PDA

View Full Version : What do you see?

LaFlor
September 23rd, 2009, 07:17 PM
What is the first thing that you look at when you look in the mirror at your hair? When you get a passing glance or when you're washing your hands in the sink?

When I'm in a good hair mood I look at my roots first and think about how nice my hair is going to be eventually.
When I'm in a bad hair mood I look at my ends first and wonder why did I do that to my hair!

Most days I look at my ends first... which doesn't help my hair self-esteem any!

dernhelm
September 23rd, 2009, 07:24 PM
I check to see how much halo frizz I have going on.

Heavenly Locks
September 23rd, 2009, 07:25 PM
I check to see if the bits by my ears have escaped their updo and are floating out from the sides of my head :rolleyes:

Sheltie_Momma
September 23rd, 2009, 07:27 PM
I see frizz on a bad day and the length on a good day.

krissykins
September 23rd, 2009, 07:38 PM
I see my layers. It just inspires me to take my Biotin.

GlassEyes
September 23rd, 2009, 07:41 PM
If my hair is down? Usually, I just think 'not long enough' or 'yay, good curl day'.

If it's up, my attention is devoted to those pieces by my ears puffing out of their gel shellacked state. Though, I don't worry about that now, because I lopped the little bastards off. :D

QueenAnne'sLace
September 23rd, 2009, 07:41 PM

Ditto on the halo.:D

apynip
September 23rd, 2009, 07:43 PM
i always look at how wild my hair is or the nasty roots. I dont know. its odd.

I like my wild hair though for some reason. its simply me.

Kaileida
September 23rd, 2009, 08:13 PM
I am usually slightly taken aback by the color! Guess that's what happens when you dye it so often as I have- nothing feels like it belongs there. Doesn't help that my deep black has gone all brownish.

peachrose
September 23rd, 2009, 08:17 PM
I check to see if the bits by my ears have escaped their updo and are floating out from the sides of my head :rolleyes:

Me too. :o

Merewen
September 23rd, 2009, 08:24 PM
I check out the shape. I spent so much time brushing my hair wet (eeeeeeugh) and using cones that I didn't realize how curly it was, so anytime I see any kind of corkscrew going on I stare at it in amazement for a while.

Dars
September 23rd, 2009, 08:27 PM
I check out how my curls are holding up if my hair is down.

pepperminttea
September 23rd, 2009, 08:27 PM
Usually "it's still not long enough" or "the roots are oily already, typical" - but sometimes, on a good day, "ooh, shiny!" :D

friskybiznus
September 23rd, 2009, 08:35 PM
I check to see if my silvers are getting any more silver-y!

JamieRose
September 23rd, 2009, 08:38 PM
I also notice the wondrous frizz halo first.

girlcat36
September 23rd, 2009, 08:40 PM
I see a canopy of perpetual frizz.

Garnet66
September 23rd, 2009, 08:54 PM
I usually see that even after henna my hair is still two toned. And I notice how many fly aways (bits sticking out).

MsBubbles
September 23rd, 2009, 08:56 PM
I check to make sure the one side is properly tucked behind my right ear, and that the left ear is not poking through my left side of my hair.

Stephichan
September 23rd, 2009, 08:58 PM
Good day: I see the color or that it's getting longer, or that its a 2b/c day for me. Bad day: I see thin spots on my temples, or that my hair isn't long enough yet, or weird waviness to my fringe.

Today's a good day :D

lindaton
September 23rd, 2009, 09:14 PM
Usually I see the way my fringe is not behaving and I think about getting the scissors and doing away with the sideswept.

adiapalic
September 23rd, 2009, 09:15 PM
I usually enjoy what I see when I look at my hair--so long as I don't start criticizing anything else! :)

TheEndlessOcean
September 23rd, 2009, 09:29 PM
Generally the first thing I look for is how big it is. I have issues with it being dry and poofy, so if it's excessively large I'll throw it in a ponytail :p. After that I'll check to see how much my frizz halo has grown.

walkinglady
September 23rd, 2009, 10:37 PM
Good day...how shiney my hair is : )

Bad day...how crazy wavy my bangs get : (

windinherhair
September 23rd, 2009, 10:45 PM
I look at my scalp to really determine when I did to wash my hair again. I check my bangs because I tend to wash them more often, about every other day. And I look for dryness to see if I need to apply some more hair oil.

WavyGirl
September 24th, 2009, 12:29 AM

I see a canopy of perpetual frizz.

Exactly. :rolleyes:

LittleOrca
September 24th, 2009, 01:24 AM
Good day: "My hair is looking great and it's going in the direction I want it to. I looove my waves!"

Average day: "I hate my ends, but they will be gone eventually as I work at this."

Bad day: "Why do I even bother? It's all crap."

Wicked Princess
September 24th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Before coffee in the morning: "OH MY GOD, WHAT IS THAT?!?!?!"

After coffee in the morning: "Hey, I'm getting better at this updo thing!"

Late afternoon after I took my hair down and feel it brushing against my butt: :D!!!

free_hug
September 24th, 2009, 02:04 AM
Either (1) halo check or (2) "is it lying flat today" check. Most of the time i'm ready to accept the halo if i'm having a big hair day :) And hate it on "greasy and just hanging down" days.

RancheroTheBee
September 24th, 2009, 02:05 AM
Good Day: "Oh, it's getting longer! Soon people will comment about it! Go me."

Neutral Day: "I should really brush that."

Bad Day: "My hair is such dry, poofy crap. And it's short. Short and dry and poofy and crappy."

Arctic
September 24th, 2009, 02:35 AM
Good day: It's shinyness and nice waves.

Avarage day: how much breakage I have (too much!) and how slowly it grows.

Bad day: Why do I even try to grow my hair...

janeytilllie
September 24th, 2009, 02:45 AM
When I look I see....

On a good day. Yeah shiny and still blunt hemline! :cheese:

On a bad day my curly wurly stupid fringe. It goes up and looks like a pair horns!:o That means hairdryer time for it :D

freckles
September 24th, 2009, 05:09 AM
I do a glance to make sure my bald spot is not showing. :o

Isa-belle
September 24th, 2009, 05:27 AM
If it's down, I check where it falls on me. And invariably decide it isn't long enough :lol:
If it's up, I just check if the updo's still looking good.

Elvi
September 24th, 2009, 05:45 AM
I look at my forehead, because I have got an asymmetric hair whorl there, and I keep on setting my hair around that whorl. In most of my hairstyles I just I try to hide that whorl... :pumpkin:

Zindell
September 24th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Two things mostly...

1. I see my (natural) hair color and feel happy and content with it. I like to think of it as golden. :p
It also makes me wonder why I bleached highlights in it during so many years. Sure it got a bit lighter blonde then but eh... did it really look better?

2. I usually also see that my hair is a little messy from the wind. I like to have my hair loose, and I like to walk outside a lot. I also tend to forget to comb it when I get inside. :D

Anje
September 24th, 2009, 07:12 AM
I check to see whether the hair is still in its updo, or if front parts have escaped and I look like I just walked in from a fistfight with a tornado.

JamieLeigh
September 24th, 2009, 08:47 AM
If it's an updo, I check it to see if it's smooth over my ears. I have annoying little short hairs that like to curl around the legs of my glasses. :rolleyes:

If it's loose, I just plain old admire it. :crush:

viking_quest
September 24th, 2009, 08:55 AM
I see how much of my hair has fallen out of my braid and wonder if it tangled badly during the night.

SpinDance
September 24th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Check for the halo frizz. If it's looking at all lank put it up. If it's up, check for sticky-out hairs and try to tame them.

eadwine
September 24th, 2009, 11:42 AM
I check to see if my partially growing out bangs are still on my head or whether it needs a clippie to be forced back up ;)

halo_tightens
September 24th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Like so many others, I generally check to see how much of my hair is still in its updo, and how much is sticking out randomly, fistfight-with-a-tornado style. (Perfect description, Anje-- thanks!)

Kiraela
September 24th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Bad day: Arrgh. Frizz. Stupid not-cooperating ends! If it's down, the ends look like my cat decided they were a suitable substitute for her feather toy, if it's up, they poke out of any updo like I've got horns.

Good day: If it's down, admire the color, length and shine. Hey, frizz, that means I've got new hairs growing in! Hi, little guys! If it's up, adore the color and shine and pretty updo with the pokey-outey ends giving it some visual interest and excitement.

Today, it's a 'holy crap, the shine!' day. :)

Tornerose
September 24th, 2009, 02:00 PM
On good days I see the lenght, on bad days, I see how thin and flat it is, and if it's a really bad day all the comments starts to spin in my head... (You know, those layers, colour, perm-comments)..

Maddy25
September 24th, 2009, 02:30 PM
I look at the face framing layers and see if they are smooth and nice or fuzzy @_@ If it is a wash day and let it airdry they are usually super fuzzy but after a day they get really nice. So Im usually just admiring how fast its growing :)

Amara
September 24th, 2009, 03:16 PM
If it's up I check for weird parts with scalp showing. And I check my bangs to make sure they're not getting wacko.

if it's down I check to see if it needs a comb through.