PDA

View Full Version : Hair rollers

LadyEliza
September 21st, 2009, 06:05 PM
What do you think of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/JAPAN-DIY-10x-roll-Soft-Hair-Care-Peco-Rollers-Curlers_W0QQitemZ300348033018QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_15?hash=item45ee2347fa&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Schmoomunitions
September 21st, 2009, 07:02 PM
Those are like "spoolies" which were big the the 50-60's . You can still find them these days. I think they might take a while to dry if your hair was wet but they probably make nice curls.

Carolyn
September 21st, 2009, 08:54 PM
Ah Spoolies! I had some heated spoolie things a few years ago. They didn't work well for my longer hair. I sent them off in the Goodwill box.

Gladtobemom
September 21st, 2009, 10:52 PM
Ugghhh!

Spoolies. Tangle your hair and get stuck. Awful for long hair.

Go buy some little girl's cotton knee socks. They make wonderful rag curlers. Just roll up your hair and tie them.

bluewhiteblue
September 22nd, 2009, 03:15 AM
I'd agree with Carolyn and Gladtobemom and say that they are best for shorter hair. If you do try them, you'd probably want to get a bunch since you'd have to use tiny sections. Here's a thread (http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=8261) over at the Fedora Lounge discussing Spoolies.

Debra83
September 25th, 2009, 03:07 AM
I got some like this from Avon. They are soft, and fold up over the section with the hair curled on it. A bunch of girls at work bought them from me (I'm a rep) too, but I've never noticed them having used them, and I myself haven't bothered yet.

The idea is good because you don't have to use bobby pins or anything though.

Redheaded Raven
September 25th, 2009, 03:50 AM
I haven't used spool rollers, when I used rollers, I used either sponge rollers or my favorite rag rollers.
They are easy, just get some muslin or silk and make strips and then roll and tie.

Honestwitness
September 26th, 2009, 09:03 AM
When I was a little girl in the fifties, my mother used socks to roll my hair. I had long hair, at least APL, way back then. Before bed, mom would section my hair dry hair, dampen the ends, wind and roll each section around the middle of a white cotton sock up to about my neck, and tie the two ends into a knot. If I remember correctly, she'd use about five socks - one on each side, and three in the back. Off to bed I'd go and sleep with the knots all night. In the morning, she would untie and unwind the socks and I would have beautiful, long-lasting curls.