PDA

View Full Version : A long-haired funny

Merewen
September 21st, 2009, 10:09 PM
I found this (http://www.overheardeverywhere.com/archives/006944.html) on overheardeverywhere.com. I naturally thought of you all. Someday, little girl, someday.

Stephichan
September 21st, 2009, 10:12 PM
That is so cute. I'm on her side. Mom should slowly back away from the scissors/salon and let the girl have some long hair (as long as said daughter can and does take care of it. If she's always walking around with greasy hair or hair that's so tangled it looks like a rat's nest then I may re-think my previously stated opinion).

RancheroTheBee
September 21st, 2009, 10:13 PM
Aw. Four for you, little girl.

Konstifik
September 22nd, 2009, 12:10 AM
That's right, girl! Take control of your hair! :D

embee
September 22nd, 2009, 05:05 AM
Gah, good luck to her! My mom would have knocked me into next week if I'd argued about my hair with her. She had very strong opinions on my hair, which was a disappointment to her. She wanted a goldilocks and got a mousy tan straight haired daughter. Poor thing.

Kat
September 22nd, 2009, 05:32 AM
My guess is that if the kid's that adamant about long hair and her mom still won't let her have it, then there's a reason. I mean, if she has no problem with her husband having long hair, she probably should have no problem with her kid having long hair...so maybe the kid DOESN'T take care of it...at least that'd be my guess. I suppose it could also be a "but you look SO CUTE with short hair!" thing, but...

JCFantasy23
October 2nd, 2009, 10:19 PM
My guess is that if the kid's that adamant about long hair and her mom still won't let her have it, then there's a reason. I mean, if she has no problem with her husband having long hair, she probably should have no problem with her kid having long hair...so maybe the kid DOESN'T take care of it...at least that'd be my guess. I suppose it could also be a "but you look SO CUTE with short hair!" thing, but...

Could be, hard to tell. I think moms just have a vision of how they want their adorable littles girls hair to be too though, they like to have fun with it while they can. Typically the little girls always disagree too lol.

It's even worse when grandparents interfere. My best friend of fifteen years and her husband were a bit miffed at his parents, who are kind of interfering. They get their daughter on Sunday and take her to church. Well, they bring her back one day and guess what - the 8 year old has VERY short hair! The grandmother decided it would be cute and then cut Elizabeths long hair to a short bob without thinking to ask either my best friend or her husband. I would have been MUCH more miffed than they were!

This topic reminded me of that for some reason. With little girls people tend to get strange about the hair I guess.

clairenewcastle
October 2nd, 2009, 10:26 PM
|I can relate to this big time I'm afraid.....my mother insisted I get a pixie at the age of 11.
Enjoyed watching it though and thanks for posting it for us.

marikamt
October 2nd, 2009, 10:49 PM
I just spent an hour laughing my B**t off on this site......... (not LHC, the link above)...
hysterical!!!!!!

Merewen
October 2nd, 2009, 11:04 PM
I just spent an hour laughing my B**t off on this site......... (not LHC, the link above)...
hysterical!!!!!!

Glad you enjoyed! The corresponding overheardinnewyork site is one of my favorites.