PDA

View Full Version : My Monistat experiment

SandyStar
September 19th, 2009, 03:12 PM
After reading pages and pages and pages of the Monistat threads, I have decided to give it a go! :p

I've used the Monistat 3 times so far. The first time I used it I diluted it with some water and put it into a small applicator bottle and put it on my scalp that way. The second time, which was 4 days later, I put it on with my fingers in the front and then used the applicator/water method for the back. Then yesterday, I just used my fingers. I would make many parts in my hair and just apply to the scalp line. I would keep changing the part and putting on the cream. I'm using Monistat Derm. That stuff is expensive! I really hope it works.

I took a before picture (well actually I am 3 applications into my experiment). I'm going to check my growth in 3 months, then stop using the Monistat and check my growth in 3 months. Then I'll start using the Monistat again for 3 months and check again. Then I'll stop with Monistat and check after 3 months. I think that method should account for any seasonal variations in growth. I'll be doing the experiment twice.

Then after 1 year I should know whether or not the Monistat really works.

I'm also using Nizoral once a week since I read Nizoral is used by balding men to stop hair loss.

Here is a picture of my length this Sept. 19, 2009. I will take another picture one month from now.

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu236/Denebie/Sept192009hairlength.jpg

squiggyflop
September 19th, 2009, 04:49 PM
i wish i had such lovely straight black hair.. goodluck with monistat.. i used it with success to get my hair to grow again after a stall

SandyStar
September 19th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Thanks, I just realized I have access to blogs now. I think I will blog about my experiment.

natorade
September 20th, 2009, 11:43 PM
I would love to try the monistat, but I have had so many bad things happen to my hair in less than a years time that I have become paranoid to try anything. I am so afraid that it might make my hair fall out.

jacqueline101
April 20th, 2013, 02:48 PM
I love Monistat it's great.