PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for disabling the thread rating system...

wintersun99
September 22nd, 2009, 05:14 PM

Lamb
September 22nd, 2009, 07:14 PM
Hmm, I can rate this thread... but I won't. :p
I must say, disabling the rating system would be a HUGE improvement.

Nat242
September 22nd, 2009, 07:15 PM
Hmm, I can rate this thread... but I won't. :p
I must say, disabling the rating system would be a HUGE improvement.

I did rate it (to test it ;)), but it seems as though you can no longer order threads by their rating on the boards, which I think would make ratings invisible.

wintersun99
September 22nd, 2009, 07:22 PM

Lamb
September 22nd, 2009, 07:24 PM
The thread ratings (stars or lack or stars) no longer shows though, go back to the main thread page and note that they are gone...

Oh, that! Yup, they are gone - jolly good job, too. :agree:

Nat242
September 22nd, 2009, 07:25 PM
That's good news! Thanks mods!

Dvips
September 22nd, 2009, 09:13 PM
See... we do listen... and sometimes agree :agree: ... and sometime manage to act quickly. ;)
:lol:

physicschick
September 22nd, 2009, 09:29 PM
But we listened harder to the person who sent us a polite PM than to the people who complained in their blogs. ;) (Hint, hint...)

By the way, there might still be ratings on a couple of product-related boards, since that has greater potential to be useful. I'm not sure yet how it has been set.

Dvips
September 22nd, 2009, 09:34 PM
But we listened harder to the person who sent us a polite PM than to the people who complained in their blogs. ;) (Hint, hint...)

Oh, yes, yes!! I meant to be clear about that. :oops: It is always better to report/PM than to complain publicly. :agree:

wintersun99
September 22nd, 2009, 09:40 PM

eadwine
September 23rd, 2009, 12:18 AM
I wouldn't have minded if an announcement of this was made, it IS a polite way of letting us all know that a change has been made to the forums.

redneckprincess
September 23rd, 2009, 04:04 AM
I never even knew there was a rating system

Beldaran
September 23rd, 2009, 06:44 AM
I knew there was a rating system, but I'm missing what the issue was with it. Can someone fill me in?

physicschick
September 23rd, 2009, 06:52 AM
I knew there was a rating system, but I'm missing what the issue was with it. Can someone fill me in?

Some members were using it to rate the perceived quality of the original posters rather than the quality of the threads themselves. It was not fulfilling its intended purpose.

Beldaran
September 23rd, 2009, 07:06 AM
Bummer. I was thinking that could have been the case, but was hoping it wasn't. :(

Heavenly Locks
September 23rd, 2009, 07:26 AM

sorry.... :( :o

Dvips
September 23rd, 2009, 07:58 PM
I wouldn't have minded if an announcement of this was made, it IS a polite way of letting us all know that a change has been made to the forums.
Sometimes members notice things right away and post threads before we get to. :shrug:

krissykins
September 23rd, 2009, 08:02 PM
Sometimes members notice things right away and post threads before we get to. :shrug:

It's never too late ;) haha kidding.

Thank you mods! I was getting rather annoyed with this because it seemed like a popularity contest.

rach
September 24th, 2009, 06:21 AM

By the way, there might still be ratings on a couple of product-related boards, since that has greater potential to be useful. I'm not sure yet how it has been set.

now i'm paying abit more attention to ratings and i can see the pros and cons of it.
having a few as i've seen today (more main threads), seems to be a good balance you've got now.
:thumbsup:

cobblersmaid
September 24th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I forgot about the ratings. :lol: But I can see why this would be a good change.