PDA

View Full Version : Growing from ear length to chin length

natorade
September 21st, 2009, 09:44 PM
How long did it take you?

Heavenly Locks
September 21st, 2009, 09:48 PM
On myself (never been that short) it's about 6 inches, so I'd be able to grow that in about a year. :)

ETA: Apparently, I can't read and I originally read "Ear to Shoulder" Now... I sound like I have a freakishly shaped head where my ear is six inches above my chin. Oops! O.o

longgone
September 21st, 2009, 10:31 PM
About 2-3 months... The last two times I cut my hair, I went from long (maybe mid-back) to the tops of my ears (long front -- ie pull it up in a clip and cut across just below the tops of my ears) with a shave below that... I did it for work reasons... I think it hit my collar in 2-3 months both times...

If you are really looking to grow out short hair to a longer than shoulder length... And you look good without bangs... The trim it even in a clip method works great... You look a little goofy at home if you let it down, but it really helps with pulling it up as it gets longer... Those last two times I cut it I knew I wanted to grow it back out so I kept the long front to make it easier...

motormuffin
September 21st, 2009, 10:51 PM
Oh...I don't remember how long it took. I remember the hardest part was letting it grow over my ear. Then it was smooth sailing until it got to my shoulder.