PDA

View Full Version : floppy sock bun! what am I doing wrong?

ambychelle
September 23rd, 2009, 06:25 AM
I tried a sock bun for the first time last night on my 7 year old who has BSL hair. It was really cute, but not secure at all. It was sort of floppy. I used like 4 hair ties around it and it was still not secure.

I was really hoping this would be a quick and easy bun that didn't require pins and I know I've seen tutorials that didn't use pins.

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong? Maybe I need a smaller donut?

I have no idea how I can mess up what seems SO simple. :p

butterflycayton
September 23rd, 2009, 07:17 AM
how big is the sock? My daughter loves them, her hair is little past shoulder. First put in ponytail, then put sock next to pony, hold head down, spread hair around the sock evenly, take another holder and put around the sock and this one will be over the first pony tail holder. you should have hair sticking out against head all the way around the bun, twist this hair between the bun and head and then secure with another holder. we use a scrunchie for this as it holds more hair. We don't use any pins. The other way some do is by rolling the sock from the ends of the ponytail to the head, I don't think most use pins for this one, some do use sticks. Just keep trying, you will get it.:)