PDA

View Full Version : Tangles! Layers?

MadHatter
September 21st, 2009, 07:20 PM
My hair is a bit tangly these days. I'm wondering if it's because my hair is all one length, and the strands get to fighting with each other for space.. Do you all think long layers would ease the tangling? How about going back to a U shaped hemline?
Thanks for your input :flowers:

HairColoredHair
September 21st, 2009, 07:24 PM
I really doubt it's tangling because it's all one length. Anything else that might be the culprit? Build-up?

Teazel
September 21st, 2009, 07:25 PM
Layers certainly reduced tangling for me. :agree: That was the only good thing about them, I reckon.

MadHatter
September 21st, 2009, 07:36 PM
I really doubt it's tangling because it's all one length. Anything else that might be the culprit? Build-up?

Nah, not so much. When I clarify, a little bit of the tangling is taken care of, but not enough to make that much of a difference.

WelshLocks
September 21st, 2009, 08:09 PM
I have layers and I don't tangle that bad but I use a neutral shampoo once a week to get rid of build up and my hair is always really tangle free after that wash.I would love to see your hair in a U shape with layers maybe at BSL(not any higher because I know how much of a pain they are to grow out)

In the end,it is your decision.
P.s You have such gorgeous hair. :)

DaveDecker
September 21st, 2009, 08:16 PM
My (extreme) natural layering causes tangling in my case.

Another thing that causes tangling is un-removed fallout, so, sufficiently frequent combing/brushing helps.

Shermie Girl
September 21st, 2009, 08:30 PM
I am also a fine/medium tho a bit more wavy than you. My hair likes to tangle. And it did when I had layers. It is something about my hairtype I have had to accept and live with. :D

ravenreed
September 24th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I have lots of layers and my hair is very tangle prone. It has always been so, no matter what I did to it, and the layers haven't made a bit of difference either way.

Fiferstone
September 24th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I find that when I start to get tangles at the ends, its because I've got splits that need dusting off. That's how I know to give my self another self-trim, because I'm too impatient to S & D properly. I too try to maintain a straight hemline (or as straight as I can manage, anyway).

GlennaGirl
September 24th, 2009, 06:38 PM
My hair tangles a bit more due to my layers. My hairtype isn't exactly like yours, though. (I wish!!! Very pretty.) Anyway, I guess my "layers" are more graduated bangs or whatever that would be called, but they're cut fairly far back/down and I find my brush snagging in them much more so than in the back of my hair, which isn't layered.

MadHatter
September 25th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Okay, it seems more people have problems with layers than without, so I'll drop that idea. Maybe I'll clarify more often..
Thanks everyone :flowers:

spidermom
September 26th, 2009, 06:19 AM
I think tangle-prone hair is better off without layers because it's easier to do up-dos and braids, which help to prevent tangles.

Heidi_234
September 26th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Okay, it seems more people have problems with layers than without, so I'll drop that idea. Maybe I'll clarify more often..
Thanks everyone :flowers:
*phew*
You've got me worried for a moment there :flowers:

MadHatter
September 30th, 2009, 10:25 AM
*phew*
You've got me worried for a moment there :flowers:
LOL :D :flowers:

kirky
September 30th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Yeah, you had me worried for a bit too Madhatter! You have such a great blunt hemline!

MadHatter
October 1st, 2009, 03:31 PM
Yeah, you had me worried for a bit too Madhatter! You have such a great blunt hemline!

Thank you! :flowers: