PDA

View Full Version : Dont know what to do!! help!!

lembke
September 23rd, 2009, 10:54 AM
I can't seem to brush my hair anymore because it always gets frizzy. Any ideas on how to get it brushed out? Also what do you think does putting your hair up make it grow faster? I would be greatful for any comments. :) thank you!

HairColoredHair
September 23rd, 2009, 10:57 AM
Is your hair wavy or curly? Even if you don't think it is, it might be. And even some straight haired folks can get flyaway hair with brushing. Maybe try comb-only on your hair, or fingercombing. :)

Unzadi
September 23rd, 2009, 11:04 AM
Hi, Lembke, and welcome. You'll find lots of good advice here. For the brushing question, a little more information might help get useful answers. Can you tell us a little about your hair and what sort of brush you're using? That way, members who have similar hair types can chime in with what's worked for them.

I've found that putting hair up keeps it out of the way of things that could potentially damage it. Hair that's worn up won't be snagging in purse straps or car doors, etc, and learning lots of different updos (some really easy) can be fun. I don't know if wearing hair up makes it grow faster but it does keep it out of harm's way, so it can break less.

Roseate
September 23rd, 2009, 11:06 AM
I agree. Try a gentle combing with a wide-tooth comb, see how that goes. You could also try spritzing it with a little conditioning spray (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=277) if it needs moisture in the morning.

And putting your hair up won't make it grow faster, but it will protect the length and ends from damage.

jojo
September 23rd, 2009, 11:17 AM
Firstly putting hair up does not make hair grow faster but it prevents the ends being snagged and split by external conditions; sun, wind etc.

It sounds as though you have wavy to curly hair. Mine is wavy and hates being brushed, so I just use my wooden comb or fingers, theres no rules for hair its about finding a balance and what works for your hair.

Try just combing it once a day max, also coconut oil is wonderful for controlling frizzies.

lembke
September 23rd, 2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the advice. My hair is just getting to the bsl. Its not thin but i wouldnt say that its thick eather. It is blond and i hear that blond hair is harder to grow. I use a stangly brush they are not made anymore. Sorry i really dont know how to describe my hair.:confused:

ambychelle
September 23rd, 2009, 11:56 AM
coconut oil (I like the nutrva brand from amazon but I get mine at vitaminshoppe) is really good for frizz. I recommend putting it on the night before because when I put it on dry hair, no matter how little I use, it still looks greasy for several hours but once it's soaked in, it just looks soft and shiny. Just don't use very much at all. A tiny bit goes a LONG way. I like to use it just on the canopy and on the very ends rather than throughout. I think it works better commercial silicone products that are suppose to tame frizz. And, if you don't care for it for your hair, you can eat it (I put a dolop in my hot cocoa and on my oatmeal.. so yum!) and use it as lotion.

I doubt putting it up makes it grow faster but I'm sure it protects what you have. Some people have good luck taking Biotin vitamins to get a little more growth every month.

spidermom
September 23rd, 2009, 02:58 PM
Don't brush it then. Comb only. That's what I do most of the time. Also, putting your hair up does not make it grow faster. It protects your hair from being damaged by wind, seatbelts, purse and backpack straps - stuff like that.

krissykins
September 23rd, 2009, 04:36 PM
I agree with putting coconut oil in your hair -- it has done wonders for mine. I also quit brushing and now comb with my wooden comb from The Body Shop.

Putting your hair up makes it only seem like it's growing faster because you never see it :P