PDA

View Full Version : I decided to go have a trim today

juliaxena
September 21st, 2009, 12:17 AM
I decided to have 3/4 of an inch cut away today. I just can't stand my uneven ends anymore. I'll still have a gazillon layers but it will be a bit better. I'd cut it all the way to chin, but it would be too much of a shock to my fiance. I think he'd think I don't want long hair lol. I do. I just prefer health and beauty to lenght. And the lenght will come in time. Sigh. Life of a shortie is hard. Keep your fingers crossed.

Toadstool
September 21st, 2009, 12:38 AM
Good luck!
If you want to cut it to chin, go for it. It's your hair, not your fiance's and you can explain it's to get rid of the layers. Otherwise I reckon the layers will drive you crazy,since you can't stand uneven ends.

Toadstool
September 21st, 2009, 02:59 PM
How did it go?

freckles
September 21st, 2009, 03:03 PM
good luck! let us know how it went :)

juliaxena
September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 AM
I couldn't make it to salon the other day because something came up at work. Then my fiance gave me some hard time about it lol. But I'm still going tommorow. Will let you know.

ambychelle
September 22nd, 2009, 11:18 AM
I'm with you! Last year I had really bad layers put in and had to have them "fixed" by another stylist that took off even more length. My below BSL hair ended up with the shortest pieces just at the top of my hears and the longest just past my shoulders. He had to "blend in" all the choppy pieces so I don't even have really distinct layers.. just lots and lots of different lengths.

Even though the shortest layer is now about shoulder lenght, I just can't bring myself to cut to that length yet. I just keep trimming a little ever few months. It's like I want to drag out the torture *lol*

A 3/4 inch trim will feel really good. If it doesn't, then go back and get it done again next month. You can always cut more off later. AND, stylists usually cut more than you ask for anyway so don't be surprised if you lose more like 1.5 when it's all said and done.

juliaxena
September 23rd, 2009, 06:55 AM
I did it and the experience itself was horrifying. They were not gentle with my hair when washing at all and when they blow dryed my hair, my ear got burnt, I still feel it. Plus the guy really did cut more than I said. I'm a bit sorry which I knew I would be, but what I fear most is facing my fiance lol. Oh god, I'm so scared what he will say lol. Will post a pic in a few minutes.

juliaxena
September 23rd, 2009, 07:15 AM
It's a bad pic, but I don't have a camera with me atm. Just what I could do with my phone.

ETA: On the plus side, I think I no longer have layers at the back of my head, just at the sides. I will survive, I just hope others will too lol. And now I just pray it will grow fast. It's better I did it though...those ends would have made me go mad if I didn't do it.

Carolyn
September 23rd, 2009, 07:56 AM
I'm so sorry the stylist was so rough and hurtful with your hair. So many are like that and I hate it too. But on the bright side, it looks like you have a great new start to growing out. Your hair looks like it's all one length in back and very healthy. You shouldn't have to get it cut again for a while. I had a long miserable layer grow out too and struggled with it. I did the trim an inch every other month thing. Looking back I wish I had just cut it all at once and grown from there. My advice would be to tell Mr Fiance to chill out if he says something. It's your hair and you know what's best for it.

juliaxena
September 23rd, 2009, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the support, I really need it right now. I am meeeting with my fiance in one hour. There's stil 2 centimeters to cut off if I want completely layerless hair, but you are right, I won't cut it in a while now.

Roseate
September 23rd, 2009, 11:46 AM
Look at how thick and blunt your hemline is now! It looks great!

You could join a 'no trims for a year(or however long)' challenge if you want, since it is nice and even now and ready to grow.

ChrissieM
September 23rd, 2009, 11:53 AM
Your ends look great! And your hair is so sleek and shiny. Don't worry about your fiance, tell him you are still growing it and it will be back to where you started in a few months. You did what was right for YOUR hair and yourself.

juliaxena
September 23rd, 2009, 11:24 PM
Mr fiance told me I look beautiful this morning. So I guess I'm out of the woods. All I can say now is wish me fast and happy growing. And there are so many layers...gone. Yay :)

freckles
September 24th, 2009, 05:23 AM
It looks great! :) And remember -- hair grows. :) Try not to worry. Happy growing!

Ally<3
September 25th, 2009, 11:47 PM
I have lots of layers too and they are such a pain to grow out. However I think I'd rather keep them and keep the length I do have, and just continue growing them out.

I too dislike the hairdressers, the way the rip the brush through your hair when it's wet, scrub it at the sink and use the dryer on the hot setting.