PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap... Waves!

LittleOrca
September 20th, 2009, 09:53 PM
So another wash day came and went, same ol' same ol', oiled before hand to make hair happy, yadda yadda, my hair took a few hours to dry and BAM!!!!

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/Length%20Shots/IMG_2756.jpg

My waves have never been THIS extreme (in recent months.) Maybe my hair is starting to come back after the years of abuse it suffered after college. :) *Squeee!*

ETA: And my ends may be thin, but they are soft and growing! :happydance:

ETA2: I just noticed that my shorter ends (since my hair is fairytale shaped) has gone from BSL to a lot closer to waist [when I look at pictures from Feb. when I first joined.] It's not where I want to be, but its a start! :D

Gabriel
September 20th, 2009, 09:57 PM
And look at the shine! Those are great waves- your hair looks really healthy!

Quixii
September 20th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Wow, very pretty! It looks like waves of gold. :D

Gumball
September 20th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Great shiny waviness, LittleOrca! It does look very soft, too. Something is afoot here, and I think it's success!

ericthegreat
September 20th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Orca, you truly are a mermaid. Those are the glossiest, most perfect waves I've ever seen! And your natural tapering ends actually add to the whole natural, mermaid look.

All you need now is your tail. :D

LittleOrca
September 20th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the compliments! :D I was so unsure about my hair yesterday when I used hairspray in it (for the first time since I joined). I just felt so dirty, lol. Thankfully I rinsed my hair before pulling out the braids and I am definitely learning stuff from this site. I love you LHC! :D

Here is the style I had been wearing (http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/Updos/IMG_9169.jpg), but the braid waves had been washed out and the waves I have are all mine. :D

JamieRose
September 20th, 2009, 10:05 PM
aaaah those are PERFECT waves, I'm jealous!!!

noelgirl
September 20th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Gorgeous! I agree with ericthegreat, that's mermaid hair!

AnnaMarie
September 20th, 2009, 10:39 PM
:agape:STUNNING!

bluewhiteblue
September 21st, 2009, 12:20 AM
Those waves are just made of shine! Gorgeous color too!

MermaidGirl
September 21st, 2009, 12:23 AM
Yep, perfect mermaid hair! Wish mine was like that!

Toadstool
September 21st, 2009, 12:28 AM
Wow that's so shiny!!
And I love the braided flowered style. Very pretty

ericthegreat
September 21st, 2009, 12:32 AM
Oh wow..........that braided double pigtail loop you did is really cute, especially with the purple flowers you placed which really accent the look.

pdy2kn6
September 21st, 2009, 01:28 AM
I thought you had died the ends of your hair pink and yellow for a second before i realised it was just the tye-dye top you had on, lol. Amazing waves, your hair always amazes me :)

LittleOrca
September 21st, 2009, 01:29 AM
I thought you had died the ends of your hair pink and yellow for a second before i realised it was just the tye-dye top you had on, lol. Amazing waves, your hair always amazes me :)

Hehe, I should have worn something less.... bright, but I didn't want to risk ruining the waves if I changed clothes.

Maddy25
September 21st, 2009, 08:35 AM
Sooooo pretty!!! Thats how I want my hair :)

rach
September 21st, 2009, 08:38 AM
yeay to wavy goodness :D

Sherri
September 21st, 2009, 08:41 AM
Waves are so pretty;) they really looks nice on you.

JamieLeigh
September 21st, 2009, 09:08 AM
Wow. :thud: Your hair is looking amazing these days. Definitely keep on with what you're doing! What a shine - my Transitions lenses are darkening on my glasses! 8)

amaiaisabella
September 21st, 2009, 09:33 AM
I have to tell you, LittleOrca, I know sometimes you've bemoaned your ends, and with waves like that, they look perfect!

JessTheMess
September 21st, 2009, 09:35 AM
Pretty Pretty Pretty Hair :cheese::cheese::cheese:!!!!!!!

missfortune9335
September 21st, 2009, 10:46 AM
wow those waves are perfect, they couldn't look better if you used a waving iron even, you're so lucky to have them naturally!

redneckprincess
September 21st, 2009, 10:58 AM
perfect waves orca, you and I have the same hair type so Im very excited to have waves like that to look forward to ☺
Do you comb or brush any while your hair is drying?

BlndeInDisguise
September 21st, 2009, 11:13 AM
Beautiful!:thudpile:

shadowclaw
September 21st, 2009, 11:23 AM
Beautiful waves, LittleOrca! I've always envied wavy hair, and yours is absolutely lovely. Good to hear that your hair is getting back to its old self.

HotRag
September 21st, 2009, 11:30 AM
Great looking hair, and what a great comination with that shirt :)
Looks fantastic.

Katze
September 21st, 2009, 11:31 AM
beautiful healthy waves!

teela1978
September 21st, 2009, 11:34 AM
They look so pretty!

LittleOrca
September 21st, 2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. :o :D

perfect waves orca, you and I have the same hair type so Im very excited to have waves like that to look forward to ☺
Do you comb or brush any while your hair is drying?

Nope, I let my hair dry before I comb it. I only a comb for the most part and the brush it only introduced when my hair is tangle free and the brush can grab my hair easier for styling.

little_acorn
September 21st, 2009, 02:24 PM
Wow - those are stunning waves :D

Angharad
September 21st, 2009, 02:32 PM
Those waves are soooo lovely and also your hair has a beautiful golden, softly shine; very pretty Little Orca!

Little_Bird
September 21st, 2009, 03:12 PM
Gosh, and what waves! It's a golden sea :thud:

Your hair is so beautyfull (and altough this is off topic, you have to teach me playing the harp!!!! You do it wondefully :flowers:)

Peter
September 21st, 2009, 03:26 PM
Your waves look amazing, and that shirt is cool. :)

Haldir
September 21st, 2009, 04:43 PM
Those are such lovely waves, LittleOrca! And I love your hair colour, it's soo pretty^^

ambychelle
September 21st, 2009, 06:54 PM
Can I just say that usually fairtale ends aren't my favorite and I much prefer blunt ends.... But yours are so pretty and it just looks right with your hair. So lovely I want to reach out and touch it! Ohhhh.. that's a bit like a stranger touching a pregnant belly right? Not cool *lol*

Speckla
September 21st, 2009, 06:59 PM
Wow. I need to pick my jaw up off the floor now.

LittleOrca
September 21st, 2009, 07:01 PM
Can I just say that usually fairtale ends aren't my favorite and I much prefer blunt ends.... But yours are so pretty and it just looks right with your hair. So lovely I want to reach out and touch it! Ohhhh.. that's a bit like a stranger touching a pregnant belly right? Not cool *lol*

lol Thanks, I have had strangers pet my hair before and it is a little strange.:silly: When my hair is closer to goal I may blunt or U the hemline. For now, I am letting my hair grow at it's leisure. :)

And Little Bird, the harp isn't too hard to learn. The hardest part for me was playing two different things with my hands, much like a pianist would. :) You get past that and remember to "keep your thumbs up and your fingers will never let you down" and harp playing will come easily. :D