PDA

View Full Version : Custom-Length Baerreis "Penny" for Sale or Trade - GONE

Neoma
April 18th, 2008, 04:40 PM
NO LONGER AVAILABLE

I just received this custom-length, cocobolo "Penny" hairfork from Baerreis today. The prong-length is 4", and it is approximately 2.75" wide at the widest point.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j262/nyneoma/long%20hair/cocoboloPennyandGabonEbonyPlainandS.jpg
(I am only selling the fork on the left, not the ebony one.)

The cocobolo Penny is beautiful, but my baby fine hair will never grow into it.

I did make a wrapped bun on one of my coworkers, whose hair is between BSL and waist, slightly wavy, medium thick and slightly course. The fork looked totally in proportion in her bun and very secure. It slipped in like a warm knife in butter.

I would like to get what I paid for it, which was $33.00 USD. Funded PayPal only.

If you're in the Continental U.S., shipping will be $2.00. If you're outside the U.S., I'll charge actual shipping charges.

I would consider trading for a quality hairfork with 4" prong-length.

If you're interested, please PM me.

Cinnamon Hair
April 18th, 2008, 04:53 PM
No offense, but if you're asking the exact price you paid for a custom order from Baerreis, why wouldn't a person just go the direct route and order from Baerreis herself? Then you could even choose your own color and wouldn't have a fork someone else has tried.

Neoma
April 18th, 2008, 04:57 PM
No offense, but if you're asking the exact price you paid for a custom order from Baerreis, why wouldn't a person just go the direct route and order from Baerreis herself? Then you could even choose your own color and wouldn't have a fork someone else has tried.I have sold many items that I purchased for the same price. Full disclosure. People wanted the item, it was already made, so they didn't have to wait for it, it had only been tried on, not worn out and about... Everybody won. :flower:

Rain
April 18th, 2008, 05:23 PM
You may have already considered this and decided against it but if you want to return it, I am sure they will take it back. They have amazing customer service.

Neoma
April 18th, 2008, 05:37 PM
You may have already considered this and decided against it but if you want to return it, I am sure they will take it back. They have amazing customer service.Thank you, Rain. :flower: Yes, I have considered that, and will probably do it. One of our members expressed an interest in it, which is why I posted it here. I am going to write to Martha, too.

You're right -- their customer service is amazing.:)

prosperina
April 18th, 2008, 05:46 PM
The person buying the fork would also save on shipping. If it were another color, I'd snatch it up!

Neoma
April 18th, 2008, 05:48 PM
The person buying the fork would also save on shipping. If it were another color, I'd snatch it up!That's true, too, prosperina.

Too bad it's not your color. :flower:

PseudoScot
April 18th, 2008, 06:11 PM
No offense, but if you're asking the exact price you paid for a custom order from Baerreis, why wouldn't a person just go the direct route and order from Baerreis herself? Then you could even choose your own color and wouldn't have a fork someone else has tried.

Forks like that do hold their value, and that's what a swap board is for...people might not be willing/able to buy direct either :)

Calista
April 19th, 2008, 12:23 AM
PMing you...

AutumnLeaves
April 19th, 2008, 05:23 AM
Neoma, let me know if Calista changes her mind. If so, then I would like to be first in line. Thanks!

Neoma
April 19th, 2008, 06:35 AM
OK, I'm going to respond to Calista's PM. And if she changes her mind, AutumnLeaves is next in line. :flower:

lora410
April 19th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Neoma its beautiful and people shouldn't question what others swap or sell. If nobody wants it it's not like you are pulling their leg to buy it. :flower: I hope it goes to a good home and if I had the money i'd have bought it.

Neoma
April 19th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Neoma its beautiful and people shouldn't question what others swap or sell. If nobody wants it it's not like you are pulling their leg to buy it. :flower: I hope it goes to a good home and if I had the money i'd have bought it.Thank you, lora. :flower:

Actually, Martha from Baerreis Designs told me that I could return it for a refund, so that's what I did. Their customer service is amazing. I ended up purchasing two more hairforks that are more appropriate for my hairtype and length.