again? :D

Amara
September 25th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Favorite hairstyle is loose! Favorite updo - at the moment - is a flipped bun way up high on my head with the ends kinda pokin' out all crazy. :) It's been suiting me lately. Maybe because I've been GOING CRAZY TOO! :D

sissy304762
September 25th, 2009, 04:13 PM
i like four barrel rolls so simple yet elegant!

Elvi
September 25th, 2009, 06:44 PM
My favorite hairstyle keeps on changing. Currently I most often wear a twist-wrap bun that I do with the aid of a chopstick but then secure with small thin hairpins. I am looking forward to doing more complicated buns shown by the members here, as my hair grows longer.

Rosalind
September 25th, 2009, 09:59 PM
sissy304762, what is a barrel roll?

Elenna
September 25th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Figure 8, it is great for shorter hair and looks good with a Ficcare or fork.

Juanita
September 26th, 2009, 05:34 AM
Sock bun with long scarf wrapped around.

KarpatiiSiv
September 26th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Has to be a lazy wrap bun or half-up, easy and comfortable.:D

paintedmuse
September 26th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Hair down, definitely :)

ponyboy
September 27th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Like to wear it loose at home, but have it in a tail every place else. On other folks ... definitely loose is my fave.

mwedzi
September 27th, 2009, 06:43 PM
My favorite is a blown out twist out.

http://public.fotki.com/mwedzi/2009-july-december/twistout.html

Rosalind
September 28th, 2009, 10:10 AM
My favorite is a blown out twist out.

http://public.fotki.com/mwedzi/2009-july-december/twistout.html

Your hair is gorgeous.

Alexannee10
September 28th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Hum .. I love all kinds of braid. Side, half-up, I like braids loll.

rhosyn_du
September 28th, 2009, 10:48 AM
High double inside-out buns. They're comfortable, secure (even when I'm dancing for hours), cute, and don't get in the way when I'm spinning poi. They also give me awesome spiral waves when I take them down.

elianne
September 28th, 2009, 12:46 PM
I'd have to say either hair down :) or boxbraid rolled up into a bun. I dunno why but I just <i>love</i> the way braided buns look...

JamieLeigh
September 29th, 2009, 10:31 AM
This - a braided bun secured with a karma clip (by Vidal Sassoon - at Walmart):
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2615&pictureid=45958

LittleOrca
September 29th, 2009, 10:45 AM
So far I think my favorite style may be a hawser braid, but when it comes to buns... I am torn between figure 8, chinese, and I am sure my taste will change as I learn some more buns. :)

Naamah
September 29th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Infinity bun. Seems to be how I put my hair up most of the time. Either that or just a simple braid. I'm lazy. :P