PDA

View Full Version : Large Flexi needs to swap to new home - GONE

Euphony
April 18th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I got a wonderful large flexi on the swap board not long ago. Unfortunately it's too big for a pony, and too small for an 'updo. It works for a half-up bun for me...but I have a lot of toys that work for that.

I'm looking to swap for a medium or an extra large - I'm not big on white metals, but if you're interested, show me what you have and we'll see. (especially if it has green or something mythical)

http://getchellwedd.topcities.com/flexi.jpg

Sorry for the picture quality, my camera is horrendous, I scanned the flexi :D It's an antiqued brass color, the stone is clear.

Garnett
April 18th, 2008, 05:19 PM
I have this exact one, and while I don't need another, I can vouch that it is gorgeous in person :)

Euphony
April 18th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I have this exact one, and while I don't need another, I can vouch that it is gorgeous in person :)
It is! I do wish it worked for me.

greek_lady
April 19th, 2008, 01:25 AM
Euphony, I have an extra large flexi 8 that I bought from MissMurphy just a while ago. But it looked like silver in the pic, while it was actually gold, so I never wore it. Let me try to find the thread (over at TBB) and link to you, to see the style. I'm sorry I can't post pics, I haven't managed that yet.

ETA: To add the link

http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/showthread.php?t=1328

It looks silver, but it is NOT. It's gold (that's why I would like to swap it), although the size is wonderful for full updos.

Euphony
April 19th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Oh yes greek_lady I remember that one, I can't remember why I didn't jump on it since I liked it! It was probably because it looked silver. It's very pretty! I'd love to swap. Just to make sure, the one I have is an antiqued brass color, the stone is clear, and it's a large. Will a large work for you?

greek_lady
April 19th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Euphony, I'm basically looking to get the gold one out, as it will never be worn. I would have preferred something silver, but I want to try the brass colour, too. Brass is "understated", yes?
Large will be ok (hopefully), I am a ii, not iii like you.

Euphony
April 19th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Hopefully the large will work for you, it should. That brass is going to look gorgeous in your hair! I do like it, I love brass, copper, gold - warm metals - I do wish it worked. But hopefully we can both gain from this!

I'll pm you my addy.

Peggy E.
April 19th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Euphony, I'm basically looking to get the gold one out, as it will never be worn. I would have preferred something silver, but I want to try the brass colour, too. Brass is "understated", yes?
Large will be ok (hopefully), I am a ii, not iii like you.

Not to be an enabler, or anything here.....But I bet this would be just beautiful in that wonderful hair of yours, Greek Lady!

I must be one of the minority members here - the ones who prefer gold/brass/copper to silver. Maybe it's because silver sort of disappears in my silver hair?!

TheHippieChick
April 19th, 2008, 11:02 AM
I like the understated tones as well :D I think they are elegant.

greek_lady
April 19th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Peggy E. yes it can be because silver/grey items will blend in and disappear in your gorgeous coloured silver hair. So, naturally, you turn to stuff that will have more presence, in your hair.

I do prefer mine in silver and many times understated, as TheHippieChick, but I will also go for the bright intense flower/sea colours, just not for gold.

Euphony, do you like bpal? :)

Euphony
April 19th, 2008, 01:16 PM
I was able to send it just now! Hopefully you'll have it within a week or so.

I've never tried bpal, I make my own - I have been curious about it.

greek_lady
April 21st, 2008, 12:43 PM
Euphony, your new flexi8 is flying to you since bright and early today, my morning!
Pls let me know when you get it and I hope you like your package :)

Euphony
April 21st, 2008, 12:51 PM
Euphony, your new flexi8 is flying to you since bright and early today, my morning!
Pls let me know when you get it and I hope you like your package :)
I will definately let you know when I get it. And if you could do the same that would be wonderful! I hope you like it.

Euphony
April 28th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I got it, I got it! I opened it and asked my husband what he thought. He said it looked gaudy since it's so big, I said 'honey, small get's lost in my hair' - I put a figure 8 in and the flexi and he then realized nope it's not gaudy in my hair! I've been playing in the mud (henna) so tomorrow I'll try to get a pic of it. It's gorgeous!

And you evil woman you! You sent me bpal. That is so sweet of you. Do you know what their base is? It smells a little synthetic to me, I was suprised. Thank you so much for a wonderful swap, I hope you get yours soon.

greek_lady
May 2nd, 2008, 09:34 AM
Hey Euphony!
I got the package, yeah!!!
Thank you for the lip balm, too.
The flexi8 is a good size, since I cut my hair back to below-waist today. The colour is not toooo much to my liking, but at least it's "muted" and I had wanted to try the bronze, too.
Thank you for our swap.
You can close the thread now.

Euphony
May 2nd, 2008, 10:13 AM
YEAH!!! I'm so happy you got it! Too bad you aren't much of a fan of the bronze. But being muted hopefully it'll work out for you.

Thank you for the wonderful swap!