PDA

View Full Version : Getting wax build-up out of hair

earthdancer
September 24th, 2009, 09:08 AM
I searched the forum and couldn't find any posts on this subject, although I'm sure there must have been. But since I couldn't find any, I'm posting today. Problem: I started using shampoo bars instead of commercial shampoo a few months ago. For the most part, I like it, but I found that some of the bars have a lot of wax, even though wax wasn't listed in the ingredients. So, I gradually had a lot of wax build-up on my hair that suddenly became unmanageable! One day I couldn't figure out why my hair was suddenly so clumpy so I brushed it--big white flakes of wax came off into the bristles of my brush! I searched the internet for solutions, since vinegar didn't prevent it and clarifying didn't get rid of it. I mean, not at all!

In my internet search, I came across a reference to Goo-Gone as a sure-fire safe way to get dreadlock-wax out of hair. I didn't have any Goo-Gone, but I had some Gojo hand cleaner. I put it on my hair and left it for about 10 minutes, then shampooed with clarifying shampoo. It worked great! :magic:

Has anyone else had this wax-buildup problem, and what did you do to solve it?