PDA

View Full Version : Fast growth?

spidermom
April 18th, 2008, 03:56 PM
It seems to me that my hair has been gaining length overnight ever since I got it cut approximately six weeks ago. So I thought I would put two pictures side by side and compare the first from right after my trim, the second from today.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/compare3.jpghttp://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/sig0418.jpg
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....hard to tell. I think I see new length. What do you think?

ycelong
April 18th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I definitely think you have growth - looks like it to me! :)

meichigo
April 18th, 2008, 04:04 PM
I can definitely see the difference!

birthmarkie
April 18th, 2008, 04:14 PM
In six weeks you would be able to get an inch if you had fast growth, and it does look like you've gained at least that. Did you measure? It appears as though you've gained several inches, which seems very high, even if you took biotin! It also could be your posture. It seems like in the second picture your shoulders are back more and your head is up a bit higher. But that rationalization being said, your hair is looking stunning as always and nice and long and incredibly healthy! ETA: It is possible that you gained two inches, if you have super fast growth!

Leisa
April 18th, 2008, 04:22 PM
I would say its grown at least an inch, maybe two.
It looks very healthy too.
What is your secret?

Firefly
April 18th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I definitely see a difference, too. Either way-- lookin' good!!:cool:

Firefly

pepperedmoth
April 18th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I definitely see a difference- I also love how I see the start of ringlets in the second photo!

spidermom
April 18th, 2008, 04:33 PM
No secrets here.
1) CWC with diluted shampoo using gentle products like Giovanni or Nature's Gate.
2) Plenty of oiling, especially the day before washing, currently olive oil.

No coloring, very little heat styling, braiding at night.

spidermom
April 18th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I definitely see a difference- I also love how I see the start of ringlets in the second photo!

I've got ringlets all over the place today. They don't show up as such in the photo all that well, though.

jojo
April 18th, 2008, 04:53 PM
holy moly Miss SM, you have grown in such a short time too, id say a good 2" as well, also you have left the 2 range and are a definite 3a.

Its funny you should say about increased growth, as you know i cut an inch off in February and although ive not measured, I feel i have suddenly grown too. Maybe there is some truth in cutting=increased growth?

Was it you who also said that your hair grew quick from BSL to hip? or was that some body else? either way, your hair is a credit to you and an inspiration to many, myself included. Congratulations. xx

eta- looks like your back to hip, im gob smacked i really am!

eta again- jeese and its that long with spirals, i remember you posting a picture when you first had it cut and straightened, imagine how long it would be straightened? not that you should. I will shut up now and pick my jaw from the ground!

jojo
April 18th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I've got ringlets all over the place today. They don't show up as such in the photo all that well, though.

oh they do, they are gorgeous, boingy spirals!

spidermom
April 18th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I grew quick from waist to hip, but that's probably because I'm too hippy.

thatjengirl1
April 18th, 2008, 05:42 PM
everytime i cut my hair, it grows back extremely fast, like yours. my hair grew like 3 inches in one month after i got a big hair cut.

spidermom
April 18th, 2008, 06:12 PM
everytime i cut my hair, it grows back extremely fast, like yours. my hair grew like 3 inches in one month after i got a big hair cut.

I am noticing the same thing. People keep saying "no way," but I think yes, cutting encourages growth.

Lamb
April 18th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Absolutely. :agree: I can see lots of growth, at least an inch but could be more. Also, your hair looks healthier, much more wurly!

Pat
April 18th, 2008, 06:18 PM
:)Beautiful growth! I would say that it has grown over an inch and it looks beautiful! Congrats!:)

Moezland
April 18th, 2008, 06:19 PM
OMG:shocked: - that's awesome!!! Ok, off to cut my hair;).

seadaughter
April 18th, 2008, 06:54 PM
I definitely see growth AND your hair looks amazing!

I, too, seem to get fastest growth the 1st month after a cut.

busnutmedic
April 18th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Wow!! That looks like a LOT of growth to me.

Your hair is looking really nice :D

Bonnie

ole gray mare
April 18th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Spidey...it looks amazing! I swear your hair is so pretty and it really does seem to change a lot, doesn't it? Curlier some days than others, fast growing some times...it is hair of many moods. Looks to be in a really good mood right now! :)

jojo
April 18th, 2008, 07:33 PM
I am noticing the same thing. People keep saying "no way," but I think yes, cutting encourages growth.

im too beginning to believe this. I read an interesting article about when somebody fractures an arm and its put in plaster of Paris. When the pot is taken off, the area which is covered is normally more hairy. The rationale behind this (anecdotal im afraid) was that the body sends more blood and nutrients to this part of the body, as part of the healing process.

Im wondering, now I know hair is dead but i wonder if when hair is cut, the body sees this as injured and sends more blood and nutrients to the roots? Also it has been said the body tries to equal things up. Think of a baby's hair its all difference lengths, the back gets rubbed bald, now think of a 2 year old that has never had their hair cut, its near enough all one length. Is this nature or a fluke?

I have also noticed my fringe which was a good 6" shorter than my sides last Feb, before i started growing it out. now theres just an inch difference, i have never cut my sides, only the back. In reality the gap difference should not change. (body equalling things up, sending more nutrition here to 'heal' the shorter bits???)

what do you think is the reason?

brok3nwings
April 18th, 2008, 07:39 PM
i would say your hair has grown about 3 inches! At the first picture you are closer to us and the second one a big far so you cant really compare it exactly but i can see by eye that it has grown about 3 inches!!! So yes...defenetly great growth! And i must say...your hair looks SOOOOO deliciously smooth and shiny!

Madam Librarian
April 18th, 2008, 09:19 PM
I see a difference. I'm beginning to believe that trimming might lead to increased growth for some people. I've been around long enough to see your experiences with trims and growth. I'm also coming out of a growth stall right now, and guess what I did last month? I had layers cut back in and had about an inch of length trimmed away. I hadn't had a substantial trim from about May 2007 until around January of this year. It could be coincidence, but I'm really wondering if it isn't.

I also see your ringlets. Your hair looks great!

birdiefu
April 18th, 2008, 09:21 PM
That is some very noticeable growth! I'm not good at judging amounts from a picture, but it looks to me at about 2". And considering that your latest picture is much more wavy/spiraly, there is probably more growth hidden in shrinkage.

And Spidermom, your hair is just *gorgeous*!!! From the back, the side, and the front (from your pic in the 'short hair' thread- breathtaking!). Yeah, I like your hair :).

eadwine
April 18th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Growth or not.. I think it looks drop dead gorgeous!! You did well :)

paper
April 19th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Wow, spidermom. Your hair is very pretty and looks longer to me.

I know what you mean Jojo. I got my hair trimmed an inch few weeks ago, and yesterday my hair felt longer. I had to actually pull my hair out of my jacket. Never had to do that before!

jojo
April 19th, 2008, 06:59 AM
im sure theres a connection Paper, spidermom has always stated her hair grows slowly, then she gets it cut, nobody can deny the increase in growth she has got, theres a goos 2" if not more.
Congratulations on your own growth spurt, too! Im wondering if to pull out of the annual cut club now!

annarose
April 19th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Geez I love your hair spidermom, you are one of my idols :thud: