PDA

View Full Version : Question about two different hair types

Cryspatus
September 21st, 2009, 01:41 AM
Underneath my hair there is a layer that is a completely different texture and thickness than the rest of my hair. Its very frizzy and very very fine. It's also dryer and it gets split ends often. The rest of my hair rarely gets split ends. I tried to take a picture just singling out that hair so you can see what I mean.

Here is my hair normally (you can't see the frizzy hair)

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss167/zzzpenchant/hair/avatar-1.jpg

Here is the hair underneath:

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss167/zzzpenchant/hair/hairfrizz.jpg

I can't say if this has always been a problem because i had short hair for years so I just may have never noticed it. I only noticed it about a year ago.

Can anyone tell me what might be the reason behind it? Could it possibly be neck hair that is grown out? it seems like a strange texture for normal hair to have...

Thanks in advance

Cryspatus
September 21st, 2009, 02:23 AM
I also meant to ask if theres anything I can do to straighten/fix the frizzy hair that isn't damaging

Blackfay
September 21st, 2009, 02:54 AM
Do you wear necklaces much? My sister has very thick straight hair, but the back of her neck always has thin, curly, frizzy hair which is made much worse when she wears necklaces that her hair gets caught in.

Cryspatus
September 21st, 2009, 07:31 PM
No i dont really wear jewelery.. I find it interesting that your sister has the same problem. Has her hair always been like that? Or is it just because of the necklace?

meowmeow
September 21st, 2009, 08:08 PM
I don't know why it happens but I don't think it's that unusual to have another texture of hair on your head. I know for myself that I have fine hair at the nape of my neck and around the perimeter of my head. It sometimes gets frizzy for me because I think it's easier for the finer hairs to stick to my t-shirt and therefore not line up with the other hairs in the same area. It's even worse when I wear shirts with a high collar (like a polo shirt).

Brat
September 21st, 2009, 08:24 PM
Mine's the opposite. It's finer, straighter, and healthier underneath. The outside layer is more coarse and curly and tough. It's not at all strange to have different textures on the same head.