PDA

View Full Version : Surprisingly met a hair board member IRL!

Feye
September 23rd, 2009, 12:35 PM
I went into a store and happened to chat for quite long with the lovely owner who inquired about my Ficcare headbad and wanted to know where I had got it from. She was so interested in the headband that I came back some days later and brought a few more headbands plus Ficcare clip to show her. I suggested that if she was to wear a clip that she should get the large size.

"No, I'm actually only a ii, not iii according to Fia's hair typing system" she replied to my great surprise. Turns out that she belongs to a curly hair board! We ended up chatting about hair for an hour, exchanging information about products and hair toys.

Fantastic! How often do you have a discussion about Fia's hair typing system with a stranger? It was so much fun! Next time I visit the store I might bring some flexi-8 :agree: :D

pgw
September 23rd, 2009, 12:50 PM
Ha ha

That's pretty amazing but sounds like it was fun. Sometimes it really is a small world.

Beatnik Guy
September 23rd, 2009, 03:12 PM
Awesome, Feye! :D

nowxisxforever
September 23rd, 2009, 04:29 PM
How wonderful!

I ran into Airmide on a bus once. Glorious hair!

girlcat36
September 23rd, 2009, 04:33 PM
That's cool!
No, I wouldn't discuss Fia's hairtyping with a stranger. It's hard enough trying to explain it to the people who I know, and they think I'm just weird when I bring it up.

jojo
September 23rd, 2009, 05:04 PM
Thats really cool, Id love to bump into a member.

Igor
September 23rd, 2009, 05:07 PM
Awesome! I envy you! :rockerdud

DaveDecker
September 23rd, 2009, 08:23 PM
That's awesome, Feye! I recently met an LHC member by accident (wrote about it in the Meets Forum), and I understand other similar encounters have occurred recently as well.

Dvips
September 23rd, 2009, 08:27 PM
:rockerdud How cool!

MsBubbles
September 24th, 2009, 07:05 AM
That is cool! I fantasize about going back 'home' to the UK and bumping into LHC people on trains or buses.

Didn't you say 'I'm Feye of Feye's self-trim'?! That's pretty awesome in itself!

oogie
September 24th, 2009, 07:22 AM
you should play the lottery fast-- that proves you got the luck :)

I'm happy for you hun, may you have many more experiences like that one.

Sjirsten
September 24th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Cool!
I`m guessing she is a member at lockig.se. I`m a member there too...Great girls!

09robiha
September 24th, 2009, 07:28 AM
omg thats so cool!!! I always wonder if the long haired people i see are members......

Redheaded Raven
September 24th, 2009, 08:08 AM
very cool :cheese:

Isa-belle
September 24th, 2009, 08:15 AM
That is so cool! :) I'd love that to happen, but here in France that would be near to impossible.

Didn't you say 'I'm Feye of Feye's self-trim'?! That's pretty awesome in itself!
I was thinking the exact same thing :D

JamieLeigh
September 24th, 2009, 08:38 AM
That would have blown my mind, lol. I don't think many people where I live are concerned about growing out hair, except the ones who are doing it for religious reasons. That's awesome for you!! :D

pgw
September 24th, 2009, 09:03 AM

Feye is the OP and Fia is the one that posted her self-trim method. ;)

KarpatiiSiv
September 24th, 2009, 09:19 AM
That was really cool.;)

Feye
September 24th, 2009, 12:19 PM

Hahaha, she had never seen my name before, as I had never seen hers either.

you should play the lottery fast-- that proves you got the luck :)

I'm happy for you hun, may you have many more experiences like that one.

Oh, thanks! I've been feeling so energetic and happy lately that I've fallen into the most wonderful conversations with many interesting strangers.

Cool!
I`m guessing she is a member at lockig.se. I`m a member there too...Great girls!

I should frequent the curly boards more often, I bet I could pick up an idea or two even for my 1c hair. Indeed, all hair board people are super nice, that's my experience.

Thanks to everyone else too for the replies, it was fun to read!

MsBubbles
September 24th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Feye is the OP and Fia is the one that posted her self-trim method. ;)

No, it's Fia's hairtyping system and Feye's Self-trim method.

biggeorge
September 24th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Amazing isn't it! I too was recognized by another LHC'er yesterday; I wrote a journal entry about it here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?u=9834)!

Rentlle
September 24th, 2009, 01:01 PM
that's so cool!!! :D

froglet
September 24th, 2009, 03:50 PM
How neat Feye! I've never run into another LHC'er but I have recommended the place to a few long hairs I've met.
Now if you ran into Fia on accident, that would make for a hair board "meeting of the method makers"! :lol:

windinherhair
October 14th, 2009, 09:22 AM
That is interesting, I have wondered what that would be like, and who might say the first word. :)

jojo
October 14th, 2009, 01:50 PM
That is cool! I fantasize about going back 'home' to the UK and bumping into LHC people on trains or buses.

oh that would be so good, Id look daft shouting Ms Bubbles over here, come see what type my hair is!

They would cart me off!