PDA

View Full Version : 2 in 1 Products?

Lamb
September 22nd, 2009, 01:23 PM
I've done a search for a thread on 2-in-1 products but can't find any, so I'll start my own.

Is there anybody here who uses a 2-in-1 product fairly regularly? Are these combined shampoo+conditioner products recommended, or absolutely not? Why?

(I find my hair does well with one by L'Oreal, but of course, it is still fairly short.)

Answers much appreciated!! :)

*Rose Red*
September 22nd, 2009, 01:34 PM
Hi,
I used 2in1 products (and often with cones) for several years. But then I got problems with my scalp, it started to itch and to scale. I think the problem is that you put with these products the conditioner directly on your scalp, and you leave the shampoo for a while in. For me itīs better to use shampoo only for a short time, then I use water, and then I put the conditioner only in my lengths. That means no conditioner for my scalp, and only a little bit shampoo for my lengths (it would dry my hair). With a 2in1 products I dry my hair and itīs not good for my scalp.
My english is not so good, but I hope you understand what I want to say :o

Arctic
September 22nd, 2009, 01:42 PM
My gut feeling is, that it's all about ingredients. Post the INCI and someone will tell if it looks like a good product. I would think the conditioning is not powerful enough for longer hair, but then again not everyone here even use conditioner at all, so it's probably very individual. And like *Rose Red* said, not everybody's scalp can tolerate conditioning agents.

ademtce
September 22nd, 2009, 01:50 PM
personally i've never like them, neither has my hair.

Tap Dancer
September 22nd, 2009, 02:28 PM
I've never been a fan of them. Using shampoo and conditioner separately has always given me better results.

Lemur_Catta
September 22nd, 2009, 03:47 PM
I only love one of them - and not for the results on my hair, but for the SMELL :D That's why I rarely use it. I used it when I was travelling some years ago (shoulder-apl hair) and the smell was great. That was also the one my mom used on me when I was little, and there was no way to keep me still for shampoo AND conditioner :D

Besides that...:D I usually put conditioner only on my length and diluted shampoo only on my scalp. Although I like conditioner on my scalp, I don't like shampoo on my length at all, so 2-1 products don't work for me.

edit: besides, if I diluted a 2 in 1 product I would have diluted shampoo but also diluted conditioner, it would be less harsh but I would also see less benefits from the conditioner - and there is already little conditioner there -
I think they are best for people with short hair who want a bit of shampoo and a bit of conditioner, all together.

Lamb
September 22nd, 2009, 04:32 PM
Interesting replies - thanks! :flowers:
I've been using a 2-in-1 as I would any shampoo, because my hair is too short to make it worthwhile to use conditioner. When my hair was longer, a 2-in-1 worked on occasion when I just wanted to cleanse my hair with something not too stripping, and didn't have the time or patience to apply and rinse out conditioner. :silly:

I think I'll give it a longer try. Honestly, I did get tired of rinsing out conditioner - it seemed to take forever, and my hair wasn't even long!

clairenewcastle
September 22nd, 2009, 04:47 PM
I went through a phase years ago of relying on "Wash & Go" (it was so long ago I forget who makes it...thankfully) to see me through a very busy time in my life - too much work, too little time to wash and condition. I only used it because it intially made my hair easy to comb and I thought it was the answer to all my haircare problems....truth was it caused a lot of haircare problems!
After a few hectic months my hair was straggly, limp and felt "sticky" 2 days after washing. Perservered but ended up washing with harsh shampoo for a time to get the build up out and then using treatments to rebalance my hair but that did'nt work. Couldn't shift what was "stuck "to my hair. Now I realise I was just piling more cones on top of hair coated with cones but back then I didn't care what was in the bottle.
Would I reccommend using two-in-one shampoo and conditioner?
Definately not!

yellowchariot
September 22nd, 2009, 06:02 PM
I've done a search for a thread on 2-in-1 products but can't find any, so I'll start my own.

Is there anybody here who uses a 2-in-1 product fairly regularly? Are these combined shampoo+conditioner products recommended, or absolutely not? Why?

(I find my hair does well with one by L'Oreal, but of course, it is still fairly short.)

Answers much appreciated!! :)

^ Hey Lamb, I dunno if I can be much of help, but I asked a similar question a while back, and this were some responses I got. I hope this helps! peace out!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=31631

Lamb
September 22nd, 2009, 06:38 PM
^ Hey Lamb, I dunno if I can be much of help, but I asked a similar question a while back, and this were some responses I got. I hope this helps! peace out!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=31631

Oh, I just knew there was a thread on this subject! I searched for "2 in 1 products", which must have been confusing for the search engine... :o
Thanks a bunch, yellowchariot! :)

Heidi_234
September 23rd, 2009, 06:41 AM
I've done some reading on these 2-in-1's, and they don't sound so great for hair. I don't remember the specifics so I'll just share the conclusion I made for myself: If you don't care about your hair much, and/or have no other option, they won't destroy it, but if you have an option, try to avoid the shampoo and conditioner combined products.