PDA

View Full Version : I created a new bun!

Qamar
September 24th, 2009, 10:20 AM
At least I think its new.

I'm calling it the seven five bun since I used seven strands of hair to do a five strand braid for the foundation. Its a little messy after a long day at work, but what do you think?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1620&pictureid=51017

basketcase413
September 24th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Looks very interesting....any plans for instructions? :D:eyebrows:;) Bet you couldn't tell I LOVE braided buns! LOL

eadwine
September 24th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Instructions please! ;) It looks wonderful :)

Whimsical wind
September 25th, 2009, 02:42 AM
Very nice. :D I love your hairstick, too.

Redheaded Raven
September 25th, 2009, 03:39 AM
Yes Instructions please!,and it looks good :D

Qamar
September 25th, 2009, 10:35 AM
I started by pulling the front part of my hair up into a french braid. I french braided to about two inches past my crown and then clipped that section up. Then I separated the remaining hair that was down into three sections and took the two outermost sections and ade two strand rope braids out of them.

I now had the french braided section that was clipped up, two rope braids and a long loose section at the back of my head. I took the clipped section and regular braided down another two inches and then french braided to the nape of my neck. This made a free section of braided hair down the back of my head but then anchored the bottom to the scalp with the french section. I then did a five strand braid using the two rope braids as one "strand" each and the three strands from the french braid as the other three strands. Toward the bottom I had to revert back to regular three strand braid because I ran out of hair to keep doing the five strand. I secured the end with a clear silicone hairtie. Next, loop the braided section up beneath that free section of braided hair on the back of the head. Continue coiling it around until you run out of braid, then tuck the ends under and secure with a hairstick.

I hope this is clear. If not, I'll try and get photos as a tutorial.

Zéphine
September 25th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Gorgeous, Qamar! I love it.

Aquamarine
September 25th, 2009, 02:34 PM
It's so pretty!:blossom: