PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Do When Your Hair Looks Great From the Front or Back Only?

Alia
September 23rd, 2009, 11:37 AM
Today, I have the perfect, shiny bun. The hairstick is just so, and it is a thing to behold. But. The front of my hair looks stooopid :brains:. It is too flat and severe, plus the left cowlick looks like it is trying to flag down passing motorists. When this happens to you, do you break down and do the whole thing all over again? Do you try to do bandaid fixes on the offending bits? I've already tried squishing the 'lick down and pull some humidity curls forward, but it still looks goofy, and I'll likely ruin the perfect, shiny bun to fix it.:undecided

Roseate
September 23rd, 2009, 11:50 AM
I usually re-do, unless I'm in a big hurry. Not that many people look at the back of my head, no matter how nice my bun is, but they're talking to my face all day long. You could take a picture of the perfect bun so you can post it on LHC, we're more appreciative anyway!

If you want to salvage it, you could try adding a narrow scarf or headband?

JamieRose
September 23rd, 2009, 11:52 AM
I was going to say adding a head scarf, too. I've done that many times when I don't want to redo the whole thing :P

Zéphine
September 23rd, 2009, 02:11 PM
It depends; sometimes I redo it, but if the problem is that my hair is wet/dirty/crunchy/evil at the moment, I cover the part that looks bad. Hairnet if the back is a mess, hat or scarf if the front is ugly.

Finoriel
September 23rd, 2009, 02:42 PM
:lol: I just don´t do my styles in front of a mirror. That way I can´t be bothered if it doesn´t look perfect.
Bandana or folded scarf are also options of course.

Vivien'
September 23rd, 2009, 02:58 PM
If it's only a matter of look, I just don't care. If there's big tangle, big "mistakes" in the style, or something, I often redo it.

krissykins
September 23rd, 2009, 03:04 PM
Most of the time, I throw on a headband. Yes, I can throw my hair into a decent bun, but the bangs always look terrible when they lose their curl (which is most days)

viking_quest
September 23rd, 2009, 05:08 PM
I just put on a headband because most mornings I don't have enough time to take down my hair and redo it.

GlassEyes
September 23rd, 2009, 05:13 PM
I redo it. Then I do it again. And again. And again.

Then I give up and try something new. And then that fails. Then I try it with another toy, and it fails again.

At that point, I scream in frustration, grab a hair shelot or hair fork, and shove my hair into it. XD;

little_acorn
September 23rd, 2009, 05:17 PM
I accessorise those areas with pretty clips to hold the sticking out bits of hair down :D

Alia
September 23rd, 2009, 05:53 PM
I did take it down and redid it into a Yulia Tymoshenko-esque faux crown braid. My face looks like a potato when I wear a headband or scarf, or that'd definitely be a first-line option. Thanks for your suggestions. :flower:

Kaileida
September 23rd, 2009, 06:11 PM
Pins pins pins! Hehe :D

adiapalic
September 23rd, 2009, 06:15 PM
Ooh God :laugh:

Seeing that little green smiley coupled with "stooopid" had me rolling in the floor for some reason.

As for hair-do's... when it looks weird in one spot, I'm a perfectionist about stuff, so I do it all over again. Sorry, I don't have much else to offer. I just had to say that. :tongue:

ravenreed
September 24th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Um, yeah. Same here, which is one reason why I think that long hair takes so much longer to deal with than my tousle-and-go earlier/shorter styles. Unless my hair is a little flat on top, I often give up and wear it down.

I redo it. Then I do it again. And again. And again.

Then I give up and try something new. And then that fails. Then I try it with another toy, and it fails again.

At that point, I scream in frustration, grab a hair shelot or hair fork, and shove my hair into it. XD;

freckles
September 24th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Pins pins pins! Hehe :D
seconded. If it's a special event, I'll re-do it. But if it's just a normal day, bad patches and fixes are fine by me. pins and smoothing down and tugging to make it look 'artistically' messy, and headbands are all options :)