PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with curls

Paelena
April 18th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Hi, I'm a newbie with curls. My hair most of my life has been about to the middle of my back.... when wet and picked out. Which means it's about 2 inches shorter when it's allowed to dry in to slinkys with the help of mousse. If I dare not use moouse or comb it when it's dry I get nasty tangled frizz even with super heavy conditioners and rinse with luke-warm water. When it is very humid, my hair barely brushes the tops of my shoulders and there is no help for frizz those days except lots of clips. If I'm out on a rainy day I use a lot of clips and ponytail scrunchies. If you also have this hair type you know how confused I was when I tried to tell my profile how long my hair is. Wet, Dry wiht product (normal), Dry w/out product, or on a humid day. Laughs with a moderately helpless tone. It took me 25 years to figure out what to do to make it look pretty every time I wanted it to. I am now 32. BUT... for all the tips I've picked up so far my hair still grows slow and only after the very rare and radical (3 inches) cut. Does it grow much at all. Please direct me to a good forum for my curly breakable split ends.

tomm
April 18th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Welcome to LHC, Paelena. It is a joy to have another Curly join the community!

Have you found the Wurly and Curly thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=369) yet? You'll find lots of kindred curlies there, and lots of good advice.

lookingglass
April 18th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Welcome! I know a lot of curlies that have shorter terminal lengths. Try threads on COing, S&D, Oiling, and, of course, the curly thread! MOISTURE is the key to great curls. What that means to YOUR hair is different for everyone! Tuck in, have fun, experiment, and good luck!

Paelena
April 20th, 2008, 12:06 AM
thanks for pointing me in a helpful direction folks ! very big thanks