PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Big Improvement!

Kotora
September 21st, 2009, 05:46 PM
I started lurking here about a month ago. My hair is waist/tailbone length. First, I bought some jojoba oil and have been using it several times a week. I apply it and leave it in overnight. Last week, I got some rosemary essential oil to mix in and I love it! The scent is so invigorating! Today I got some lavendar oil to mix and I'm wearing that right now, and it's sooooo relaxing. I never tried these oils before, though I'd heard about them.

And my hair......before, I was thinking about cutting the last 6 inches because it was so dry and ragged looking. Since being here, I am a reformed woman! My length looks better than ever, and after a 1/4 inch trim this weekend, my ends look great! For the first time in years, people are actually stopping me to compliment me on my hair. All this in only a month! Imagine how I'll feel in a year! Woo-hoo!!! :joy:

OK, I'm done now! Thanks for listening. :)

Merewen
September 21st, 2009, 06:00 PM
Whoo hoo! It's a great feeling, isn't it? I'm happy for you!

Jessikinz
September 21st, 2009, 06:29 PM
Sounds like you have made a huge improvement with the little time that you've been a member here. Good luck with the rest of your hair journey! :)

little_acorn
September 21st, 2009, 06:33 PM
I started lurking here about a month ago. My hair is waist/tailbone length. First, I bought some jojoba oil and have been using it several times a week. I apply it and leave it in overnight. Last week, I got some rosemary essential oil to mix in and I love it! The scent is so invigorating! Today I got some lavendar oil to mix and I'm wearing that right now, and it's sooooo relaxing. I never tried these oils before, though I'd heard about them.

And my hair......before, I was thinking about cutting the last 6 inches because it was so dry and ragged looking. Since being here, I am a reformed woman! My length looks better than ever, and after a 1/4 inch trim this weekend, my ends look great! For the first time in years, people are actually stopping me to compliment me on my hair. All this in only a month! Imagine how I'll feel in a year! Woo-hoo!!! :joy:

OK, I'm done now! Thanks for listening. :)

Thats fantastic - I'm a big jojoba oil fan too :D

ambychelle
September 21st, 2009, 06:50 PM
Where do you buy jojoba oil? It's not like, at wally world is it?

Kotora
September 21st, 2009, 06:50 PM
Yeah, that was a big step for me. For years, I've been trying to get the oil OUT of my hair (my scalp is oily). I tried to be gentle with the length, but you know how it goes. Now, I embrace the oil! As a child of the 80s, this is a whole new mind-set for me! :)

maxzeen
September 21st, 2009, 06:52 PM
wow i am so happy for you! im sure you are happy you didnt cut all that length off! :D

bigevilgrape
September 21st, 2009, 07:43 PM
Yay :) You give me hope.

Kotora
September 21st, 2009, 08:54 PM
Where do you buy jojoba oil? It's not like, at wally world is it?

I don't know about that, but I got mine at a local health food store. They usually stock it, and they saved me a bottle when I called ahead. It was pretty reasonably priced, and I only need a few drops at a time, so it will last me months, if not longer.

friskybiznus
September 21st, 2009, 09:19 PM
Wow, that is awesome! I'm using coconut oil now, but may have to try the jojoba oil! I like the idea of adding essential oils to it! Best wishes!

losthistory
September 21st, 2009, 09:26 PM
I've been lurking for a while, too. My hair feel so much nicer since I started using some of the tips and tricks found on this forum. My hair is around shoulder length with layers to keep my hair from being too 'heavy-looking' since it is bi-hair-ual (curly sometimes, wavy other times), but it is dry. Curly hair is naturally drier than other types of hair, but I also get it, rather used to get, my hair highlighted and lowlighted. Another thing that has really helped has been oiling my hair at night and braiding it. My hair isn't tangly in the mornings anymore and is much, much softer!

I ordered monoi oil since my hair soaks up jojoba oil as if it were free.

:love:

82exoticbeauty
September 24th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Another big YAY! That's wonderful big improvement for you and the hair!:applause

JamieLeigh
September 24th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Congrats on seeing improvement, and if I've never said it before, Welcome to LHC!! :flower: I can't wait to see what it looks like. :)

Anje
September 24th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Welcome to LHC.

Sesame oil's my newest thing. Coconut's nice, but my hair just drinks up sesame. (Yeah, we're going to give you quite a list of stuff to try, huh? Someone needs to set up an LHC oil sampler service so we don't all run out and buy huge quantities of oils.)

Peter
September 24th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Congratulations to you!

That's what LHC does to people. :D

Sister13
September 26th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Great to hear! I hope to follow your jojoba footsteps.

Cheers!

rusika1
September 26th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Someone needs to set up an LHC oil sampler service so we don't all run out and buy huge quantities of oils.)

Oooh, that's a fantastic idea! I sense a new Etsy shop--or at least an addition to an existing one.