PDA

View Full Version : Remember this thread?

naomimcc
September 21st, 2009, 12:52 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1631&highlight=makeover

Major dancing cheese to the first person to guess the irony....:eyebrows:

wolf girl
September 21st, 2009, 12:53 PM
LOL It does seem like makeovers are in the spotlight lately on the boards

Isilme
September 21st, 2009, 12:58 PM
you signed up for a makeover?I hope you get the results you want if that's the case:)

magpielaura
September 21st, 2009, 01:02 PM
What - did you win a makeover? :)

naomimcc
September 21st, 2009, 01:09 PM
No dancing cheese yet...but some are close...keep guessing!...(and no, no makeover yet either...but it may be coming...)

magpielaura
September 21st, 2009, 01:16 PM
Are you going to do a makeover on someone?

naomimcc
September 21st, 2009, 01:19 PM
Nope. hee hee hee...I'll post another hint in a minute...

naomimcc
September 21st, 2009, 01:21 PM
Hint number two: I recently spoke to this woman to find out more information:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/NaomiMcC/tyramakeover-1-1.jpg

magpielaura
September 21st, 2009, 01:23 PM
Have you seen a makeover where the hair was made longer with extensions?

Cheese extensions?

Heidi_234
September 21st, 2009, 01:48 PM
naomimcc, I remember you considering going for a makeover since you got tired of your hair anyway (or maybe I'm confusing you with someone else? :confused:)

Chrissy
September 21st, 2009, 01:58 PM
I have no idea. I also have no idea who that person is. Is there a prize for knowing absolutely nothing?? :)

InTheCity
September 21st, 2009, 02:01 PM
Someone very close to me (not me, but the closest you can come) won a makeover and while they did a trim, they barely touched her length. (Not that she has long hair, but its not short either.) She looks beautiful, doesnt she?

http://www.blushaesthetique.com/blush_images2/colette_banda.jpg

Finoriel
September 21st, 2009, 02:01 PM
If there is a price for knowing nothing :gabigrin: then I want one, too.
:shrug: No idea either and too tired to even guess something creative.

ImperfectBrat
September 21st, 2009, 02:05 PM
Are you thinking about going on Tyra ?

naomimcc
September 21st, 2009, 02:20 PM
Are you thinking about going on Tyra ?
:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

Last year when that girl that I posted the pic of above went on I sent an email to the show. I said I had loved the cut, had waist length hair and someday would consider cutting it. They contacted me this week to talk to me and about my email from last year. They wanted to know if I was interested in being on a future show. Since I've been thinking of a change for literally years now I told the I would seriously consider it. I also let them in on my hair care routine and the joys of hair toys, i.e. forks, combs, sticks etc. They now want to incorporate that into a future show.

Now...back to the girl above...I contacted her last week and spoke to her regarding her experience on the Tyra Show and she said it rocked. She loves her hair and has kept it. I asked her why she decided to cut and she said she was just plain old tired of it and wanted a change. (my reason exactly). I also asked if she would grow it out again and she said she may grow it back out to shoulders someday.

You do have some say in your makeover in regards to length as they do a consult before hand. I said I may be interested in going to Chin and that I'M NOT INTERESTED IN DONATING TO LOL. However I did say I would be interested in selling it and donating the money to the Canadian Cancer Society. They thought that was neat as well.

I haven't decided 100% yet, but I have some time to decide. After 12 years I think I'm ready for a change. I'm finding I'm bored. And I figure if I'm gonna cut my hair I may as well go big, go national, get a fully paid trip to New York, new hair, new clothes and new makeup or go home:p

I know many people here are against makeover shows (and Tyra) but as it has been mentioned before .... the people on those shows choose to participate at their own accord. I may be one of those people this year. :D

I recently read that Tyra did contact LadyLongLocks is it? And she said no...that's cool...if I had hair like that I would say no too! Wow! Gorgeous!

melrose1985
September 21st, 2009, 02:26 PM
Well good for you! it sounds like SOOO much fun! And i agree, if that's what you want why not go all out!!! If you do do it, you know we are going to want to see before and afters!

JamieLeigh
September 21st, 2009, 03:55 PM
Wow! Well, you deserve to be happy with yourself. And if you decide you like yourself better with short hair, then more power to you and congrats! I hope things work out for you. :flower:

...and it wasn't LadyLongLocks - the lady they approached wasn't a member here (to my knowledge - if she is, she doesn't post), but I know her from Facebook and online chats. :)

naomimcc
September 21st, 2009, 03:58 PM
She's a lady here...it was where I found her post. She goes by JJJ on her blog...Crud...I can't remember her name...I'll have to go hunting...it was very recent though...within the last two weeks...

Yup...ladylonglocks
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=33439&highlight=tyra

longhairedfairy
September 21st, 2009, 04:01 PM
Whatever floats yer boat.:)

naomimcc
September 22nd, 2009, 01:36 PM
It's been a long time coming I think. I've been writing about cutting for over two years...waaaaaay longer than the 2 week rule....i think i may be ready....I just hope I'll still be welcome here :)

enfys
September 22nd, 2009, 03:45 PM
It's been a long time coming I think. I've been writing about cutting for over two years...waaaaaay longer than the 2 week rule....i think i may be ready....I just hope I'll still be welcome here :)

No chance! :p

I would be interested just to hear from someone real what it's really like, really.

And I always love to see before and afters of everything.

Since you went 52 times past the two week rule I think you've thought about this enough. If it all goes wrong it's only hair.

mugglemomof3
September 22nd, 2009, 03:52 PM
Now...back to the girl above...I contacted her last week and spoke to her regarding her experience on the Tyra Show and she said it rocked. She loves her hair and has kept it. I asked her why she decided to cut and she said she was just plain old tired of it and wanted a change. (my reason exactly). I also asked if she would grow it out again and she said she may grow it back out to shoulders someday.

This is so cool! I absolutely adored her cut and always wondered if she ended up liking it and keeping it or not! Thank you for answering my thoughts!!!

Good luck if you do decide to do such a show. I think it would be fun. Hair grows.

Fencai
September 22nd, 2009, 03:56 PM
Well, that's pretty neat! And if you do decide to go on with the show (absolutely all puns intended!) Best of wishes to you!

saskia_madding
September 22nd, 2009, 04:11 PM
Does anyone have a before and after link for the woman who loved her Tyra cut?

darkwaves
September 22nd, 2009, 08:53 PM
If you want a change, what a great way to do it!

Especially if you are the one initiating it, and you remain in control...

(And will you write about it? I mean, freelance? You've got one interview done, the one with the other woman who cut her hair... then your first person insights -- what it's really like... Then ask lots of questions of the producers, etc. -- and, for the other side, interview JJJ! Hey! You could market that story, you know...)

magpielaura
September 23rd, 2009, 11:52 AM
I thinks it is great!

If you were going to cut anyway, why not get the free trip/ makeover/ maybe free outfit/ free stylist? As long as you stay in control and be firm with the show how far you will go.

I have a minor resevation...Be aware that they might make unfavorable remarks about the "before" you - maybe aspects of your look that you were quite happy about. You will have no control over how they edit the show for transmition. Not that I think you shouldn't do it, but if personal criticism (aired nationwide) might upset you, think about it carefully. If you are pretty secure and the show tends to be upbeat/supportive/uncritical go for it. It will be a blast and we all want to hear about it! I think Darkwaves ideas are really interesting too.

naomimcc
September 23rd, 2009, 12:07 PM
I thinks it is great!

If you were going to cut anyway, why not get the free trip/ makeover/ maybe free outfit/ free stylist? As long as you stay in control and be firm with the show how far you will go.

I have a minor resevation...Be aware that they might make unfavorable remarks about the "before" you - maybe aspects of your look that you were quite happy about. You will have no control over how they edit the show for transmition. Not that I think you shouldn't do it, but if personal criticism (aired nationwide) might upset you, think about it carefully. If you are pretty secure and the show tends to be upbeat/supportive/uncritical go for it. It will be a blast and we all want to hear about it! I think Darkwaves ideas are really interesting too.

No worries about remarks. I'm not happy about anything about myself right now and need some help. Ugh. I'm good with it all!

As for a before/after pic of the other lady:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/NaomiMcC/tyramakeover.jpg