PDA

View Full Version : Only an LHCer...

Runzel
September 24th, 2009, 05:05 AM
...would do what I just did!

While applying a *little* jojoba oil to me hair, I accidentally knocked over the open bottle, spilling it all over the counterop.

Within seconds it would drip onto the floor and into other things I had on the counter.

I had only a moment to act.

What did I do? Grab a nearby towel? Clean it up with rags and soap?

No...my immediate instictive reaction was to mop it up with my hair! :ponder: The funniest thing is that it didn't occur to me that my response was abnormal until afterwards.

Yup, I'm an LHCer alright. :graduate:

nowxisxforever
September 24th, 2009, 05:32 AM
lol woot! :)

Magicknthenight
September 24th, 2009, 05:50 AM
Ha! That's a nice first reaction!
Well at least its not going to waste :P
spilling oil is no fun e_e

Zindell
September 24th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Hahaa! Hilarious! :D

Elvi
September 24th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Wow, jojoba oil is precious and not to be wasted. I began to think of Mary Magdalene from the Bible, pouring precious oil and mopping Jesus´feet with her long hair. :pray:

Runzel
September 24th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Wow, jojoba oil is precious and not to be wasted. I began to think of Mary Magdalene from the Bible, pouring precious oil and mopping Jesus´feet with her long hair. :pray:

I thought of that too! Love the story. :)

BlackfootHair
September 24th, 2009, 06:31 AM
I did something similar. I was squeezing a bottle of oil to smell it, and blurp! A bunch of oil came spilling over the edges....so I squeegeed up the side of the bottle with my hands and started smearing it in my hair. (my hair isn't long enough to pull too far out in front of me yet.)

Yay for oily hair! :)

Silver & Gold
September 24th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Thank goodness you had the presence of mind to save the oil!

Carolyn
September 24th, 2009, 06:49 AM
I've done that too several times. It would be a shame to waste good oil :p

Alia
September 24th, 2009, 06:51 AM
OMG, the visual! Uh-oh! Mop, mop, mop! :lol:

Peter
September 24th, 2009, 07:02 AM
That's awesome! :laugh:

ambychelle
September 24th, 2009, 08:47 AM
awww.. too cute!

3azza
September 24th, 2009, 09:25 AM
i've done that too

Konstifik
September 24th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Save the oil! At all costs! :D

lora410
September 24th, 2009, 09:34 AM
LMAO I have so done this before.

SpinDance
September 24th, 2009, 09:55 AM
I thought you were going to say you wiped up with your hands and immediately put it on your hair, because I think that's what I would have done! Too funny! No sense wasting perfectly good oil!

Xandergrammy
September 24th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I think that might have been my reaction, too!!! Good job!

linda g
September 24th, 2009, 10:10 AM
:laugh: what a mental picture!

MandaMom2Three
September 24th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Thou hast annointed thy counter with oil :lol: . My counter is jealous now.

halo_tightens
September 24th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Good job!! Glad to hear the oil still went to good use.:cheese:

I've used my hair before when my fingers can't reach all the way into the bottom of the container of SMT/henna/conditioner/whatever! Just stuff the ends down in there, twirl, and the container is empty. :D

marikamt
September 24th, 2009, 10:57 AM
too funny!!!!!! That is great...

Runzel
September 24th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Thou hast annointed thy counter with oil :lol: . My counter is jealous now.

Haha, that's a good one! :lol:

burns_erin
September 24th, 2009, 12:50 PM
I do not think I have ever done wuite that, but I freely admit to cleaning out the bowl from my hair treats with my sisters ends (Her scalp is different from mine so she can not always do full head treatments of what I use but her ends are good to go). You know, this does not seem nearly so creepy when done in the privacy of my own home as I think it sounds writing it here. C'est la vie

natt i nord
September 24th, 2009, 12:55 PM
We once did experiments with salad oil in a lesson. Well, I had my fingers completely oily - what did little natt?

She didn't went to wash her fingers, but rubbed her fingers in her hair to get rid of the oil :D

Rentlle
September 24th, 2009, 01:06 PM
hahahaha XD
that's so funny XD

pluto_crna
September 24th, 2009, 01:42 PM
you just made my day :D

Tornerose
September 24th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Haha that' some quick thinking.

I think I would have done the same if my hair wasn't freshly washed or I had somewhere to be.

Little_Bird
September 24th, 2009, 02:09 PM
That's a great story to tell! But I see it's not that unusual ;) I don't know if i would have done that as a first instinct, but it's a great idea!

little_acorn
September 24th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Wooot true LHCer

KarpatiiSiv
September 24th, 2009, 02:57 PM
http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage08/8.gif Glad to hear the oil didn't go to waste!:) Definitely a LHCer reaction.:D

swanns
September 24th, 2009, 03:09 PM

Oh me too, that's such a lovely scene :)

Runzel that just cracked me up a little bit, a true LHCer indeed!:cheese:

Merewen
September 24th, 2009, 06:26 PM
:agree: Indeed. Hair is wonderful for cleaning up spilled oil/sopping out bowls of various types of deep treatment goo.

Fiferstone
September 24th, 2009, 06:29 PM
My coconut oil container "weeps" coconut oil from its lid onto my shelf in my bathroom cupboard.

I of course mop it up with the ends of my hair.

That's not wierd at all...

...is it?

Runzel
September 25th, 2009, 01:22 AM
My coconut oil container "weeps" coconut oil from its lid onto my shelf in my bathroom cupboard.

I of course mop it up with the ends of my hair.

That's not wierd at all...

...is it?

Apparenetly it isn't weird around here! :lol:

Thanks for laughing with me, everyone! :D

Nacaya
September 25th, 2009, 04:09 AM
I read this story and thought 'mop it with your hair!' before I read that you cleaned it up like that :D

misstwist
September 25th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I bought some Vatika oil yesterday and thought it was refined coconut oil because it was liquid.

It must have been warmer than I thought yesterday cause when I went to squeeze some out this morning I blurbed out the squeeze top with semi-solid coconut oil mixture. Lots of it on my hand and the sink.

Soo--impromptu deep treatment. Tomorrow is wash day.

I bet they don't have to worry about coconut oil getting solid in the UAE. :D

deko
September 25th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Waist not, want not? :cheese:

CurlyGirlCa
September 25th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Good job!! Glad to hear the oil still went to good use.:cheese:

I've used my hair before when my fingers can't reach all the way into the bottom of the container of SMT/henna/conditioner/whatever! Just stuff the ends down in there, twirl, and the container is empty. :D

Great idea, I always like to get the last drop also.

vindo
September 25th, 2009, 09:41 PM
When I cook and get olive oil on my hands I rub it in instead of washing it off..massage it into my nails.
Guess thats close ;)

RedJen
September 25th, 2009, 09:44 PM
LOL-- I started reading your story aloud to my son and he totally guessed the ending! Such an LHC thing to do! (It's exactly what I would have done!)

adiapalic
September 25th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Aww, I'm so sorry for your loss....:laugh: that stuff is expensive!

Guess you made as much use of what was there--I might have done the same damn thing! I saw a teeny bottle of that stuff at Whole Foods today, and it was ridiculously expensive. (I think Whole Foods just jacked up the price though).

Sister13
September 26th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Oh, no! Great save. Your tresses proly loved your accident & quick thinking. :-)

Taika
September 26th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I probably would have taken it to my hands and put on all over my body... since I do not have hair longenough for the save you did... but good thinking!! :)

atina
September 26th, 2009, 10:04 AM
good move :) shame to waste it

penny1971
September 26th, 2009, 10:10 AM
well saved!

rchorr
September 26th, 2009, 10:42 AM
ROTFLMAO! I did that with olive oil! I'm so glad I'm not alone! Hee, hee, hee. :p My husband is used to this weirdness. And my kids think this is "normal." LOL!

RCHORR'