PDA

View Full Version : kinky hairs!

Chamy
September 24th, 2009, 07:49 AM
I have discovered a lot of hairs with little kinks on them, it varies from one on a hairstrand to several kinks in a "row". I am getting frustrated, because it seems like they are reproducing :mad:.
So now i am wondering if this fenomenon is caused by damage, and if anyone else is dealing with it?

Chamy
September 24th, 2009, 08:16 AM
oh and i might add that im not doing anything damaging to my hair. No cones, no heat, almoust no combing, co-ing, always in hairfriendly updos. It seem so out of the blue.

Fairlight63
September 24th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Are you taking MSM or something new? I have heard that MSM can change the texture of your hair.
I am taking MSM & the shorter hairs by my ears seem to be changing testure, becoming more "frizzy" or something.

GoddesJourney
September 24th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I get these. I asked an extended friend about this who is a hair dresser. She says that it's damage that comes from being pulled and rubbed on. Usually it occurs within the crown area because it gets sun and weather, but also because that's the area that gets a lot of combing, brushing and people playing with their hair (and hairspray). Unfortunately that means that it occurs mostly in places that are visible. Anyway, that's what she told me. Makes sense.

Papillonnoir
September 24th, 2009, 11:29 AM
When I've snapped a shed to test it's strength, the hair stretches, then breaks. After it breaks, the stretched hair is very frazzled and kinky. Maybe yours are the same, and these are just stretched, partially broken hairs that got caught in something?

teela1978
September 24th, 2009, 11:42 AM
My grey hairs usually start out very oddly, doing a strong z-curve for the first 4 inches or so. They smooth out eventually though thank goodness.

GoddesJourney
September 24th, 2009, 02:07 PM
My grey hairs usually start out very oddly, doing a strong z-curve for the first 4 inches or so. They smooth out eventually though thank goodness.

My normal hairs do this on certain parts of my head.

Fractalsofhair
September 24th, 2009, 02:31 PM
I have a few odd hairs like that. Sometimes it's just your natural hair texture, or parts of it. Do you have some rather curly sections, and then some straight sections?

It could also be damaged. Do the hairs feel soft and smooth, or rough?

teela1978
September 24th, 2009, 03:00 PM
My normal hairs do this on certain parts of my head.

I often wonder if my normal hairs do it too, but because they blend in a little more I don't notice it as much. They white ones are rather obvious :)

jera
September 24th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Are you taking MSM or something new? I have heard that MSM can change the texture of your hair.
I am taking MSM & the shorter hairs by my ears seem to be changing testure, becoming more "frizzy" or something.

Are you sure it's the MSM? I didn't know it could do that. :rolleyes:

Kaileida
September 24th, 2009, 03:28 PM
I think those are a type of split; I get them frequently. Then I go "grr" and remind myself to make an appointment to get my hair trimmed. Then I continue to procrastinate. :)

Chamy
September 25th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Oh, so many answered while i was gone :D.
I dont take MSM, so that should not be a factor, but that does'nt sound funny, and i will not try it anytime soon :P.
damage from rubbing etc. sounds probable, i tend to notice the shorter hairs have weird kinks on the end. And my hair is straight, or long waves, depending on if i touch it while wet. Yeah, the kinks feel strange, like bubbles on the hairshaft.

Its weird. Maybe i should rub some cheese into my hair.:D

Ineedmorehair
September 25th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Are you by any chance diabetic? I read somewhere that this can happen in people with insulin resistance (of course, many people think they are healthy because they haven't been diagnosed with certain things), or who have problems processing sugar, refined foods.

Chamy
September 25th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Are you by any chance diabetic? I read somewhere that this can happen in people with insulin resistance (of course, many people think they are healthy because they haven't been diagnosed with certain things), or who have problems processing sugar, refined foods.

No i dont think so. I have never discovered anything that would suggest that im diabetic.

Ineedmorehair
September 25th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Well, there goes my theory. Just assume you're one of the chosen ones then, chosen for what, I don't know, but chosen nevertheless ;)

Chamy
September 27th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Well, there goes my theory. Just assume you're one of the chosen ones then, chosen for what, I don't know, but chosen nevertheless ;)

Haha, well we are all sort of chosen here, chosen for the destiny of wanting long hair. haha, deep :cheese: