PDA

View Full Version : First Day of Grad School Hair?

LittleOrca
September 23rd, 2009, 10:38 PM
So my goal for this term is to wear my hair up the whole term except for the last day. I can wear the same style, but it has to be a different hair toy each day until I have gone through them all once before I can start over again.

My problem is I don't know what to do with my hair tomorrow. I am wearing this top with dark jeans:
http://assets.charmingshoppes.com/is/image/LaneBryant/4056354?$product_main$&wid=290&hei=377
I thought something old fashion, like a Gibson Tuck might look nice, but I am not sure. What do you all think? It's something that reminds me of pre 1920's Kimono dresses, but this is obviously shorter.

ericthegreat
September 23rd, 2009, 10:42 PM
A Gibson Tuck would look really nice for sure. Another style I really like is the Cinnabun, its quite simple but still looks very neat!

invisiblebabe
September 23rd, 2009, 10:54 PM
Cute top! :) Congrats on starting grad school, what are you studying? My grad classes are online, so nobody sees my hair, lol ;)

A figure-8 bun with hairsticks or a Ficcare would work really well with that outfit, I think. And, dangly earrings. :)

LittleOrca
September 23rd, 2009, 10:58 PM
Cute top! :) Congrats on starting grad school, what are you studying?

I am studying Art Therapy Counseling. :)

girloctopus
September 23rd, 2009, 10:58 PM
Maybe a Chinese bun or a pinless braided bun? I think a wrapped style would look nice.

Roseate
September 23rd, 2009, 11:11 PM
I don't know about the style, but about the toy- I know I've seen pictures of you with a jewel lotus ficcare in aqua, and I think that would look great with this top! From the pictures, anyway, I think the colors would go well together. Good luck in grad school!

aada
September 24th, 2009, 12:27 AM
that top is beautiful! and i think a cinnabun with your ficcare would be excellent!

little_acorn
September 24th, 2009, 01:22 AM
I like the CHinese braided bun idea :D

misstwist
September 24th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Doh! I'm late to the party. I would have gone with the Gibson tuck.

You must report back. :D

LittleOrca
September 24th, 2009, 05:54 PM
I wore the the aqua jewel lotus ficcare clip in a cinnamon bun. :)

misstwist
September 24th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Wise choice. It won't do to intimidate them with the fancy hairdo ninja tricks too early. :wink:

aada
September 24th, 2009, 11:41 PM
fantastic! and how was class? ;)

LittleOrca
September 24th, 2009, 11:54 PM
fantastic! and how was class? ;)

It was interesting. We talked about how we ended up there and watched a video to introduce the class to us. We ended up staying almost an hour over time for the video, since it took us so long to get through introductions and the syllabus.

UrbanEast
October 14th, 2009, 01:30 AM
A lot of people are suggesting the Gibson Tuck, but OP posted her hair is Tailbone length. Has anyone seen instructions for a gibson tuck with hair that long? (Mine is hip length+). Thanks!

LittleOrca
October 14th, 2009, 02:13 AM
A lot of people are suggesting the Gibson Tuck, but OP posted her hair is Tailbone length. Has anyone seen instructions for a gibson tuck with hair that long? (Mine is hip length+). Thanks!

I can do it fairly well using regular instructions that shorter hairs use. However, I tend not to just part the hair and tuck it in. I usually do a braided version, as you can see here (http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/Updos/IMG_2318.jpg).