PDA

View Full Version : Pentecostal

lembke
September 24th, 2009, 03:34 PM
How many people on here have uncut hair because that is what they believe? how many people on here are penticostal or apostolic?

misstwist
September 24th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Have you done a thread search on the word "Pentecostal"?

There are several threads on here about hair and religion. Here are a couple for you to look at.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=21079&highlight=pentecostal
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=31430&highlight=pentecostal
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=29656&highlight=pentecostal

GlassEyes
September 24th, 2009, 05:10 PM
There are quite a few members, last I checked, and if they aren't pentecoastal, there are still a few other denominations of christian on here that are growing for religious purposes, as well as other faiths for similar reasons. :o

sissy304762
September 25th, 2009, 04:19 PM
I'm apostolic! :D

Qamar
September 26th, 2009, 03:11 AM
Well I'm pagan, but I grow my hair long simply because I enjoy it, not because of religious reasons. There are a number of members here who ARE of faiths where they grow their hair long in adherence to religious beliefs. My feeling about it is that hair, like any other aspect of our appearance, is a personal choice, and as long as it makes you happy or gives you some sort of fulfillment, its all good--no matter what your reasons are for that choice.

Nicoliee
January 14th, 2011, 06:30 AM
I'm Apostolic Pentecostal (UPC).

Kat Girl
January 29th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I used to be Pentecostal / Apostolic, and during that time I did not cut my hair at all and it got really long. I did follow their beliefs regarding hair on women, and I did feel good about my long hair.

Eventually however I stopped being Pentecostal and I ended up cutting my hair shorter in order to remove my damaged hair.

Now I still don't consider myself Pentecostal, Apostolic, or any other religion persay (though I still follow Christ). However I still have some contact with Pentecostal people and I still have an attraction to the people and I still love long hair.

Currently I am still trying to grow out a very bad dye job that I ever should have gotten, so I am gradually cutting off the damaged hair and taking better care of my hair, but I'm also wanting to grow long natural hair again.

Anyway I still love Pentecostal / Apostolic people and I am still very interested in hearing from them as well as those who are not regarding this topic.

Kat Girl
January 29th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Also as Qamar mentioned there are people of different faiths also growing their hair for religious reasons. I am also interested in what they have to say as well.

enfys
January 29th, 2011, 02:42 PM
My hair isn't long for religious reasons, but that's not something my pocket of Christianity seems involved in (Elim Pentecostal; US equivalent is apparently Elim Fellowship).

Pumpkin3826
December 21st, 2016, 05:07 PM
I am not Pentecostal but I am growing my hair out for religious reasons! God gave women long hair for it to be their glory, and their covering and I want to try to live by that. I have nothing against women with shorter hair, my sister in fact has a pixie and has had short hair for as long as I can remember. This is just a conviction I felt drawn to as I got older and explored my own religion.

:)

ANoteToSelf
December 21st, 2016, 10:28 PM
I grew up Pentecostal, but now I go to a non-denominational church. I love my church, I just miss all the dancing/speaking in tongues etc. In not growing my hair out because of my faith, but I have known many Apostalic girls who cherish theirs.